Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cutting Out Sugar

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just finished recovering from an injury that led to me being off work for 3 months. Needless to say, I've been sitting on my ass for the last 3 months instead of doing my physically demanding job. I return to work today, but I'm doing so fatter than when I went off work.

Losing weight isn't the issue here. I've done it multiple times with success over the last 15 years or so. I know how to get the weight off. It just takes time and dedication to a specific diet and a workout routine. Easy stuff once you get the ball rolling.

The problem I have is sugar. It's not necessarily that I have an addiction to it (although I love me some chocolate chip cookies every so often), but it's that my body hates it. Whenever I eat anything with a somewhat substantial amount of sugar (desserts, bread, sweet drinks), I get bloated as all hell and feel like garbage. IMO, this is my body telling me that I shouldn't be taking in all this 5hit.

So I've made the decision that I need to cut the vast majority of sugar out of my diet. Cutting it out completely is damn near impossible because it's in so much of our food, so I'm just going to focus on the majority of it. No desserts, no bread, no sauces, no dressings, etc etc. I need to get it out of my diet, and that's my goal over the next few weeks.

Is there anyone else who has cut the sugar out of their diet? How did you do it? How long have you done it for? How do you keep it up?

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I just finished recovering from an injury that led to me being off work for 3 months. Needless to say, I've been sitting on my ass for the last 3 months instead of doing my physically demanding job. I return to work today, but I'm doing so fatter than when I went off work.

Losing weight isn't the issue here. I've done it multiple times with success over the last 15 years or so. I know how to get the weight off. It just takes time and dedication to a specific diet and a workout routine. Easy stuff once you get the ball rolling.

The problem I have is sugar. It's not necessarily that I have an addiction to it (although I love me some chocolate chip cookies every so often), but it's that my body hates it. Whenever I eat anything with a somewhat substantial amount of sugar (desserts, bread, sweet drinks), I get bloated as all hell and feel like garbage. IMO, this is my body telling me that I shouldn't be taking in all this 5hit.

So I've made the decision that I need to cut the vast majority of sugar out of my diet. Cutting it out completely is damn near impossible because it's in so much of our food, so I'm just going to focus on the majority of it. No desserts, no bread, no sauces, no dressings, etc etc. I need to get it out of my diet, and that's my goal over the next few weeks.

Is there anyone else who has cut the sugar out of their diet? How did you do it? How long have you done it for? How do you keep it up?
Sugar is a unique issue. I’ve done it for months at a time. I haven’t had a soda pop in years. Sugary drinks are the worst. I do consume some sugar at times. Mostly in dark chocolate.

The true danger is grains. Grains ARE sugar. They convert almost immediately to sugar in the stomach. Eating grains WILL give you sugar cravings. This is key.
Trying to get off sugar while still eating rice and grains is a drill in futility.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've pretty much eliminated all grains and sugars from diet, except for rare occasions, only 2-3 times per year.

There's no secret, and particularly no shortcuts.

Go very slowly, and eliminate them slowly.

That way, you'll slowly get used to it as you do so, and that will keep you off them.

cold turkey is a disaster.

Give yourself at least a few months from now till done.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going low carb you need to supplement with vitamins, especially magnesium and potassium. If you exercise you'll have to eat some carbs every now and then to replenish your glycogen levels.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Can't cut sugar 100% as it is in fruits, yogurts and veggies. However, I did cut out sweets. I love chocolate chips and reeses peanut butter cups too. So, I make them myself sugar free. I use the sugar free chocolate from Hersey's and almond butter, quite tasty and satisifing. I also have no candy in my house. It's pretty close to as low to no sugar as possible.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Can't cut sugar 100% as it is in fruits, yogurts and veggies. However, I did cut out sweets. I love chocolate chips and reeses peanut butter cups too. So, I make them myself sugar free. I use the sugar free chocolate from Hersey's and almond butter, quite tasty and satisifing. I also have no candy in my house. It's pretty close to as low to no sugar as possible.
Fruits are actually natural fructose and use a different biological pathway. Yes, fruits can make you fat. Your body actually makes vitamin C all on its own.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Fruits are actually natural fructose and use a different biological pathway. Yes, fruits can make you fat. Your body actually makes vitamin C all on its own.
Depends on the fruit. I've spoke to various dietitians, and agree most fruits are fine. I stick with Rave apples, bananas, pineapple, pears, kiwi and avocodo's. Berries are good too.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think sugar is not the only thing you should pay attention. Most of those foods you said have gluten. I quit gluten and my body started to change completely. Also I'm cutting out carbs from my life, and I feel so much more satiated and my stomach works much better.

