dating asian gals u pay for it all

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Posted - 5/29/2005 4:42:53 PM to the guys here both white and asian or....etc who have dated asian gals -when u guys went out who pays. i am chinese and my mom says in the chinese culture if the guy and gal(dating) go out in the chinese or say asian culture it is the guy who should pay for everything and anything and this is not just on the first date but every date. how did u guys go about it. was there ever any fights or conflicts. what did u guys do on ur dates. any differ between dating asian gals and white gals -personality wise. i was even told the girl doesn;t even touch a dime b/c if the girl has to pay on a date- i am taking about paying for her own share-the meaning behind that is she isn't even worth it.
on wedding day the guy pays for the wedding costs as in western culture the bride family pays for it so cultural conflict arises.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man, the culture differences. Yeah, it's the sort of thing that depends on how much the girl is into her culture. Back in China, society would be different and the way you act would be different. It's different here in a America so you have choices. If you date a girl totally into her own culture with men paying everything, then yeah sure. If you're dating a girl who's okay with our culture, then she'll be okay with paying as well. It'll depend on the girl.

Conflicts arise when cultures don't agree with eachother. Your parents should understand that.

blackshoes

Reaction score
it all depends

dude just pay for it, but dont let it become a habbit. For the first coupl o' dates you pay. then gradually move on to breakin it 50 50. my friend had it easy, his girl was so nice that she would auto pay her half.

btw they really love each other. i dont know about you guys.

Reed247

Banned
Reaction score
im dating korean still,

a lot of the time she insist on paying for the date, she is FOB to...1 year from korea.

I usually push paying but she will try to pay. im white btw.

omizzi

Don Juan
Reaction score
u asked your mommy for manly advice? hahahaha dude u need a better source

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally don't like to follow cultural norms. Do what works, what brings the most pleasure, and what you feel is best for you. You don't necessarily have to be beta-ised by what your mother tells you, or what 'her asian culture' dictates. What is more important to you.. your personal view and feelings and the joy you want from your relationship, or what your mother tells you to do and what your girlfriends culture demands you do?

Culture is just a form of general social conditioning that permeates society... how we act or are used to acting because of what others do, and what others tell us to do.
It doesn't have to be adhered to and it does not have to define how you do things. I would think that if you can find ways to manipulate and get around a person's 'cultural conditioning' to get what you want, then you can do that. After all, if we all acted according to unspoken cultural rules, then nobody would ever cold approach a woman because it's socially unusual and culturally 'wrong'.

So she's culturally Asian. OK. That doesn't mean she decides how YOU behave.. and neither does your mom.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe thats how things are odne in china, even if your a from there, you are not there now so aslong as your are in canada do things how they are done in canada!

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, your mom lived in the 60s, so things were completely different back then.

I mean hell, if I grew up in the 17th century, I'd have slightly different dating habits.

Modern Chinese girls are a tad different from olden days girls. Do what's normal for them.