Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Dating system", European style

anakin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TBR:
Hmm, I think that is the other way round. Generally people from the South are much more conservative (those Bavarians) than people from the North. That applies to girls too. Maybe it was just the kind of girls you met or because it is a big city, where people mostly are more progressive.
The original quote you used to reply to was from me. Poor ShiftKey, he's probably quite confused now, he's received advice that is the very opposite!

I find it intriguing that you think that people from the south are more conservative...I have been to Munich, Freiburg and Stuttgart (all in the south) ... and I found a world of difference between these people and the ones in the north for example. Not only that, but it is well established from people I know that people in the southern parts are more outgoing and easier to approach, meet and get to know, then those in the North. Of course, it depends on the people you meet, but I thought my observations were general ones.

Hmmm...

Anakin

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Northern women being more Conservative, Southern *much* less so.

Case in point: HB9 from the south I pulled one time, she wore a black leather studded collar, and had tongue, belly and nose piercings. I think they're definitely a sign of less conservatism :)

She was damn hot come to think about it, not the kind of girl you see over here every day!

Oscar.

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Oscar Wilde nice to see irish Dj's on these boards. I also agree things are alot different over here, ALOT!!

Blaaaaat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Netherlands

Originally posted by Atratus
Hoi Blaaat. 'Oe is 'ie?
Alles goed hier. :) Hehe, I can see your English is a lot better then mine...
I can relate with your post, it's just different here in the Netherlands. But the nice-guy/AFC theories sees to be correct. The DJ-attitude works, it's just a whole different "gameboard".

and BTW, the climate here does svck, but summer is comming ;)

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See my "Successful clubbing report" thread for more on Euro style.

I'm starting to think that it's easier to get a ONS than a girlfriend!

Oscar.

Atratus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Charm
Alaska and the UK are not that much different, except we pick our dates up on a polar bear that we ride, wheraas you have cars, and we have sex inside of Igloos, whereas you have houses, and of course we use the ivory tusk of a sea otter, whereas you use a dildo.
Lol. I thought i was stereotyping!

"It's the little differences, you know Jules? Like in Holland, when someone needs to use a dildo they just take off one of their ****in' clogs and, and then they ****in' drown it in mayonaisse before they stick it into one their ugly cows!"

Mr. Casanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
quite many dutch guys on this board. Alles goed jongens?

I don't believe that the DJ system is any different anywhere on this planet, only the way how to use it is different. As has been said before, I can't imagine someone approaching a girl on the street, this happens mostly in bars.
Concerning the date thing: the way I always get dates is 'let's do something fun together like blabla' instead of 'could we have a date' or something like that. I can't really imagine how that would go in the US of A.
As I said before, I think the places it is normal to approach differ between the two sides of the ocean. Approaching on a street is considered as strange, while approaching in a bar is very normal. I know many guys who got their girlfriend from friends and ex-classmates and stuff like that. How do you think about that?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Concerning the date thing: the way I always get dates is 'let's do something fun together like blabla' instead of 'could we have a date' or something like that. I can't really imagine how that would go in the US of A.
It's pretty much the same thing around here. I generally try to avoid the word "date" with the girl until I've been out with her a few times and we've already gotten physical or she's used the word "date" first. I always use euphimisms like "getting together" and "hanging out" because "date" has a connotation of being more serious, which goes against my game where I start more casual (weekdays instead of weekends, lunch instead of dinner, etc). My friends and most of the guys I've talked to do the same.

Update on the German girl: We were originally going to go out tonight (Tuesday), but she called to cancel. However she immediately counter offered for Thursday to see a movie, her treat :D and we're going to see Matrix:Reloaded. Normally I wouldn't do a movie date for a first date, but I really want to see this movie (and so does she) and she's paying. So why not, what the hell? hehe

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, here's a difference: a lot of the "get her number" tips recommend a quick "in - get number - out" strategy, not spending too much time talking to the girl.

I respectfully disagree that this is the best approach here in Europe. I think that girls expect you to be talking to them for quite a bit more that 4 or 5 minutes before you'd ask for their number. Like 15 or 20.

That's not to say you can't try it, just that I believe you'll strike out a bit more if you go for the number too early.

My 0.02 euro.

Oscar.

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is in no way a Diss to UK ppl...but what is the deal with some UK girls and their teeth? i Saw this UK version of temptation island and all of the girls had f*cked up teeth...so was that just a small minority or what?...and then theres rumors that British people dont brush and so forth..anyways..whats the deal with that and why would there be stereotypes?