Basically what I eat is: all kind of meats, Vegetables born above the earth, Cured Cheese, fruits like (apple, strawberries, pineapple, avocados, lemon) *I do not eat banana anymore. Also I eat chestnuts, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds...

I went on a lot of nutritionists and they all sold me stupid diets and ideas... the last one I tried was a nutrologist. This guy literally saved my life in all aspects.

Following this certainly lead to weight loss. Also you should check your vitamins in your body and some other exams.

This nutrologist showed me some stuffs on exams that if I wouldn't went to him I could have some serious issues in the future.

Be aware of caffeine too, cause at least for me, it make me a bit compulsive, so I'm more prone to eat and drink bad stuffs.

Hope this can help you a bit.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Processed food is what to avoid. A lot of it has sugar in it.

Fiber is key to losing weight. It fills you up. I like garbanzo beans on my salads. High fat dressings are fine, most have little sugar. I have been into olives lately. After 6 months of eating them, my ldl cholesterol dropped ten points. My hair is now kinda greasy too, which is a little weird, but shows an impact of diet. Olives may be the key behind the Mediterranean diet's health benefits.

And no fast food. That sh!t is poison. The chemicals in the packaging alone are enough reason to avoid it.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think sugar is not the only thing you should pay attention. Most of those foods you said have gluten.
I'm pretty sure it's sugar since I've had drinks with one of their few ingredients being sugar and it still makes me feel bloated. I'm very much aware of some of the issues that are caused by gluten, but after I did a bit of experimenting, I'm pretty sure that it's a sugar issue.

Can't cut sugar 100% as it is in fruits, yogurts and veggies.
Yes, I'm aware that sugar is in pretty much everything. I mainly want to cut the things are have high levels of it. Things like sauces (BBQ, Ketchup), Foods (baked goods) and drinks. I'm not against cutting grains as I've done it in the past, mainly during the time I was in the best shape of my life. I didn't have rice, bread, or anything of that sort in the house. It was all meat and veggies. I need to get back to that.

Be aware of caffeine too, cause at least for me, it make me a bit compulsive, so I'm more prone to eat and drink bad stuffs.
I don't drink coffee, so that's not a problem.

Fiber is key to losing weight. It fills you up.

What always worked for me was V8. That 5hit is thicker than oil and I'll down a glass of it and feel full. It's usually a staple when I'm on a weight loss path.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have made my own ketchup before. A bucket of tomatoes makes one tiny jar, and it takes all day, but if you have good tomatoes and you get it right, it is the best you ever had, low in sugar and loaded with lycopene and beta carotine. Ketchup used to be healthy a long time ago, before high fructose corn syrup and corporate control of the food supply turned our food into profitable garbage.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with coffee. I drink an espresso before leaving for work and before sleep. I sleep like a baby. Yea, coffee have zero effect on me.

I have made my own ketchup before. A bucket of tomatoes makes one tiny jar, and it takes all day, but if you have good tomatoes and you get it right, it is the best you ever had, low in sugar and loaded with lycopene and beta carotine. Ketchup used to be healthy a long time ago, before high fructose corn syrup and corporate control of the food supply turned our food into profitable garbage.
You can make just about anything. I've made my own sushi before, but I do go out maybe twice a month to a nice sushi place for a few rolls. It's really all I like to eat at a restaurant. Besides, as AMS says, you gotta feed them after fvcking them to replace those calories burned from sex.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been into sweets but will eat if the occasion is right (birthdays, etc.). If it makes you feel bad, it's a simple choice. Either you endure the bad feeling or you forgo the brief satisfaction of eating sweets. It could be a reaction to corn syrup or hydrogenated oil.

