Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

dating and no car-, possible and do girls care

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
how important is it to girls when a guy in his mid 20's without a car and no access to a car .

how do u girls feel about it. would u bus to date a guy.

i think most cbc chinese gals won't -since they are soooooo used to the rich chinese guys with the nice cars- bmw, acuras and all soupe up. they drive em around in their nice cars and what not. (go to richmond,bc)

i can get a car, but nothing speical like around 3-5 k and i'm not realli into cars. i just don;t want one right now and its $$$-insurance , gas is so high. i bus like everywhere , since i go downtown(parking is more $$ and hard to find too), and bus is good enough , and metrotown-which is skytrain accessible. i never owned a car, don;t realli need one, but wonderin i think it hurts my chances with keepin a date and a girl -without having a car or even a decent ride.

i don't need a car right now. but what do you guys think of mid 20's guy cbc with no car.
some ppl have said ya the guy needs a car to date, and how would a guy date without a car, and other maily white ppl have said a car is just a superfical good and u can date without one.

waht do u guys think and advice with guy without a car. would a girl keep a guy-relationship wise -if he had no car.

i thinkin of goin back to school if i can;t find a decent job related to my field, and i have to save up. i think its more important than having a car.

sexxyback

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you should get a car. it is possible to date without one - but why make it so hard for yourself? just get a cheap one, you don't need a mercedes to date, just something that moves.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Date girls who wouldn't mind to be in a situation like that. I call them "city rats". Girls coming from tough backgrounds, who had a hard life an only rely on themselves. Also look into enviro-tree-huggers.

Btw, congrats joe45 ... You seem to have a more positive attitude now than a while back.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you live in downtown NY or Washington D.C., then I'm sure having a car there does not matter. As they have subways and metro systems and taxis.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, get yourself a car if you can... BUT...

...I'm sorry, any girl that won't date me just because I don't have a car is simply not worth my time.

What is WITH you guys? Are you so desperate for poon that you'll chase around girls that are that materialistic?

EDIT: I just saw you're from Vancouver. Great public-transit system there, man! If a girl can't bus to you (or you to them) or use a taxi, forget her.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For starters.. I wouldn't even bring this up until it became an issue..

You're responsible to get to her place, if you want to do things at/near there. She is responsible to get to your place. First dates, often it's good to meet some place, at a coffee shop, mall, etc. So, you're both getting yourselves there. For many dates, even with a car, often things are done near her/my place because.. that's the territory we know, our "stuff" is located there. So, I'm often not driving her anywhere then anyhow, or perhaps a short drive somewhere. You can rent a car from time to time, or perhaps work out things with a buddy where you borrow in exchange for gas or something. As long as the ride is clean, and in good working order, you're fine.

Eventually, not having a car can slow things down. I mean, if I want to drive to a nearby city for a date, not having a car would be an issue. However, we're talking after a few dates, where you both meet at some place, meet near her or your place, etc. She has seen who you are. Big romantic dates are not the thing to do for the first few dates anyhow. Take it from there.

Jay Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never owned a car.

Why should I when I have girls to drive me round?

JJ

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Live in a city with a good public transit system, like any civilized human being.

thesynergist

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think the only thing a dating is impossible without is a date.

if you care about not having a car, HB's will care about you not having a car.

if you're cool with not having a ride, HB's will be cool about it.

it's all a matter of how you view the situation, and how you portray it.

it'll only hold you back if you force it to.

BrokenPath

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have to say that a car is definately a HUGE help and hell, it even matters sometimes.

Then again, i'm from california.

Look long and look hard. You will find a good deal for a good looking car.

Cars are just important in general and are something that you pretty much need.

Don't feel so bad about it now, but it will be something that will hold you back.

The car itself doesn't matter. A very clean, well groomed emmaculate in and out car will look just as nice as an unappreciated luxury car.

See, a luxury car is already expected to be nice. It gets it's oohs and ahhs and it's expected to be kept clean.

With a normal or even ugly car that's kept VERY clean and washed you give a very good impression of who you are. That you have respect for yourself. Ultimately, this is what truly matters. I made a thread for people that worry about material issues tailored to people who worry these things. Check it out it's called icing on the cake.