"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Dealing with a guy trying to ridicule you in front of girl

apprentice

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I'd appreciate any advice on this. There is this girl that I used to see around my campus at uni who seemed to like me a lot although I had never made a move on her although I was kind of interested. She even tried approaching me but at the time I wasn't interested and I had walked away (stupid move I know). She now has a boyfriend, who always seems to have a smirk on his face when he sees me. I'm sure this girl has said something to him about me, because I have never seen this guy in my life before. He seems hell bent on making me look like a fool in front of her. This is really starting to get to me and I have been very close to just putting my fist through his face (in my mind at least). I've resorted to giving him a death stare and he now seems scared ****less. Wheneve he sees me he looks down or tries to get away. What is your advice on handling this guy without acting like a caveman and punching his lights out although I want him to stop smirking? The death stare seems to have done the trick so far but whenever the girl is around he tries to make me look like a fool by smirking at me.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Well that's one way to handle it...

It's really a nonissue, though. You make it an issue by caring that he smirks at you in the first place. We'll see how smirky he is when your d!ck's all up in his girlfriend. :p
 

apprentice

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Thanks Squirrels. I think this girl is playing games, trying to play us off against each other. Although recently she has started sticking up for me and laughing at him in front of my face whenever he tries to pull that smirk on me. But pride keeps me from getting together with here since she pulled that kind of crap in the first place. She is trying to make up for pulling that stunt. Do you guys think its worth giving her a chance, since she's starting sticking up for me?
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
1) You don't need any sticking up for.

2) As far as trying to date/hook up with her, do what you want. I dunno if it would be worth the trouble of dealing with Mr. Smirky, though. Personally, if you had your chance before and you blew it, then I'm not too optimistic, but I've gotten "the benefit of the doubt" before, so just do what you want.

But don't get too worried about it. She's just one girl.
 

MadeInTheUK

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
UK
a situation i was in afew weeks ago...
i was at my mates birthday in a club, with a couple of his mates, and his fiances sister and her friend....
me and this guy that i kinda know were talking to the girls and i was generally flirty and being funny and stuff...and he said 'oh but he is gay' trying to use it as an insult. so i just looked at both of the girls and said, hes right you know i am gay.
both of them quickly were like 'no your not' and i just kept saying i am, you girls aint got a chance with me..... but maybe if you both dance with me you cud turn me straight...proceded to the dance floor without the other guy and grind away with both of the girls.
leaving him by himself looking like a goose.

depending on the situation and how/what someone was insulting you with, i would usually use it like this...

proove to the girl that you are a MAN, that you are comfortable with every single aspect of your life, if someone insults you, just joke around and agree.. show the girl that you can have fun by yourself and that no one can influence your behavier based on a couple insults. the other guy will end up looking like a **** cuz you have just prooved that you have more power than him, and in most cases they wont know what the **** to respond to someone agreeing to an insult like this.
at the end just say bbye to the girl...give her a kiss on the cheek, smile and walk away.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top