Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dandruff Problem

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have this really bad problem with dandruff and I dont know what to do about it. Right now, I'm using T-SAL shampoo to take care of the problem, but within 4-7 days, the problem recurrs. Any of you guy out here experienced with this type of problem, and if so, what did you do about it??

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i get bad dandruff every winter, itchy and flaky as hell. the only thing thats worked for me is "Selsun Blue (Medicated)" shampoo. been using it for the past 2 months, havent seen any flakes for 1.5.
different active ingredients work for different people though.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get dandruff whenever I stop using an anti-dandruff shampoo. I think you just need to find one that works and is cheap enough to use regularly. I use Head & Shoulders and don't have a problem as long as I'm using it.

But gel and other hair products can cause dandruff and an unhealthy scalp too, so watch what you are using.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Levex, I think I'll try Selsin Blue and see if that works for me as well. I've also heard that you can develop a tolorance to a shampoo and changing shampoos will solve the problem. Is that true??

floorman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
The changing of the shampoo can lead to a stop in dandruff, if it is only light dandruff. The lady that cuts my hair started noting I was getting light flaking, so I changed, still didn't help. I then tried using Selsen Blue w/ Aloe once a week and I have no problems now.

So I would try chanigng shampoos only if you have really light flaking.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by floorman81
The changing of the shampoo can lead to a stop in dandruff, if it is only light dandruff. The lady that cuts my hair started noting I was getting light flaking, so I changed, still didn't help. I then tried using Selsen Blue w/ Aloe once a week and I have no problems now.

So I would try chanigng shampoos only if you have really light flaking.
Well there's no light flaking here, it's a fvcking snowstorm!!!

It sounds like Selsen Blue works really good. I'll give that one a try.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This may sound weird but trust me it works.

Get a package of dried thyme. (The spice)

Boil the thyme (4 heaping table spoons) in a pot of water (about 2-3 cups) for 10-15 mins. Strain the mixture thru a fine sieve or cheese cloth. Throw the thyme away but keep the water.

Let the water cool off enough that you can put your finger in there and not burn it.

Pour the mixture over clean damp hair and massage into your scalp. Do not rinse. Repeat if necessary.

Works very well.

Pacstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
You probably won't believe this, but it's worked for me. Buy some Listerine. The green or blue kind, not one of the nice flavored ones. In the shower, put a capful into your hair, rub it around on your scalp, and let it sit for about 30 seconds (your scalp will probably tingle while you let it sit). Then, shampoo and condition like normal. DANDRUF GOES AWAY IMMEDIATELY. It sounds stupid, but it really, really works, and it's a lot easier than doing the thing with thyme.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really. Listerine?
Minty fresh scalp?

If i try this and it doesn't work I'm going to feel violated...

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pat your head and rub your stomach while eating a worm, it works i swear ;)