Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dad Bods Are Hot? Fake News vs. Science

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
"I love Dad bods", said no woman, EVER. Newsflash! This thread should be fun...

Dad Bods Are Hot? Fake News vs. Science

If every dude with a dad bod had a magical button that instantly got him juicy abs and chiseled muscles, you’re telling me he wouldn’t press it?

What social media portrays about the dad bod is not reflective of how women actually behave. All the controlled research shows that women are attracted to lean and muscular bodies. Deep down, everyone knows this.

If you simply talk to enough women and observe their behavior, it’s obvious where their desires lean. No woman is lusting after Homer Simpson; they’re all gawking over Captain America. And I don’t blame them one bit.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
May I ask if you read the article?

As far as the Dad Bod phenomenon it’s been around social media for a few years, which is why the term is used.

In the case of this article, it’s posted on a body building forum, of course it supports their agenda, but it’s heavily referenced- 14 studies listed in the footnotes. It speaks frankly about things everyone knows to be true, but may be too flabby to admit it’s correct.

Calling dad bods hot is probably some form of click bait. Guys will click it to feel better. Chicks will click it because it will wind up her hamster wheel.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel I have a very good idea of this subject when it comes to a Man's physique. I have been many different weights and if I remember correctly, this is how it went for me:

• Teenage Years - 140 - 150 pounds. - I was always a very skinny kid because I would be in the parks in Brooklyn playing Basketball for literally 5+ hours every day in the summer and I was on the H.S. basketball teams during Winter. Many girls thought I was really cute and sexy and some commented on how they liked my lean body.

• Very early 20's - I started a real career job and had a girlfriend. My weight jumped to 185 Pounds with less muscle. Less active and had less time to play ball and exercise. I still had girls thinking I was cute and whatnot but not as much as my teenage years.

• Still in my early 20's - I broke up with my GF at the time. Freed up time to play ball and workout after work. I came down to 175ish pounds. I still did very well with girls and in the process, soon after I met my next serious Girlfriend. my weight started climbing slowly because again, I was less active in terms of playing sports and going to the gym along with being busy with work and GF.

• Mid 20's - Been with my GF for a while now and by this time my weight had skyrocketed to 270 pounds. I looked and felt terrible but between working a serious Job, time with the serious girlfriend and trying to start a business/investments, I wasn't active at all. Interest from other Women declined BIG TIME. I had a super dad bod. SOME girls would be flirty with me but it was very minimal. Some girls treated me weird for no reason and probably because they thought I was this creepy fat guy. Who knows but I was heavy as fvck.

• Mid - Late 20's - 275 pounds at the Max. My Girlfriend had left me and I was laid off from my job. I felt like total sh*t and my health was severely impacted from eating Chinese food/Pizza/McDonalds/Soda almost every single day. It even made me look aged and thinned my hair. With all the free time I now had, I knew I had to make a drastic change now that I was a single guy and I needed to meet other girls in the future.

• Late 20's - I managed to hit the gym and play basketball with a friend in the military every single day for 5+ hours. before I knew it, about a year later i was now a very lean 165 pounds. The attention from females SKYROCKETED. My face now had a very lean look to it and my body fat was very low. I had a 28" waist/lean. Everywhere I went, Women were always checking me out, smiling at me, approaching me. Sometimes I would get discounts on food when i went places, sometimes I would get "notes" on the receipts. Etc. the list goes on. I had an abundance of opportunities to fvck Women.

• Late 20s - Early 30's - I had jumped on prohormones (I'm not endorsing this). My weight went from 165ish to 174 pounds of pure lean muscle mass. Not much to say here other than getting attention and the ability to fvck many hot Women was like simply turning on a faucet. The attention was ridiculous.

I'll skip over the mid 30's because I still remained pretty muscular and in decent shape. My muscle mass declined and my health over time had declined from always going out on dates/bars/parties/lounges and drinking so much. Alcohol really impacted my health and muscle gains. Right now Im leaning up again and looking to get to 175 from 185 pounds. Now that im leaning out seriously, attention from girls at the gym and overall are going up drastically. Im not into having huge mass anymore. I prefer to have a lean build like a soccer player or a swimmer. I just feel better like that.

Anyway, didnt mean to have a long post but I was sharing what my experiences were like with a variety of different weights in my life. There is absolutely no question about it. Women love a nice lean muscular physique. That dad-bod sh!t is just a fantasy.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dad bods are a thing for some women, I know a few women who prefer men who aren't jacked.

As a general rule, women aren't as interested in looks as men are.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dad bods are a thing for some women, I know a few women who prefer men who aren't jacked.

I think there are women out there who prefer men who are not "jacked" as you put it. As in, a more lean, muscular look as opposed to looking like a professional body builder. However, I know ZERO women who like a "dad bod." This has become some popular internet trope over the past 6-7 years. It's a thing for wives to say about their fat, out of shape husbands to make him feel better. Deep down, they wished they were with a guy who was in good shape. This is so elementary that it is hardly worth even discussing IMO.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I feel I have a very good idea of this subject when it comes to a Man's physique. I have been many different weights and if I remember correctly, this is how it went for me:

• Teenage Years - 140 - 150 pounds. - I was always a very skinny kid because I would be in the parks in Brooklyn playing Basketball for literally 5+ hours every day in the summer and I was on the H.S. basketball teams during Winter. Many girls thought I was really cute and sexy and some commented on how they liked my lean body.

