I'll just tell it straight out...i've had hearing problems my whole life. I'm deaf without hearing aids. Basically I can understand some speech, but in a noisy environment my comprehension approaches zero. I can't understand lyrics to music, but i could read the lyrics and follow along. Heck, i even play a musical instrument, but i can't use telephones. My hearing is okay, it's just that my comprehension sucks.
All the DJ tatics in this forum are flawed for me because they center around getting phone numbers and doing convos. Convos are difficult for me, and down near impossible on the telephone.
My point? It makes it really hard to talk to chicks. I think this is the main reason why I am lacking confidence in social encounters. I might try to have a convo with a chick that i would know from school, and it ends up being pointless because i have to keep asking for clarification. Sometimes they get a little nervous and try to speak different, and the whole situation becomes awkward. I'm pretty sure that i've turned off some girls with my lack of communication skills, which is pretty fustrating. (not to say i've never had experience with a girl, or miss obvious situations due to lack of confidence)
Has anyone had experience with this problem? What would be the best way for me to apply everything i've read on these forums?
Thanks for any help. I'm starting college this fall. I've read the bible and almost everything on this site for about a year now, but this is my first post.
All the DJ tatics in this forum are flawed for me because they center around getting phone numbers and doing convos. Convos are difficult for me, and down near impossible on the telephone.
My point? It makes it really hard to talk to chicks. I think this is the main reason why I am lacking confidence in social encounters. I might try to have a convo with a chick that i would know from school, and it ends up being pointless because i have to keep asking for clarification. Sometimes they get a little nervous and try to speak different, and the whole situation becomes awkward. I'm pretty sure that i've turned off some girls with my lack of communication skills, which is pretty fustrating. (not to say i've never had experience with a girl, or miss obvious situations due to lack of confidence)
Has anyone had experience with this problem? What would be the best way for me to apply everything i've read on these forums?
Thanks for any help. I'm starting college this fall. I've read the bible and almost everything on this site for about a year now, but this is my first post.