Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Daily Journal for Cold Approaches

Andress

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love says that it is though to pick up strangers ... that it is real though ... i have a great respect for Doc Love cause he thought me a lot of things but on this issue I disagree a lot
in my opinion there ARE HUGE amount of women you'll never get to know unless you approach them wherever you and they are and in life you regret about the things YOU DO NOT DO

what can you say about that?

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NoMoreMisterNiceGuy
anyway? ...dump her till i find someone new and better?
First off, great name!

Asking this question means your needs aren't being satisified in your current relationship. Here's a few questions for you to think about:

1) What makes you happy? LTR? STR? ONS?
2) What girl(s) do you want(smart, funny, model-gorgeous, etc)?

I believe the answer to your question above lies inside these questions.

JW

Reaction score
Originally posted by jwhite17
NoMoreMisterNiceGuy

First off, great name!

Asking this question means your needs aren't being satisified in your current relationship. Here's a few questions for you to think about:

1) What makes you happy? LTR? STR? ONS?
2) What girl(s) do you want(smart, funny, model-gorgeous, etc)?

I believe the answer to your question above lies inside these questions.

JW

that's what I don't have quite clear ... 1)

what do you suggest me to do ?

how do I clear myself up ?

I would like to move to europe by the time I end my career ... and that is in about a year .... so I already have in mind to not be permanently in this country....

any comment will be welcomed

Someone New

Reaction score
I have to say, I admire jwhite's unwillingness to settle for less than he knows he can get/deserves. I think far too many on this thread have criticized this about him. From a DJ's point of view (and I'm sure from the POV of the girls he's approaching), jwhite has the right idea.
Basically...it all depends on your own level of self-esteem. If you really think you're only good enough to get quick fvcks with girls who would cheat on their current boyfriends and later cheat on you, why not go for every prospect, single or not? But if you think you deserve better, follow jwhite's example, and be choosy. In the long run, it turns out better, believe me...

As far as whether or not you have to establish rapport prior to getting a number/name-- the answer is NO. You can do it either way. In the case of a cold approach with no rapport, it is possible for you to, as jwhite puts it, make the girl's day. With you simply asking for her name and number with very little fluff, she doesn't have time to get over the initial flattery of being approached. (This is flattering-- believe it!) However, establishing rapport provides a greater chance that the number will actually lead to something further. In terms of success in numbers, it can be done both ways. But if you are looking for a LTR or even a STR, rapport (if you have time) is the better way to go...if you don't have time, don't use this as an excuse to back off! Something may still come of it..which is actually the point of the cold approach, the three magic words: YOU NEVER KNOW. And it definitely can't hurt.

But jwhite's absolutely correct. Do it when you're young, kids.

Reaction score
on the bus and people around ...

I have the confidence and the balls to do the same as you do ... but I have a question for you

What do you say to yourself when you see a hot chick sitting on the bus and the bus is full of people+and she's got another person sitting beside her

The only thing I did TODAY was to stand next to her and wait till the seat got empty. Sad to say it didn't happen.... I got off wondering what to say to not lose opportunities like that again (there were actually two different cute girls and with none of both happened what I was expecting... I know I have to start approaching women on the bus full of people, not giving a crap about the people, and doing this while I am STANDING and she on the seat.... BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW... please help!! ... Hopefully I don't lose another girl tomorrow) .... I do not know if and or how to talk to a astranger in a situation like that ....

I used to approach women when they got off the bus BUT that looks like a stalker ....

HELP PLEASE....

Reaction score

what i mean by balls is that I do approach women cold .... but I cannot get to approach women on the bus full of people .... I do it when I'm on the subway or on the street or the mall or the supermarket.... BUSES are the most where I see women and DO NOT KNOW wtf to do about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nomoremisterniceguy,
you have to learn to talk to EVERYONE and not just the hot chicks as if they are the only ones who should get your attention. Your fear on the bus is probably because you are afraid of performing and being possibly rejected by a hot woman in front of an audience. Well, you've got two mental blocks going. One is the hot woman on the pedestal and the second one is the audience.

Soften up your perception of the audience by talking to anyone and everyone on the bus. You'll see that just talking to strangers with other people listening isn't that bad. The pressure of rejection won't be there as much so it will be easier to talk to these strangers. They'll become real people instead of this mass of sullen faces waiting to judge you.