• Very early 20's - I started a real career job and had a girlfriend. My weight jumped to 185 Pounds with less muscle. Less active and had less time to play ball and exercise. I still had girls thinking I was cute and whatnot but not as much as my teenage years.

• Still in my early 20's - I broke up with my GF at the time. Freed up time to play ball and workout after work. I came down to 175ish pounds. I still did very well with girls and in the process, soon after I met my next serious Girlfriend. my weight started climbing slowly because again, I was less active in terms of playing sports and going to the gym along with being busy with work and GF.

• Mid 20's - Been with my GF for a while now and by this time my weight had skyrocketed to 270 pounds. I looked and felt terrible but between working a serious Job, time with the serious girlfriend and trying to start a business/investments, I wasn't active at all. Interest from other Women declined BIG TIME. I had a super dad bod. SOME girls would be flirty with me but it was very minimal. Some girls treated me weird for no reason and probably because they thought I was this creepy fat guy. Who knows but I was heavy as fvck.

• Mid - Late 20's - 275 pounds at the Max. My Girlfriend had left me and I was laid off from my job. I felt like total sh*t and my health was severely impacted from eating Chinese food/Pizza/McDonalds/Soda almost every single day. It even made me look aged and thinned my hair. With all the free time I now had, I knew I had to make a drastic change now that I was a single guy and I needed to meet other girls in the future.

• Late 20's - I managed to hit the gym and play basketball with a friend in the military every single day for 5+ hours. before I knew it, about a year later i was now a very lean 165 pounds. The attention from females SKYROCKETED. My face now had a very lean look to it and my body fat was very low. I had a 28" waist/lean. Everywhere I went, Women were always checking me out, smiling at me, approaching me. Sometimes I would get discounts on food when i went places, sometimes I would get "notes" on the receipts. Etc. the list goes on. I had an abundance of opportunities to fvck Women.

• Late 20s - Early 30's - I had jumped on prohormones (I'm not endorsing this). My weight went from 165ish to 174 pounds of pure lean muscle mass. Not much to say here other than getting attention and the ability to fvck many hot Women was like simply turning on a faucet. The attention was ridiculous.

I'll skip over the mid 30's because I still remained pretty muscular and in decent shape. My muscle mass declined and my health over time had declined from always going out on dates/bars/parties/lounges and drinking so much. Alcohol really impacted my health and muscle gains. Right now Im leaning up again and looking to get to 175 from 185 pounds. Now that im leaning out seriously, attention from girls at the gym and overall are going up drastically. Im not into having huge mass anymore. I prefer to have a lean build like a soccer player or a swimmer. I just feel better like that.

Anyway, didnt mean to have a long post but I was sharing what my experiences were like with a variety of different weights in my life. There is absolutely no question about it. Women love a nice lean muscular physique. That dad-bod sh!t is just a fantasy.
Careful with those prohormones. They're basically legal steroids after your body converts them into testosterone.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score

In the distant past, they may have been attracted to fat because it shows the guy can eat well. Lots of resources.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
If you read the article and the statistics quoted, you'll see that truly they don't like dad bods or if they do it's because they are intimidated that their guy has a higher SMV than she does which makes you a flight risk in her mind. An attractive, confident woman should not have this issue.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
May I ask why you think one "should watch out"? Other than HPTA shutdown, which I doubt is an issue with these supps, there is nothing to worry about. I should preface this with the point that endocrinology is my jam, and I am educated on and have worked in healthcare.

Careful with those prohormones. They're basically legal steroids after your body converts them into testosterone.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
May I ask why you think one "should watch out"? Other than HPTA shutdown, which I doubt is an issue with these supps, there is nothing to worry about. I should preface this with the point that endocrinology is my jam, and I am educated on and have worked in healthcare.
Watch the video. FYI, I'm a PA, but this should not be construed as any medical advice.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has become some popular internet trope over the past 6-7 years. It's a thing for wives to say about their fat, out of shape husbands to make him feel better. Deep down, they wished they were with a guy who was in good shape. This is so elementary that it is hardly worth even discussing IMO.
That dad-bod sh!t is just a fantasy.
These 2 posters got it right. Women prefer an attractive guy with some amount of muscle and limited body fat.

jamesfromhouston

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Haha no jokes. In March I hooked up with a very leggy hottie. She complimented how toned I looked but told me her ex was this sugar daddy and she actually liked his dad bod physique. I don't think she was teasing me about it.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yep I know but I post cycled well and was OK. The amount of lean mass I put on was incredible along with massive strength.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found this to be more true than many realize. If she has the mind set of obtaining a provider, she will most likely attach to a dad bod in many cases.
never once actually observing. The only certainty that has value comes from observation.
From what I've observed on pof is that women that say they are into dad bods are ones with kids, and looking for serious long term relationship/marriage.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are missing one key component of this and why they do want dad bods: Women want orbiters