Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Dancing

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2012
Messages
403
Reaction score
221
Age
38
Location
USA
I don't know how I look when I dance but I know I don't dance like some of my friends who look natural on the dance floor. Is it worth spending time practicing in front of a mirror? How has dancing impacted your ability to attract women at a club or helped keep a girl interested once dating?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 20, 2014
Messages
2,327
Reaction score
1,419
There's a stupid game that I used to play with my mates at uni when we were out drinking / clubbing. We basically mimed activities of daily living and had to guess what each other was doing. Things like screwing in a light bulb, casting a fishing line, mowing the lawn, the old wax on-wax off. Anything really. Some of them actually became legitimate go-to dance moves that we still use today. As long as you move to the beat and have fun with it and smile, you can't really go wrong. Where you can go wrong is taking it too seriously and try to be a professional dancer; you're not a professional dancer, nor are you auditioning for the national ballet You're in a club having a laugh. As they say, dance like no one's watching.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Understood. Nobody is suggesting trying to fake being a professional dancer. A real professional dancer has years of experience and proper training from a very young age.

It’s more about overcoming any anxiety or self-consciousness and developing your own style that looks decent. At best, you get some compliments on your dancing. At worst, people are neutral about it. But you won’t look “bad.”

On the other extreme, I’ve seen guys go over the top trying to be funny (dancing monkey) by (for example) pretending to be humping the floor. Obviously that’s ridiculous too. You’ll get some laughs, but unlikely you’ll pull doing that lol.

Overall, looks issues aside, I would say verbal game is #1. Dancing skill/confidence is a useful #2 item for your toolbox for bars/clubs/parties.
 
Last edited:

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 20, 2014
Messages
2,327
Reaction score
1,419
Nothing wrong with big fish, little fish, cardboard box. Think the most important things are rhythm and avoiding the awkward two-step.

Fck it, I'm going to the club tonight.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

marvinlfloresq

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2018
Messages
194
Reaction score
74
Age
46
I don't know how I look when I dance but I know I don't dance like some of my friends who look natural on the dance floor. Is it worth spending time practicing in front of a mirror? How has dancing impacted your ability to attract women at a club or helped keep a girl interested once dating?
Well, IMO I think its important you learn some salsa, and other stuff. All my life I got by just by standing at the bar alone or with friends and got the woman, but as it turns out with a new set of friends, they all dance, and I had to learn the basics. It has helped my confidence and it makes you prepared. I stand by the mirror and practice when I can, or go to some free lessons. Thrust me, women love men that can dance. They think If you are comfortable with a stranger on hip to hip, then sex should not scare you. You can also pick up women in dancing lessons, its just a few weeks or months man, go have fun and learn.
 
Top