Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Daddy issues

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A HB at a club last night more or less approached me and started hammering me about that she wanted a compliment for her shirt. I got alert on this, didn’t consciously identify it as a **** test, but intuitively didn’t pamper her or comply.

My experience and literature says complimenting HBs is the last thing to do. She departed. Later on in the evening we talked again and she went on about that I “didn’t like” her shirt, but was not up for number close. Somewhat of a contradiction there.

Yes, why care about this basket case chick, but I just think it’s just a case of a girl with daddy issues. Probably, complimenting her clothes might have gotten me far. She and her friends likely got slammed by a group of boyz later that evening, the Ls in night game are tough.

I have two questions:
  1. How do I identify if a girl would respond favourably on compliments or whether it would neutralise me?
  2. What is daddy issues in practice and in what way shall one adapt?

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A HB at a club last night more or less approached me and started hammering me about that she wanted a compliment for her shirt. I got alert on this, didn’t consciously identify it as a **** test, but intuitively didn’t pamper her or comply.

My experience and literature says complimenting HBs is the last thing to do. She departed. Later on in the evening we talked again and she went on about that I “didn’t like” her shirt, but was not up for number close. Somewhat of a contradiction there.

Yes, why care about this basket case chick, but I just think it’s just a case of a girl with daddy issues. Probably, complimenting her clothes might have gotten me far. She and her friends likely got slammed by a group of boyz later that evening, the Ls in night game are tough.

I have two questions:
  1. How do I identify if a girl would respond favourably on compliments or whether it would neutralise me?
1. I always compliment. Unless I perceive the girl to have a sarcastic or sassy attitude.
2. If it weren’t for ‘daddy issues’, my life would be dull. But, I don’t know if I ‘adapt’ (unless she’s 18-22).

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Go with your gut. I think u did well. Dont over analyze. There are a million thing u can do or say that might push the girl away, not worth losing sleep over it.

Get a bunch of matches on OLD. Plan dates u would enjoy regardless of company. DGAF and Triple book girls. If none cancels, go out with the hottest one and bail on the other girls. Rinse and repeat.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have two questions:
Compliment only when the compliment is genuine and comes from you (not fished). I generally only compliment on mindset, lifestyle, etc, rarely physical.

But to your questions:

1) That is quite subjective. There is nothing either of us can teach or advise here. This is something you simply learn to read from woman to woman with experience. With time, you simply know when a woman can take a compliment (depending on the compliment like I said before). In my experience, most women don't care for it or often feel inhibited when guys compliment them. On the other hand, if it's a girl thirsty for attention she will engage but don't expect anything in return. It will be one way.

2) One of my standards for women is that they have a solid relationship with their family, especially their father. How she views manhood/masculinity starts with her father and/or the masculine figures in her early development. When the perception is negative she will act jaded, entitled, bitter, untrusting, etc, etc. And that will rarely change in her lifetime. Finally, you adapt by setting and holding higher standards for women.

Modern Man Advice