As far as grains and the rest, keep in mind that people the world over eat them and are not fat like Americans. They eat in moderation, get exercise, and eat plenty of vegetables and seafood and good fats like olive oil. You can eat what you want if you have a balanced diet and regular exercise. Just avoid processed shyt and eat everything in moderation, simple as that.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on the fruit. I've spoke to various dietitians, and agree most fruits are fine. I stick with Rave apples, bananas, pineapple, pears, kiwi and avocodo's. Berries are good too.
Didn’t say they were bad. I said they can make you fat. I’m not a fan of dietitians. The world is pretty fat.
Single ingredient food is a good start. I make my own everything. Including mayonnaise. I sparingly eat fruit as I’m fat adapted. I prefer blueberries and sometimes wild strawberries.
Citrus fruit, from my position, has way too much fructose. I never eat it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Didn’t say they were bad. I said they can make you fat. I’m not a fan of dietitians. The world is pretty fat.
Single ingredient food is a good start. I make my own everything. Including mayonnaise. I sparingly eat fruit as I’m fat adapted. I prefer blueberries and sometimes wild strawberries.
Citrus fruit, from my position, has way too much fructose. I never eat it.
Ahh, but kiwi's are actually very healthy for you. They are also pretty low on sugar. Meat can make you fat too dude.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh, but kiwi's are actually very healthy for you. They are also pretty low on sugar. Meat can make you fat too dude.
Well anything can make you fat. Lol
My goal is optimum metabolic rate. The key to a long healthy life is the control of insulin.

I was merely answering the OP’s question. Insulin control = less body fat and hormone optimization. I eat around 100 to 120 grams of protein. Moderate.

it’s been said that calories in versus calories out is what matters. It’s not that simple. If that were true, you could eat a little less that 2000 calories a day of grains and sugar and loose weight. That’s simply not true and you would wreck your body. This is how people work out really hard but never really loose the weight or keep it off. They haven’t trained their body to run on fat. High octane fuel.

Sugar and grains are a filthy fuel. I can go 20 hours a day without eating at all and not be overly hungry. The second I eat sugar, even in the form of fruit, I will find myself starving and will gorge myself.
This is hormonal.

I would never tell a man what to eat or think. I merely answered the question. Insulin control. Fruit was seasonal. We can buy it year round now.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Well anything can make you fat. Lol
My goal is optimum metabolic rate. The key to a long healthy life is the control of insulin.

I was merely answering the OP’s question. Insulin control = less body fat and hormone optimization. I eat around 100 to 120 grams of protein. Moderate.

it’s been said that calories in versus calories out is what matters. It’s not that simple. If that were true, you could eat a little less that 2000 calories a day of grains and sugar and loose weight. That’s simply not true and you would wreck your body. This is how people work out really hard but never really loose the weight or keep it off. They haven’t trained their body to run on fat. High octane fuel.

Sugar and grains are a filthy fuel. I can go 20 hours a day without eating at all and not be overly hungry. The second I eat sugar, even in the form of fruit, I will find myself starving and will gorge myself.
This is hormonal.

I would never tell a man what to eat or think. I merely answered the question. Insulin control. Fruit was seasonal. We can buy it year round now.
Everyone's body is different. I eat fruit and do not have the same reaction. It's also about self-control. Can a person limit themselves on the food they consume? Most cannot and thus, they are fat. They also eat take out and processed foods. Aside from yogurt and cottage cheese and other real cheeses, I do not eat any processed foods that I know of.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not buying it. The latest hippy scare and fear mongering

Sugar is naturally occurring found in FRUIT for Godsake

Sure eating 50g of sugar a day will fvck you up

Just like eating 50g of vitamins will (probably even worse)

We live in weird times where people want to go "nuke mode" for no reason

Just moderate yourself lol

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone's body is different. I eat fruit and do not have the same reaction. It's also about self-control. Can a person limit themselves on the food they consume? Most cannot and thus, they are fat. They also eat take out and processed foods. Aside from yogurt and cottage cheese and other real cheeses, I do not eat any processed foods that I know of.
Like I said, I don’t care what another eats. I answered the OPs question. It’s about him.

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I just decided three weeks ago to cut sugar. The first week was hell. It’s gotten much easier after that and the cravings have subsided. I still allow myself something only once a week. There was a study where they gave Rats the choice between cocaine and sugar and believe it or not they chose sugar. The stuff is very addictive