"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Dating 3 Women - Need Some Input

bootmeup

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
OK DJ's, Master DJ's, Forum Bretheren,

I want to get some feedback from the crew here:


SITUATION:
I am dating three women…

Women #1 (early 40’s, no kids, divorced, works, little baggage).
I am dating this lady since October. I see here once a week and I like her quite a bit. We have a very physical relationship. I have never made any promises of being exclusive, or ever used the "I love you" words. We always have a great time when ever we see each other. Last week she gave me a present of a sweater, a hand made scarf, and a CD, which I accepted. She is quite experience too in life and other things. But one of my friends has told me that even though I have gone out my way to not promise anything there maybe some unspoken things she might have in her mind.


Women #2 (mid 30’s, 2/12 son, divorced, works)
She is educated and sweet, works as a programmer. I have dated her for about 1 month, and we just got physical. I like her too. Fewer guys, married for 10 years, husbands back in China. She is Chinese but we have no problem communicating.


Women #3 (Mid 30’s, no kids, never married)
We have been on 2 dates, and we made out. She has been out of town for the holidays, but I just received an email that she’s been thinking about me, will be back later this week and wants to talk soon. She will probably want to see me again when she gets back.
This once could get physical quickly too.

Now on top of this there are two other ladies that I have seen a few times and seem to have chemistry with as well.



WHERE I AM AT NOW:
Well at some point I feel that I will want to be in an LTR and be married. I feel that I should date these women for at least 5 to 6 months before making any “commitment”, and that they should be the ones to request it and say the “I love you” thing first.

I have not seen any one these ladies more then once a week and I probably talk to them on the phone no more then once or twice a week. I may text them perhaps once or twice a week two too.

I don’t want anyone to get hurt, or lead anyone one. I really like all of the three main women, and I want to continue to date all of them.

Any other guys ever been in this type of situation, I appreciate any advice here.

I do not consider myself a player, and I care a lot about people. The last thing I want is to hurt someone, but I feel this process is needed to select the best choice. I have been burned in the past by instantly bounding with women who where not the best choices for me.

Thanks in advance for any input you guys – or ladies - may have.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
Dude, Only you can figure out what you want.

Personally - I'd drop the chick with kids - who wants a ready made family?

I'd also lose the chick thats in her 40's and divorced - If your thinking of eventual marrage, then I'd select a younger model with less mileage.

These kind of questions are very difficult to comment on.

You probably know what you want to do - why don't you tell us?
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
18
Location
http://pimphop.com
1. It's ok to date this many women. Don't beat yourself up.

2. Sometimes being a nice guy can land you extra women when you should just say no also. Becareful that your not dating them just to be nice.

3. So far you've played the game very well. You haven't led any of the women on or made fake claims of love or promises.

4. Don't be in a hurry to jump into a LTR. Many fools jump in to fast with the wrong one. Wait until you meet the one who will make sparks fly...you will know her when you meet!
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
What worked for me was to play it by ear and to let things progress naturally. I never inferred that I was considering a LTR and never made any of them feel that they were the only woman I was seeing.

I never told them that but they understood that I was not available for them 24x7. When they asked if I was dating someone else, I told them that I was seeing other people and left it at that.

There was a couple that couldn't handle that and we stopped seeing each other. No biggie, I wouldn't want to date someone who wasn't confident in themselves to be able to handle it. There isn't anything worse than women that have AFC characteristics.

Needless to say, the cream of the crop rose to the top and began to understand what I was doing and what I was looking for. They then took it upon themselves to pick up the pace to raise MY interest level. They did everything from giving me gifts, cooking, putting out, you name it. For all I knew they were doing the same for some other DJ, who knows, who cares.

After a few months or so of this, it was apparent that none of them were interesting enough to go into a one on one LTR. No big deal, we all were having fun. Low and behold my, current GF came out of nowhere and had it on the ball enough for me to break it off with the others. Ever watch the television show The Fifth Wheel?

In a nutshell, I felt alright with the experience since I never led anyone on and I ended up with what I wanted. Being a DJ has its privileges. :D
 

MacAvoy

Banned
Joined
May 10, 2003
Messages
2,940
Reaction score
35
Location
Northern Ontario
I agree. Don't beat yourself up because you aren't jumping into the society sanctioned monogamous relationship off the hop. It would be irresponsible of you to jump into a committed LTR when you don't know these women that well.

You are doing the correct thing by not leading them on. Like Francisco said, if they ask about other women, don't lie or avoid the subject, simply tell them that your seeing someone else and change the subject.

I do disagree w/ Newman though, I wouldn't drop a women just because of a general rule. I personally am not going to shut out an entire population of people just because they might have a kid or are over a certain age. To cut oneself off from finding that person - to immediately half your options by eliminating the possibility of finding that one person who doesn't have kids or is younger than a certain age, that just seems stupid.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
8
Location
Germany
Player Supreme is dead on... especially #4.

Listen to him!

Dietzcoi
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
If you're thinking LTR then TAKE YOUR TIME !!! Like that old knight in "The Last Crusade" said: "Choose wisely."

You've been seeing these women for less than 3 months and already you're choosing bands for the reception? SLOW DOWN! What's your rush? (Did one of them get YOU pregnant?:D J/K!!!)

DO NOT rush in to marriage. Make sure you're making the right choice. Over 50% of marriages fail because some starry eyed guy dates for 6 weeks, thinks he's found "The One" and marries her. Two years later he's on WWW.Nomarriage.com adding his horror story of the blood-thirsty wife screwing him out of his house, car and alimony for the rest of his life. Turns out he picked "The WRONG One". Unless you're 92 and on oxygen, you have time. Don't rush. You should date for at least a year before even THINKING about marriage.
 
Top