Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dancing

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how I look when I dance but I know I don't dance like some of my friends who look natural on the dance floor. Is it worth spending time practicing in front of a mirror? How has dancing impacted your ability to attract women at a club or helped keep a girl interested once dating?

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a stupid game that I used to play with my mates at uni when we were out drinking / clubbing. We basically mimed activities of daily living and had to guess what each other was doing. Things like screwing in a light bulb, casting a fishing line, mowing the lawn, the old wax on-wax off. Anything really. Some of them actually became legitimate go-to dance moves that we still use today. As long as you move to the beat and have fun with it and smile, you can't really go wrong. Where you can go wrong is taking it too seriously and try to be a professional dancer; you're not a professional dancer, nor are you auditioning for the national ballet You're in a club having a laugh. As they say, dance like no one's watching.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Understood. Nobody is suggesting trying to fake being a professional dancer. A real professional dancer has years of experience and proper training from a very young age.

It’s more about overcoming any anxiety or self-consciousness and developing your own style that looks decent. At best, you get some compliments on your dancing. At worst, people are neutral about it. But you won’t look “bad.”

On the other extreme, I’ve seen guys go over the top trying to be funny (dancing monkey) by (for example) pretending to be humping the floor. Obviously that’s ridiculous too. You’ll get some laughs, but unlikely you’ll pull doing that lol.

Overall, looks issues aside, I would say verbal game is #1. Dancing skill/confidence is a useful #2 item for your toolbox for bars/clubs/parties.

Last edited:

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with big fish, little fish, cardboard box. Think the most important things are rhythm and avoiding the awkward two-step.

Fck it, I'm going to the club tonight.

marvinlfloresq

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how I look when I dance but I know I don't dance like some of my friends who look natural on the dance floor. Is it worth spending time practicing in front of a mirror? How has dancing impacted your ability to attract women at a club or helped keep a girl interested once dating?
Well, IMO I think its important you learn some salsa, and other stuff. All my life I got by just by standing at the bar alone or with friends and got the woman, but as it turns out with a new set of friends, they all dance, and I had to learn the basics. It has helped my confidence and it makes you prepared. I stand by the mirror and practice when I can, or go to some free lessons. Thrust me, women love men that can dance. They think If you are comfortable with a stranger on hip to hip, then sex should not scare you. You can also pick up women in dancing lessons, its just a few weeks or months man, go have fun and learn.