When this becomes natural or at least easier for you, then your confidence, outgoing personality, and hopefully, sense of humor, will naturally attract hotties' attention. In fact, you can play with this and talk to everyone around the girl before talking to her, so that she wonders why you aren't paying her attention.

I can really identify with you as I used to feel the same way and still fight it at times. I've found that talking to everyone and trying to be more sociable in general has really helped me out....as is preached time and time again on this site. None of these things are my original ideas but I can tell you from personal experience that they work!

Reaction score
Originally posted by AlwaysExcel
Nomoremisterniceguy,
you have to learn to talk to EVERYONE and not just the hot chicks as if they are the only ones who should get your attention. Your fear on the bus is probably because you are afraid of performing and being possibly rejected by a hot woman in front of an audience. Well, you've got two mental blocks going. One is the hot woman on the pedestal and the second one is the audience.

Soften up your perception of the audience by talking to anyone and everyone on the bus. You'll see that just talking to strangers with other people listening isn't that bad. The pressure of rejection won't be there as much so it will be easier to talk to these strangers. They'll become real people instead of this mass of sullen faces waiting to judge you.

When this becomes natural or at least easier for you, then your confidence, outgoing personality, and hopefully, sense of humor, will naturally attract hotties' attention. In fact, you can play with this and talk to everyone around the girl before talking to her, so that she wonders why you aren't paying her attention.

I can really identify with you as I used to feel the same way and still fight it at times. I've found that talking to everyone and trying to be more sociable in general has really helped me out....as is preached time and time again on this site. None of these things are my original ideas but I can tell you from personal experience that they work!

what do you say to other people ?.... what time is it ?... cold today ! ? .... "hi?" ....

any ideas ?

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to observe my surroundings. I comment on the situation or something someone is wearing. I empathize with people according to their situations. And I look for the ridiculous in everything because that brings magic back into life.

For example, I asked a bored clerk how she was doing. She mentioned that it had been a long day. I asked her why. She said it was slow and boring. I told her that I felt that, as I had trouble keeping awake at my job that day as well. Then I told her that I'll have to come streaking through the store buck naked some day and wake everyone up. She laughed, so I asked her if she would call the police on me if I did that. She said that she and everyone else would probably just gawk in suprise. I said, "Good, if everyone is standing around in awe, I can make my quick get away." I had her cracking up the whole time. She'll remember that colorful encounter in the midst of her drab day.

Reaction score
Originally posted by AlwaysExcel
I like to observe my surroundings. I comment on the situation or something someone is wearing. I empathize with people according to their situations. And I look for the ridiculous in everything because that brings magic back into life.

For example, I asked a bored clerk how she was doing. She mentioned that it had been a long day. I asked her why. She said it was slow and boring. I told her that I felt that, as I had trouble keeping awake at my job that day as well. Then I told her that I'll have to come streaking through the store buck naked some day and wake everyone up. She laughed, so I asked her if she would call the police on me if I did that. She said that she and everyone else would probably just gawk in suprise. I said, "Good, if everyone is standing around in awe, I can make my quick get away." I had her cracking up the whole time. She'll remember that colorful encounter in the midst of her drab day.

your advice is good man !

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very inspiring thread but does this method of approaching apply to guys who aren't lucky in the looks department? :)

I can't help but to view jwhite as a good looking guy so it works for him but not necessary to others.

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting thread. Are you single..that is the question~ :D
This is what I've been asking girls too..and the result is completly different. I am at 12 Aproaches now with nothing to show for it! I am not bad looking guy and one would think that I can find a single girl. But no..even HB6 are taken. Or perhaps I am attracted to the girls with nice personality who are naturally taken? I don't know...but I' will pop this Q after 20 aproaches.
I like the style tho:..
Me: Hey' what you up to?
Her: being bored
Me:...building rapport here
Me: Neggin
Me: calibrating and do push/pull
Me: at high point pop the Q..are you single?
Her: no,I got Bf
Me: well,no one is perfect:)
Me: eject
Another one with BF.

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest this tread should be removed from DJ bible! Ask a girl if she is single apparently not working for anyone except the author!
Bible is bible...it should only have stuff that is like gold and is universal!

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by suavamente
One on One, 1 for 11 is good considering the target I was going for. I ran into alot of girls with boyfriends etc. But the 1 number was from a very attractive women. Its success because I don't quite.

Its never about how many times you fail , but that you overcome fear en route to success. I would be glad to hear anyone else's statistics when trying this approach.

