Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dealing with blatant disrespect from a douchebag at work

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work at a local bar/club as a DJ in my hometown of Montreal since 2006. As such, I am the resident DJ and I play here 3x a week including friday nights. There is a new waiter that has just been hired. From what I know he was a friend of the owner's and manager's before he was hired as well as the brother of 2 sisters who already bartend at the bar..fairly incestuous to say the least..it's clear he is part of this big french canadian clique.

So upon working at my bar, this dude simply acts like he owns the place. He is unnecessarily loud, obnoxious, aggressive and is apparently right at home. This is all good, except tonight, I realized he doesn't like the music I play and from my standpoint criticizes it/makes fun of it to my manager and owner of the bar basically in front of my face. I realize some people will like your music and others not so much but the last thing I need from a business standpoint is some arrogant dork pointing things out to my superiors that didn't 'exist' before. He had the gall to actually give me a drink while I was djing and claim that it was from my friend who said "I should have it even though my music is complete shyt". Upon hearing this I took a brief respite from behind the booth to substantiate this claim, which, according to my friend, was never made.

So not only is this guy talking shyt behind my back to my bosses but he's obviously taking me for a fool and taking the piss out of me right in front of my eyes.

My first instinct is to grab this tosser by the throat at my convenience (and with some element of privacy) and set him straight but i know he's fairly tight with my superiors. In the same token I know some sort of example has to be set. I've been there for 3 years, him, 1 week, and he somehow has to be taken off his cloud.

How do you guys deal with animosity in the workplace?

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't play sh1tty music then?

If your music isn't sh1tty and everyone knows it what have you got to lose.

Other then that I'm at a loss, kicking his ass would be a bad thing, so would complaining about him i guess. Maybe confidently put the guy in his place by busting his balls as well?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deal with him just like you'd deal with any other AMOG. Politely and covertly outframe him. And never let it show that he is getting to you.

e.g.

He: Here's a drink, so and so said your music is shyt.

you: yea, thanks (smile) I know my music is the shyt.

say it loud, laugh and slap him on the back or high five him without any obvious malice. Whatever he says to you frame it as a compliment or how he's trying to make friends with the best dj there is.

Always be cordial, never be suckered into pissing contests at work.

snackwitch

Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Deal with him just like you'd deal with any other AMOG. Politely and covertly outframe him. And never let it show that he is getting to you.

e.g.

He: Here's a drink, so and so said your music is shyt.

you: yea, thanks (smile) I know my music is the shyt.

say it loud, laugh and slap him on the back or high five him without any obvious malice. Whatever he says to you frame it as a compliment or how he's trying to make friends with the best dj there is.

Always be cordial, never be suckered into pissing contests at work.
great advice, I agree with this guy, no pissing contests, let this guy's games roll off your back, stay in your mindframe at all times.