Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

David DeAngelo: good or bad?

original_prankster

Reaction score
i stand by deangelo

i read his ebook double your dating, and it showed me what the hell i was doing wrong with women. he does know what he's talking about.

p.s in double ur dating he does say, " while c & f is a good basis to use, it is not the only part of atracting women" lol so there

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My first exposure to seduction was Ross Jeffries, prolly 7 or 8 years ago and it didn't help me. Part of the problem was that I was young, the other part was that I was looking at all these wierd/stupid sounding patterns totally out of context.

Then I found DD about a year ago, his teachings have changed my world view and can be applied to much more than women. DD is god, none of what he teaches is wrong unless you are looking at it out of context or with totally virgin, antisocial eyes.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DD is not teaching guys about pick up..
he's teaching us to be "men".
more valuable then anything out there right now.
he's helping build a solid foundation in ones core and
inner game.

DYD and MM and RSD all compliment eachother quite well.
inner and outer game.

just a note-
DD in the beggining of the Advanced series , it's clear that he's
against using SS.He goes into how "seduction" is misleading and that it creates a "needy" image.
even in the mastery series Mystery
snuck in a jab at SS. it's not obvious to anyone else not
familiar with the old grudge between them but i just found it
interesting.

.."there's two things when you come in with seduction..
you're working with SPEED ...and SEDUCTION..."
:crackup:

mystery-
the Mastery series

pps
if you watch closely in all of the dvd series, you can see where
he makes a point that he may not personally beleive in but
he states it anyways. just watch. when he touches his nose,
or when he "picks off a peice of lint" of his shirt or pants.
he touches his face ALOT , it's a classic UNCONCIOUS body
lanuage move when you are not congruent or totally aggreeing with what you are saying!!! ;)

LionOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started with DYD material, it's good but I found it didn't explain how to have the good rapport with girl. It's more about breaking it with c&f, push&pull and other techniques. But you cannot keep breaking rapport if there's not ways to get it back.

So, I had to complete the DYD material with some better knowledge of rapport building to make it work. For example this thread by Señor Fingers was helpful in many ways:http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37719

silverfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
I give props to David D. I was at the stage where I had just decided that despite being reasonably good looking, well educated, solvent etc I wasn't going to be a guy who could ever attract girls.

The I found his newsletters and eventually read the DYD eBook. There were so many "slap myself in the head" moments when I saw things I had been doing that were actively turning women off (basically being a needy, supplicative wuss.)

Haven't tried his DVDs but I have some of his interview discs. They are hit and miss. Wasn't too impressed with the Leil Lowndes interview but the two disc interview with Neil Strauss/Style was great.

Anyway, since then I found this board and the DJ Bible and things have been much better and I am finally able to make approaches, get numbers etc and my confidence is up.

I agree he reads a better website but it seems that a lot of these guys are setting up sites on that format now (pickup101, taoofdating, Juggler's eBook site etc...)

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
David is a really positive thinker. the whole "my reality, and you're just a guest in it" ideal is amazing.

it conditions you to be the alpha male my seeing what you want, and going for it. if you cant get it, you move on and don’t waste your energy.

he applies this to getting women. and says it works because it shows women that you're a "go getter" and a guy that knows what he wants. which is good.

this is what i got from David’s book. i have yet to finish reading it.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"he markets one small part of the game (****y funny) as the magic pill which will get you laid"

No he doesn't, in fact he often specifically states that C&F is "just one of the tools in your tool-kit"

I mean, David D isn't 100% perfect but I'd stand by the large majority of his material.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: DD

Originally posted by Sanctum1972
I was exposed to his website almost a year ago and found his ideas.....strange and unusual at the time. I don't agree with using C&F too much or the women will think you're trying too hard.
I think humor can be used to lighten up the mood or self-deprecation is also a good way to let the women's guard down. If you're not by nature, "Mr. Comedy"..don't try it because it's not who you are and if you end up marrying her and drop your facade...she'll find you are NOT what you seem to be and it's 'bye bye'.

But, as an artist/designer, I can tell that his website is aimed at marketing and selling and was'nt fooled by it. I've seen many marketing websites that adopt the detailed structure leading you to the 'closing' sale by getting your curious or, worse, guilt trip.
The biggest problem with his products are his CDs/DVDs and I asked myself, "Well, if he was smart, why did'nt he make them accessible to guys who are deaf?". How are they supposed to hear what he has to say when his books alone are'nt enough?

Or turn his books to braille for the blind guys?

I think it's wrong of him to just market his concepts to 'normal' AFCs when it should be for guys from all walks of life. However, I think it's just an American-ized approach he uses and clearly, I don't think these would work effectively in foreign countries which are'nt keen to these kind of cultural C&F hit-ons...ie. Japan, the middle east, or some parts of Europe.

I can bet that if you used the DD methods too much in say, Egypt or such..you're asking to be killed.

So...be careful when adopting other guys' so-called methodical 'cures'. IF the guy claims you can get his product for free and you end up pay $10.00...watch out. It's supposed to be for free in the first place, eh? He's selling information and knowledge that's already out there.

Peace,

Don't comment on things you know nothing about. ok, dave's website looks like a marketing tool and it is - he's just trying to advertise and sell his book/materials (guy's gotta make a living)....however, despite it not being free, I think his advice is fairly good.

Besides, nobody can be expected to give away DVDs with HOURS of footage/dating material for free. be realistic.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok true, he hasn't really considered guys with hearing disabilities and the like....although I don't think that means he must be "stupid". sure, perhaps he hasn't thought about it or maybe there just isn't enough of a market to make those things (i.e converting his book to braille) economically viable.

from your original post you appeared to be saying that david D was a crafty salesman/con-artist who was simply trying to rip you off. I don't agree, and actually I'd say its a fairly good price for the material he's offering.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
David DeAngelo is good

"two thumbs up" - Ebert

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

" stop being insecure " i hate that saying. it's a cop out for not having enough balls to confront a woman about what she is doing THAT IS WRONG or potentially damaging to a long term relationship. – Lost In Translation

Quote: Pook
“Many girls merely upgrade their boyfriends and never become single “

The DJ Code :

1. his pleasure comes first
2. he will quickly dump a woman who gives him trouble
3. doesn’t suck up to women or put them on pedestals
4. doesn’t let women or people disrespect him.
5. Gets pissed off and isn’t afraid to show it
6. Aren’t afraid to hurt women emotionally.
7. Doesn’t care what others think about him and isn’t looking for approval.

eLMac

Banned
Reaction score
David DeAngelo?

He's got more game than everyone on this board combined.

Dayspring

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find DD just re-emphasizes over and over the basics of manhood: confidence. Those that aren't confident don't do jack and wish they were confident. ****y and funny are what girls are looking for to an extent: they want someone to challenge them, not diss them. By somewhat-subtly reaffirming the basics and labelling it as a method, guys with NO confidence are ACTING like they have confidence. When they get results, it results in a boost of real confidence. Basically he's making a wheel turn that every guy should be turning himself.

...Sorry for that weak analogy of a last sentence. :crackup:

Gman992

Reaction score
Personally, I think that these guys who "know" how to seduce women are just making us throw away all of our money....