I might also add that all of the women smiled and appreciated my approach. and a few even stopped to talk despite their lack of being single.

Those who dare to fail will prevail.

One for One, the guy is from NYC - cut him some slack. The bytches there are NOTORIOUSLY hard to game, especially in Cold Approaches. Probably the hardest to game in the nation, IMO. So he's doin' just fine.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Btw, all jwhite is doing is practicing the *BASICS*. I commend him for doing it, but I honestly don't think he's being INSPIRATIONAL or something.

N.B.: If you are reading this thread and are indeed inspired by this thread, it's a pretty CLEAR indication that you're a non-action-taking "keyboard jockey", to borrow a phrase from JT. Getting a number should be no big deal - to get excited over this shows that you do not do this often enough. I used to collect numbers like a *wh0re* - but now it seems like nothing to me, almost silly. ;) I am now working on laying women in the shortest amount of time possible. My best was a lay on the 2nd meeting, but that has only happened once in my life. All the other ones took a week or two of constant egging and gentle nudging. I want to be able to fvck a chick WHENEVER I WANT, on the same day/night if need be. :cool:

Having said that -- this is to jwhite -- how many dates have you gotten from all the numbers, as a percentage? And out of those, how many led to at least some kind of physical contact, the minimum being french-kissing/making out (the maximum would obviously be a LAY.)?

Let us know, buddy.... then we'll know for sure that you're doing well.

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WHAT IS THIS THREAD STILL DOING HERE!

I started this thread approximately one year ago, and I didn't expect it would get that much attention.

I KNOW I could be more successful if I didn't use the "are you single" line, but that wasn't the point of this thread. Yes, I wanted to get as many numbers as possible, but I wanted get what I wanted at the time: SINGLE WOMEN. And that simple question gave me more success than I could ever imagine. I used it as a crutch to COLD APPROACH.

jakethasnake

I used to collect numbers like a *wh0re* - but now it seems like nothing to me, almost silly
I'm in the exact same boat at this moment in time. As you have noticed from this MASSIVE thread, I was as you say, "a numbers wh0re."

The only reason I made this thread was to get over my petrifying FEAR of approaching not just women cold but women in general. You guys were just hearing my thoughts at the time. I've learned more about myself outside this message board than reading every single article, tip, and technique on this webpage. Yes, it is good info to know, but you are still in front of your computer when reading it.

Over time, approaching girls was easy, I could walk up to them and get a number, but I wasn't guaranteed a date, kiss, BJ, sex, whatever.
The transistion went like this:

First 0-10 approaches: absolutely exhilarating experience. I felt so alive after each approach. It was like I finally let go and became myself.
10-20 approaches: starting to lose that great after-approach feeling, and it is becoming easier.
20-beyond approaches: approaching women no longer scared me, it started to become apart of who I am.

Having said that -- this is to jwhite -- how many dates have you gotten from all the numbers, as a percentage? And out of those, how many led to at least some kind of physical contact, the minimum being french-kissing/making out (the maximum would obviously be a LAY.)?
You want numbers Jake, NO PROBLEM! I got some time to spare.

Here's the data:

Number of approaches: 37
Phone Numbers: approx 16
Dates: 6
Makeouts: 3
Lays: 1

let's do some number crunching shall we....

*Jwhite whips out his calculator and puts on his trusty wizard's hat*

OFFICIAL STATISTICS OF JWHITE'S COLD APPROACHING PROJECT:

Phone Numbers/Approaches percentage: 16/37= 43.24%
Dates/Approaches percentage: 6/37= 16.22
Makeouts/Approaches percentage: 3/37= 8.11%
Lays/Approaches percentage: 1/37= 2.70%

Dates/Phone Numbers percentage: 6/16= 37.5%
Makeouts/Phone Numbers percentage: 3/16= 18.75%
Lays/Phone Numbers percentage: 1/16= 6.25%

Makeouts/Dates percentage: 3/6= 50%
Lays/Dates percentage: 1/6= 16.67%

Lays/Makeouts percentage: 1/3= 33.33%

Good enough numbers for you Jake :D, or should I move out to Cali and take all of your women ;) ?

PS. Jake, clean out your mailbox, I got some questions about studying abroad for you.

Last edited:

Sardaukar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol!

So when can I see you getting Paris Hilton and other slutty looking celebs in a snap of the finger?

:D