Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dance Lessons

FuriousSam

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started taking dance lessons and I love it. Definitely helps feeling more comfortable and boosting confidence. One question I do have though, anyone can give me a general idea on how much lessons should cost? I understand there's going to be tons of different responses but I just want to have an idea if I am going to break the bank at the rate I am going, lol.

Thanks in advance.

-- Sam

Edit: Holy cow! What happened to my post count? I haven't posted since I joined, but I thought it was more than none...

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like this but in a lot of cases it seems you need to come as partners to learn partner dancing.

FuriousSam

Reaction score
I got my answer on a "Dance Forum". In most cases, you do not need a partner for the partner dances. The studios offers private lessons (you and instructor), group dances (multiple partners with one instructor), and dance parties (people of all skills).

The thing with schools is that they will most likely teach you the classics: Ballroom, Salsa, Swing, Tango. I live in the east coast, so I am not sure if they offer Western. And the instructor did show me various moves from the classical dances while playing Mr. Saxobeat.

I have no desire to dance like Usher or be in Dancing with the Stars, so I am not seeing value in the classics like Rumba, Foxtrot, etc... Salsa, Tango, ChaCha are definitely on the list though. But I am not sure how to infuse those in a Hip Hop club scene, lol.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FuriousSam said:
I got my answer on a "Dance Forum". In most cases, you do not need a partner for the partner dances. The studios offers private lessons (you and instructor), group dances (multiple partners with one instructor), and dance parties (people of all skills).

The thing with schools is that they will most likely teach you the classics: Ballroom, Salsa, Swing, Tango. I live in the east coast, so I am not sure if they offer Western. And the instructor did show me various moves from the classical dances while playing Mr. Saxobeat.

I have no desire to dance like Usher or be in Dancing with the Stars, so I am not seeing value in the classics like Rumba, Foxtrot, etc... Salsa, Tango, ChaCha are definitely on the list though. But I am not sure how to infuse those in a Hip Hop club scene, lol.
I think on my college campus they had a group and it cost around $120 for a semester (4 months) and they allowed people from outside the campus to come in.

I learned most of my dancing from highschool gym class and I have to say I do not regret taking Ballroom Dance gym.

You really can't infuse a lot of Ballroom dance into the hip hop scene but dances like Waltz and Tango are easily done without music. I think my first gf in college I got was when I randomly danced waltz with her outside. And my last gf in highschool always wanted dance lessons from me before we started dating.

Girls for some reason love dancing whether its grinding on your dvck or any sort of classical dance !

FuriousSam

Reaction score
Thanks ArcBound, I will drop by the local college and see what they have.

I found a local Salsa studio with good group rates ($15 - 90 minutes). So I can scratch Salsa off my ballroom studio dance list. Privates are good to get my feet wet, but it's costing way too much and I just don't see the benefit unless I want to dance like Usher or compete in Dancing with the Stars.

FuriousSam

Reaction score
Thanks ArcBound, I will go check out my local college and see what I can come up with. I called a local Salsa studio and they have group classes that are way cheaper than the dance school I signed with, so we'll see where that goes.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any sort of ballroom dancing studio will always be way too expensive. I would recommend finding some good local teachers and taking some Salsa, Swing, or Argentine Tango lessons. These dances also have their own scenes that you can always be part of. Typically they are $10-20 a lesson. Meetup.com might be a good place to find them, but if you google and search around there may be other ways depending on your city.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would recommend Salsa. I started taking lessons a couple months back and I love it! I wish I had done this years ago I'd be a pro right now. I regard taking salsa lessons as one of my best decision it truly enriches people's lives. If you are reading this and thinking about it don't hesitate and just do it! You won't regret it.

The reasons I recommend salsa are

1. One of the world's most popular dance forms: No matter where you go in the world you can find salsa clubs and find places to dance/meet people and make new friends.

2. A decent looking guy that can dance salsa well can walk off with a woman every weekend: It's the reason why PUA's recommend salsa so much. There's so much kino in salsa and so much man leading female that the kino overpowers a lot of women. I already had to be careful in not getting involved with a girl in my own class that was onto me! (im serious about learning i don't want any drama at the moment so trying to stay away :D )

3. Salsa is a massive DHV: Tell any girl you are pursuing that you dance salsa and you are guaranteed to win points from her. Women love a guy that can dance specially a sensual dance like salsa. You will end up teaching them and you will get tons of kino in doing this.

4. Salsa is super fun: There's a reason people are usually smiling when they dance salsa because the dance itself is really fun. I mean do you really want to be doing ballroom when you could go out on a saturday night and have a blast at a salsa club?

5. Women in salsa clubs are hot: You got a lot of milfs which you don't find in regular clubs as well as younger gals.

6. You can take your salsa moves to the regular clubs and show off: With just a few of the basic salsa moves you will be a better dancer than 98% of the guys at the club that can only grind on a girl. Spin a girl at a regular club they will freaking love it, do some spins yourself, a across body lead etc, and people will be amazed at your dance skills even though these moves are basic and common at a salsa club. Women get spun around at salsa clubs like crazy but a girl at a regular club that is only used to guys trying to drind on her a$$ will think you're some kind of king :D

7. You can show off at the club with another girl that dances salsa: Invite some of the girls from your class to go to a regular dance club and dance salsa there. Never mind that you might be dancing salsa to hip hop or rock music. You're doing this so you can show off to all the other girls (and cute waitresses/bartenders at the club there). Next time you go back to that club they will all know you can dance. It will give you massive points.

Classes are usually $10. You can find meetup.com groups where you can take packages of like 4 week lessons etc. I would also recommend to find a studio with latin instructors to make sure that you learn to dance with flavor and not like a robot.

FuriousSam

Reaction score
Thanks f283000! I agree that Salsa is super fun and I am loving it.

Thanks to the holidays, I was getting private lessons (being the only one there) for group class rates!!! As for the formal dances, I have found another place (thanks to the dance forum) that is cheaper and better than the one I am going. I will use that as a supplement to add to my dance skills.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks to the holidays, I was getting private lessons (being the only one there) for group class rates!!! As for the formal dances, I have found another place (thanks to the dance forum) that is cheaper and better than the one I am going. I will use that as a supplement to add to my dance skills.
I thought about doing that as well. Unfortunately the dance studio i go to doesn't host social dances however you can go to meetup.com and find salsa groups that host social dances or go to the social dances of other dance studios. You don't actually have to be a student of those studios or meetup groups to go to their social dances. You can just go there to practice your dancing with other students of salsa.

And that's another key point I missed if you are looking for a dance studio try to find one that hosts their own social dances this is key. For me unfortunately there was only 1 dance studio that did salsa in my area so I had no choice unless I wanted to drive an hour each time 3 times a week for lessons to another dance studio that hosted social dances.

Social dances are cheap usually $5 or so and it's a good way to practice if you don't feel ready for the social dance scene at clubs yet.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not much of a Health and Fitness topic. Onwards to Anything Else!