"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

date went well but then she doesn't contact?

Dave111

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Hi, I've been dating a girl for the past couple weeks, and the dates we've been on have went pretty well and ended on Thurs night with a kiss close, so going by that I presumed that she was interested and wanted to go out again with me.

As i'd organised the first three dates I wanted her to organise the next one this weekend, and told her to call me. She said as she was getting out the car, that she had a great night and couldn't wait to go out with me again!

so.....

The weekend comes and goes and I hear nothing from her, so I txt her this afternoon to see how she is and I get nothing back in reply.

I'm just really confused as to what I'm supposed to have done to turn her off (unless she's ran out of credit on her phone)

I've gotta admit, I am still a long way from the finished article with women, Im still learning, and they still confuse me completely at times.

Im probably still too inconsistent with women, there are times when I'm really confident and ****y with them and they lap it up, but I find it difficult to keep this up all the time and iminently they eventually lose interest in me.

I've no problem getting women, its the keeping them part that I'm still usless at and its a problem I want to address asap!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
66
Age
52
Location
Los Angeles
Originally posted by Dave111
Hi, I've been dating a girl for the past couple weeks, and the dates we've been on have went pretty well and ended on Thurs night with a kiss close, so going by that I presumed that she was interested and wanted to go out again with me.

As i'd organised the first three dates I wanted her to organise the next one this weekend, and told her to call me. She said as she was getting out the car, that she had a great night and couldn't wait to go out with me again!


You need to be on top of the situation early on, and not relinquish your role as a leader. Organizing the "first three dates" was good, but letting her take charge that early was not. If she is that much into you, you keep doing what is working so far. You want to be the guy who always is in control and has a plan. She needs to be aware that you are in charge and on top of things. Then, and only then do you surprise her by letting her plan things. You are the man, you need to be the one who moves things all a long.


Originally posted by Dave111

so.....

The weekend comes and goes and I hear nothing from her, so I txt her this afternoon to see how she is and I get nothing back in reply.

If you relied strictly on women to carry on with your plans, you'll never get anywhere. Again, at this early stage, you need to take charge, and make the call, not a text message, and let her know what the plan is. Do not ask her if she still wants to go, where she wants to go. Only thing you can ask is, "How much time do you need to get ready?". You call her to tell her what time to expect you, etc. Needs to be done very assumptive. That way if she had any thoughts of flaking, she needs to do the work. Don't make things easy on her. Guys a lot of times make it very easy for the girl to flake, then come here wondering why she flakes.

If she doesn't answer her phone, leave a message saying you are on your way, etc. assume you're going on with the plan. Believe me, she will check her message after you hang up. Don't worry if she doesn't call back. By leaving the right message, you have set it up so you can bust her ballz and call her on her $hit when you finally talk to her. You gotta do things several steps ahead. When you talk to her again, that is when you probably have the best chance to progress, so don't freak when you find yourself there, it is a good thing that should never be avoided but embraced.

This is a big moment in the relationship/friendship/seduction. She's right in my territory. Better than letting her flake and pretend everything is perfectly fine because you are such an AFC that will tolerate anything just for her company. This is the stage where I want to have women, because I know that if I did all the right things, while they think I'll act like a chump, I know that they are closer to being broken down. The are about to get busted on and expected to make it up to me. That is a very good situation to have them in.

I know this sounds like way too much work, but it beats the other option of staying home frustrated and wondering why girls always do this to you. You need to learn how to decode women and make them predictable.

Originally posted by Dave111

I'm just really confused as to what I'm supposed to have done to turn her off (unless she's ran out of credit on her phone)

I've gotta admit, I am still a long way from the finished article with women, Im still learning, and they still confuse me completely at times.

Don't worry about what you did, which was probably nothing. She is just doing what chicks do. She did not run out of credit, she did remember that you asked her out for the weekend. It is a form of testing, they always do it, specifically to confuse you and see how you'll handle it. So you need to know how to handle these types of situations, which will always come up, before you get consistent results.

Originally posted by Dave111
Im probably still too inconsistent with women, there are times when I'm really confident and ****y with them and they lap it up, but I find it difficult to keep this up all the time and iminently they eventually lose interest in me.



I've no problem getting women, its the keeping them part that I'm still usless at and its a problem I want to address asap!
Being really confident and ****y is not something you do, it is something you are. Not just sometimes. You need to revamp your whole game, not just rely on the basic "Outer Game" skills. You can adress it asap, and get started asap,but it will take discipline, time and effort to get it handled. Once you pay your dues, it will be very fun, because then they are the ones acting like a frustrated chump because you got your game tight and they can't figure you out. Definitely beats the other options.
 

true|hockey

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
I am/was in a similar situation, but am still confused. If you make plans, and said plans are flaked out so she could hang with others, does one even bother with trying to be persistant on getting her to go out? I was trying to set things up, but decided for my own sake to stop about a week ago.

My question is, when should one continue to "try" and set things up, and when should one just move on.
 

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
I you also have to understand that early on when you are dating a chick, especially a hot chick, it is likely that she is dating other guys as well, testing the waters to see who she eventually chooses if she wants a LTR.

Hence, during the "testing phase", chicks are prone to flaking because she will not be available on your schedule as she is seeing other guys.

The best thing to do is not to not freak out and let things take their natural course. In other words, don't revert to an AFC and start calling her every other hour in desperation. If you called and left a message, she already knows it is you. When your time comes, i,e when she decides to see you again, she will contact you. Never leave more than one message as it makes you look desperate unless you have reason to believe that she never received it.

Your patience and emotional detachment will seperate you from the other guys she is seeing and you will come out on top in the end and be chosen by her.
 

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
I you also have to understand that early on when you are dating a chick, especially a hot chick, it is likely that she is dating other guys as well, testing the waters to see who she eventually chooses if she wants a LTR.

Hence, during the "testing phase", chicks are prone to flaking because she will not be available on your schedule as she is seeing other guys or busy wuth other matters. Unless her interest level is sky high, which is very rare in the beginning, girls will not give you priority in their lives. Therefore, don't expect her to answer all your calls or be available when you want to see or talk to her.

The best thing to do is not to not freak out and let things take their natural course. In other words, don't revert to an AFC and start calling her every other hour in desperation. If you called and left a message, she already knows it is you. When your time comes, i,e when she decides to see you again, she will contact you. Never leave more than one message as it makes you look desperate unless you have reason to believe that she never received it.

Your patience and emotional detachment will seperate you from the other guys she is seeing and you will come out on top in the end and be chosen by her.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
4,413
Reaction score
296
Location
UK
I've no problem getting women, its the keeping them part that I'm still usless at and its a problem I want to address asap!
I always had the same problem and the answer is simply this: stop trying to "keep" them.

Most women hate to feel stifled, pressured or restricted and this was my biggest mistake.

Instead you treat them not as girlfriends, but rather as someone you get together with once in a while. Keep things casual, never build expectations and treat each date as a one off. If you start out this way, her feelings will develop and the relationship (if that's what you want) will fall into place naturally.

One of my closest friends was having sex with his "friend" for about 3 months before they accepted they were an item and now they're engaged and living together.
 

true|hockey

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
I have taken initiative to set things up, but the replies on weather or not we should do said things ( diner etc) were just yes's. I smell flake potential here, but at least I tried :confused: :(
 
Top