"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Damnit guys here's my problem

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
I have a feeling I'm not the only one out here that is at this point

1) First I was an AFC with no women
2) Then I changed my attitudes and behaviors, now getting dates, laid, etc wasn't quite as hard. In fact getting, numbers, dates and first night lays has been frequent enough that I feel I am doing ok on that step.
3) Now I have dated quite a few women but all the relationships tend to fall apart. At the end of each one I feel kind of pissed off or upset at what happened. After the sting of each failure, I feel all the other failures before it. I did just get out of a 3 year LTR, but some other ones fail after a few months as well.

It is frustrating. I want to meet a higher quality of woman. Yes they are good looking, but many of them have problems.

I am frankly tired of meeting women with baggage, women who don't put forth an effort, women who are needy, women who aren't what I want. Women who are selfish, women who are not as intelligent or motivated as me, women who are users.

If I could find one girl that was halfway decent I would settle down with her. I am sick of this.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
Those women you listed that you were tired of, you start off by filtering those women out. You will succeed.

I have a friend who used to go after 8s9s, then he had to deal with their high maintenance makeup, using him for money/rides. Then he just started filtering them all out and going with what he was "most comfortable" with.

All those women you listed you cannot handle them, maybe because they can only have relationships with equally messed up men or jerks in general?
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
You are fricking right. They are just not worth the headaches.

I dated a drama queen/princess for 3 years. I don't need it anymore.
 

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
475
Reaction score
1
Location
In your head
That's the dating game isn't it?

Set your standards up a little higher and make sure you get what you deserve in your women before commiting.

What happened with your 3yr LTR? Where there any redflags?

As expected her IL in you dictates her actions towards you (this applies to normal women), can you identify when things started to fall in the sh1tter? Did she transform into a drama queen over time?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

saki

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
190
Reaction score
1
Location
kali
damn man, stop complaining and just enjoy getting the poon! thats all women are really good for anyway
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Stop trying to find the girl of your dreams in bars and clubs.

I'd say out of every 1000 girls you see in a bar or club, maybe 100 are actually dateable. And then maybe 20 of them are girls you would enjoy any kind of long-termer with.

Not that they don't go out to those kinds of places, because they do, but you're rather unlikely to "stumble across" one out there with all the trampy little party-girls running around.

There's this social stigma out there that "club-hopping is the PLACE TO BE" for people of our generation. The catch is that the weaker-minded you are, the more you buy into that media hype. So you're going to have a struggle of finding a good, individual-minded woman in a place like that.

Here's to the good life, or so they say
All those party and games that all those people play
They tell me that this is the place to be
All those beautiful people and nothing to see


At the same time, if you're looking for a quick-lay or a short-term casual sex-buddy, you can't really BEAT that atmosphere. But you're not going to find a quality girl in a standard dating forum that relies on intoxication as a means to connect people.
 

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
Location
EVERYWHERE!!
I feel the same brother, this relationship thing really sucks.

And the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that living a kind of loner, self respected, living my own dreams and happy, is the best thing a man can do.

Some day a good woman will come and we will build a family and etc.. but the more important is for me to be happy.

So dont worry, waste some energy with those girls, have some fun... but go fishing the weekends.
 

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
8,256
Reaction score
236
Age
49
Location
at our house
Originally posted by squirrels
Stop trying to find the girl of your dreams in bars and clubs.

I'd say out of every 1000 girls you see in a bar or club, maybe 100 are actually dateable. And then maybe 20 of them are girls you would enjoy any kind of long-termer with.

Not that they don't go out to those kinds of places, because they do, but you're rather unlikely to "stumble across" one out there with all the trampy little party-girls running around.

There's this social stigma out there that "club-hopping is the PLACE TO BE" for people of our generation. The catch is that the weaker-minded you are, the more you buy into that media hype. So you're going to have a struggle of finding a good, individual-minded woman in a place like that.

Here's to the good life, or so they say
All those party and games that all those people play
They tell me that this is the place to be
All those beautiful people and nothing to see


At the same time, if you're looking for a quick-lay or a short-term casual sex-buddy, you can't really BEAT that atmosphere. But you're not going to find a quality girl in a standard dating forum that relies on intoxication as a means to connect people.

i agree with squirrels on this one ricky:p
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
324
Reaction score
1
Location
SOL III/Terra
Guys,

Being in an LTR necessarily means that the girl's baggage, problems and hang-ups become yours as well as vice versa.

If in the qualifying stages you've decided that you not only can handle your problems but the girl's as well then things are golden.

If at a later stage something hits you from the girl's side out of the blue that a major point of contention then you've got to decide to work it out or eject.

If you knew what shortcomings the girl had before you entered into a LTR with her then complaining about it afterward is of no use because IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT THAT YOU'RE WOUND UP.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
Guys the girl that's bringing me down is my friends wife sister. So I didn't meet her at a bar. I had a good feeling about her to start.

Last weekend, she unloaded some major baggage, I freaked on the inside but played it cool with her, she asked me to open up more with her and I got defensive and now we are where we are.

We had a date this weekend, she cancelled but tried to move it to another day that I couldn't make.

Now with next week being Thanksgiving, we are both uncertain if or when we can go out.

You know how it is, things lose momentum quickly when you just start dating. I am not sure what's she;s thinking but it's not looking good.

I honestly want to go out with her again even after hearing all her baggage and freaking out. She says she wants to get to know me better too. We will see.

My aneurysm and rant about women was really just frustration.

In the end no matter what happens with a particular girl, I always want to feel like I am the one choosing, I am the one with the upper hand. I always want to feel like I'm winning.
 

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by dereklearnslow
Are these the rules for women?

http://www.topdatingtips.com/dating-rules-for-women.htm

They seem to contradict everything taught here...

No wonder men and women are so fcked up. We play these stupid games with each other. I weep.
**** those stupid games. Any chick who does this to me will not hear from me.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Seems to me the DJ approach can sometimes store up trouble for you.

Say your not Mr Perfect, your not completely in control of all your behaviours and emotions, you not rich and your sh1t stinks just like hers.

Wouldn't it be nice when the going gets tough that you could let your guard down, admit you can't handle all her problems as well, and for a LTR sometimes you're going to have to emotionally lean on her every now and then.

Or does that make you a Pvssy?
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
Yeah Alpine it would be nice to find a girl to be honest with.

It seems like you really can't be truthful to them until you date them for a while though.

But I just got **** for not being serious enough after only 4 dates.

Crazy stuff.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top