Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating and being an only child

Have Blue

Reaction score
So, I'm an only child, and most people think I'm spoiled. It doesn't get any better with women. One date a girl just started chanting about how I got all the attention from my parents, got all the gifts and so on and so fort. For context, this girl started following me on IG out of the blue after making some very strong eye contact, and she got my IG only through a mutual friend (I couldn't approach her, I had an exam that day). End of the date, I think the date went very smoothly, I try to go for the goodnight kiss, and she literally puts her fingers in my mouth to stop me and says "We are clearly not understanding each other". I still went for a kiss on the cheek. After that, pretty much no contact, even though I tried to reach her quite a few times. Last date, getting very well with this girl, I unveil I'm an only child, go for the goodnight kiss, this time we made out, but then pretty much no contact again. I'm quite new here, but is being an only child seen that bad? Should I just lie about having a brother? What should I do? Because I can't do nothing about it, this stuff is clearly out of my reach and, worst, I still got nothing people say only children get while growing up.

Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m an only child and I damn sure wasn’t spoiled. In fact I never had cable tv growing up, never had a cell phone, always had to be in bed on a school night at 10, curfew on weekends at 11, had to pay half for my truck and my dad paid the other half, I was anything but spoiled. In fact some of the most spoiled people I’ve met are the youngest siblings of 3 or more children families.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I'm an only child, and most people think I'm spoiled. It doesn't get any better with women. One date a girl just started chanting about how I got all the attention from my parents, got all the gifts and so on and so fort. For context, this girl started following me on IG out of the blue after making some very strong eye contact, and she got my IG only through a mutual friend (I couldn't approach her, I had an exam that day). End of the date, I think the date went very smoothly, I try to go for the goodnight kiss, and she literally puts her fingers in my mouth to stop me and says "We are clearly not understanding each other". I still went for a kiss on the cheek. After that, pretty much no contact, even though I tried to reach her quite a few times. Last date, getting very well with this girl, I unveil I'm an only child, go for the goodnight kiss, this time we made out, but then pretty much no contact again. I'm quite new here, but is being an only child seen that bad? Should I just lie about having a brother? What should I do? Because I can't do nothing about it, this stuff is clearly out of my reach and, worst, I still got nothing people say only children get while growing up.
Do you think you act spoiled? What would make a person connect the fact that that you are an only child and act spoiled other than an assumption based on a stereotype?

The fact that you went for a kiss and she said what she did tells me you didn't read the vibe correctly and did it anyways. That fits with someone being spoiled.

What else did this girl say before the "clearly not understanding each other" came out? That tells me you did something else before she didn't like or you and her were on two totally different wave lengths.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm an only child too and this is irrelevant. If you are not having success this has absolutely zero to do with it.

Stop using this as a built in excuse for your own failures and start working on improving what is actually causing your problems...which is likely 100% within your control.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Going on a bit of a tangent here: I get that you have to escalate, build sexual tension, kino, flirt, all that stuff and whatnot. But going for a kiss on the lips at the end of the 1st date seems so cliche and predictable to me.

Maybe its just me. I wouldnt try it unless my gut is telling me she wants it bad. But then again, if my gut is telling me she wants it bad, Im not going to go for it until the end of the date, Im going in much sooner.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. Im with @The Duke and @BackInTheGame78 on this one.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your fact of being an only child means nothing in the context of this woman not being interested in you. However, you acting in a certain way may have definitely turned her off. Her mention of you being an only child as the reason for the way you were acting may have been tongue in cheek. Nothing more.

Regardless, you sound a bit thin skinned about this. Understand that people will always make assumptions and many times they are incorrect. Don't let this affect you like it is. Remember, when dealing with women (and in life in general really) you need to keep a IDGAF attitude.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What will you do when you are older and your parent's health starts to decline? I am still trying to figure that part out.

Have Blue

Reaction score
Do you think you act spoiled? What would make a person connect the fact that that you are an only child and act spoiled other than an assumption based on a stereotype?
I try my best to talk as little as possible, and make the woman do most of the talking herself.

The fact that you went for a kiss and she said what she did tells me you didn't read the vibe correctly and did it anyways. That fits with someone being spoiled.

What else did this girl say before the "clearly not understanding each other" came out? That tells me you did something else before she didn't like or you and her were on two totally different wave lengths.
I talked with this woman for 2 months because we live in different cities. On the date, she started the kino the very first minute we sat down. She was laughing and very talkative. We went to play pool and by the end of the date she was rubbing her tits on my arm, not joke (and this was after I told her I was an only child). We leave the bar, we go to her place, i grab her hand, go for the kiss, the ship sinks.

I think the date went quite well, and also she didn't block me or anything after that, so she definitely didn't feel "offended". Way worse dates, where I didn't disclosure being an only child, ended in a kiss and the women where receptive afterwards, though this one was definitely a 9.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The One Child Policy in China coined the term "Little Emperor Syndrome"

"Little Emperor Syndrome" refers to a behavioral pattern observed in some only children in China, particularly those born under the country's one-child policy. It is characterized by traits such as excessive self-centeredness, high levels of expectations, and a sense of entitlement. The syndrome is believed to arise from the combination of factors like being the sole focus of attention and resources within the family, lack of experience in sharing and cooperation with siblings, and societal influences.

Have Blue

Reaction score
Your fact of being an only child means nothing in the context of this woman not being interested in you. However, you acting in a certain way may have definitely turned her off. Her mention of you being an only child as the reason for the way you were acting may have been tongue in cheek. Nothing more.
I mean, she didn't say that I was an only child, she asked me about having brothers/sisters. But yeah, maybe I ****ed it up along the date.

Regardless, you sound a bit thin skinned about this. Understand that people will always make assumptions and many times they are incorrect. Don't let this affect you like it is. Remember, when dealing with women (and in life in general really) you need to keep a IDGAF attitude.
The problem arises when that instantly cuts 50% of your dating pool because of some stuff you clearly can't do **** about.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The One Child Policy in China coined the term "Little Emperor Syndrome"

"Little Emperor Syndrome" refers to a behavioral pattern observed in some only children in China, particularly those born under the country's one-child policy. It is characterized by traits such as excessive self-centeredness, high levels of expectations, and a sense of entitlement. The syndrome is believed to arise from the combination of factors like being the sole focus of attention and resources within the family, lack of experience in sharing and cooperation with siblings, and societal influences.
As far as children accepted into ivy league schools go, the only group of applicants that out-performs the eldest siblings - are only children.

Only child here.
Self-centered? Yes.
High expectations? Yes.
Entitlement? I don't think so? Hard to be objective on that one.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as children accepted into ivy league schools go, the only group of applicants that out-performs the eldest siblings - are only children.

Only child here.
Self-centered? Yes.
High expectations? Yes.
Entitlement? I don't think so? Hard to be objective on that one.
I would assume other factors apply to that other than being an only child.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are good seducers who have no siblings and there are good seducers who have siblings.