Dating your best pal's ex?

Twerpedo

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum. maybe this has been discussed before but there are really tons of stuff here to sieve thru.

Well as the title suggested, i just recently met up with my best mate's ex gf. We kinda hit it off rather well with her asking for my number to do lunch tog since we found out we work in the same area. Then the chatting was engaging and lighthearted. She asked if i had a gf as well albeit rather casually so i said no. She herself has just gotten off a relationship recently. So after that night of drinks with her and my mate, she responded that she had a great time and organized a next drinking outing.

So that was yesterday, initially started out great but as the night wore on, she seems disinterested and slightly fidgetly. (not too sure im thinking too much here?) Anyways, whilst me mate was in the loo, she fessed up that she used to date my mate? (no idea why either)

Im not too sure how should i approach here on forth? any suggestions? Besides thou my mate claims he is now totally just a chum with her, im not to sure how to tread here?

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, ask your pal for permission before taking her out. If he's cool with it, just ASK HER OUT!
Stop analyzing what she does, and go for what YOU want :D

underoath777

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do it.

My best friend tried hooking me up with his ex. Guess what happened? It worked, and we started dating.

Even though he said he was cool with it, he was devastated when we started dating.

Then, I was a major AFC, so she broke up with me in like less than 2 months.

Since then, me and him have hung out, and I even introduced him to his new gf, but we've never been the same.

Def not worth it if he's your best mate!

shortie

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have been in this situation before. it can get pretty ugly pretty fast. I am no longer close friends with the guy since this happened.

if you really wanna pursue her then ask him first. but again, he may say yes cuz he is your friend and then hold a grudge because you went through with it.

V2Logger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Something like that happened to my dad. His friend ended up marrying his ex. Needless to say they stopped being friends. They just say high and bye at functions.

Weezy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It will kill the friendship, without a doubt.

SLY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where's the honor among men?

Just don't do it. You'll be regretting it once she breaks it off with you and then you'll be finding yourself with one less pal. Good friends are hard to come by. Don't put that pus$y on a pedestal.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on how good a friend he is. Do you see yourself hanging with him in 20 years? Or are you just beer buddies? Some friends you outgrow,so they lose importance.