Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating a journalist, and her politics are...

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... totally unexpected. Closet right winger and hates that the field/university leans so much to the left. She feels like nobody wants to discuss anything and see no nuance in anything. Which is a bad sign since I almost guarantee she will be driven out of the profession and just leave the ideologues behind.

She's 22. This may give you some hope on the state of things.

We met in person in an organized activity around a hobby.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a woman to be single, 22, and right wing is improbable.

Single, 22, right wing, and in the journalism profession is even more improbable.

She likely won't last long in legacy media (TV, radio, legacy print). If she works for a website/YouTube channel, it depends.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, like that happened. I suppose afterwards you’ll go on your magic carpet off to neverland and battle Captain Hook.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First... women can change on a dime. If she falls for a communist don't be shocked if starts wearing a new hat.

Second... 99% of people that start off as journalists, abandon that profession. The one's with real potential leave because they learn that journalism now is just 'infotainment" not news reporting... this is true with the left and right. Two guys I went to HS with started off in journalism... One is very conservative, complains the media was too liberal. The other is VERY liberal, complained the owners of papers he worked for were too conservative. Both quit, one is a Baptist minister, the other is writing scientific papers at Ga Tech. The ones that become REAL journalists don't give a fvck about politics, they just report the news.... but alas most Americans don't want news... they want confirmation bias, and if you tell them something they don't want to hear you get tuned out.

Third.... if she's blond and pretty should could have a career at Fox.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... totally unexpected. Closet right winger and hates that the field/university leans so much to the left. She feels like nobody wants to discuss anything and see no nuance in anything. Which is a bad sign since I almost guarantee she will be driven out of the profession and just leave the ideologues behind.

She's 22. This may give you some hope on the state of things.

We met in person in an organized activity around a hobby.
Sounds like great gal with a actual brain. Keep her or be fool. :cool:

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t normally date women with strong political views because it would probably lead to arguments. Women with strong views in these areas are usually also stubborn and hard to deal with when they think you are wrong.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t normally date women with strong political views because it would probably lead to arguments. Women with strong views in these areas are usually also stubborn and hard to deal with when they think you are wrong.
It's not just for women any longer. I was a liberal for over thirty five years. When I changed my affiliation to Independent and openly admitted to voting for the 'orange man' ... I found out just how 'tolerant' and 'embracing diversity' my former liberal camp really was (which was very little to none).

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First... women can change on a dime. If she falls for a communist don't be shocked if starts wearing a new hat.
Yes!

Second... 99% of people that start off as journalists, abandon that profession. The one's with real potential leave because they learn that journalism now is just 'infotainment" not news reporting... this is true with the left and right. The ones that become REAL journalists don't give a fvck about politics, they just report the news.... but alas most Americans don't want news... they want confirmation bias, and if you tell them something they don't want to hear you get tuned out.
Majoring in journalism is silly for anyone who has started college since 2007. Legacy media started dying around then. Some mediums have fared worse than others.

Even online-only media outlets have had business models issues but are perceived as cooler.

TV cable news has an aging audience. The median ages of Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC viewers are all 60+ depending on the station. On the broadcast side, national newscasts like NBC Nightly News get a fraction of the audience they got 25 years ago and that fraction also has a median age of 60+. The local affiliate newscasts have also seen a ratings erosion and aging audiences.

Radio and print are doing poorly.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to work under those conditions.

Third.... if she's blond and pretty should could have a career at Fox.
Fox News and Fox Business only have so many openings. There are more attractive blonde newscasters than openings there.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I write for a living. Back when I was poking around deciding if I wanted it to be my trade, I got sucked into a bunch of online “writing coaches” and the like that were really just journalists. Took me a while to figure out that we were really composing for entirely different audiences. Not sure I’ve got the “infotainer” part all the way out of my style still today.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not talk about politics with women I date. I also rarely discuss them with my male friends. These sorts of discussions cause a lot of problems.