Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Curious if others have had this type of dating experience

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although it's not extremely common, this happened on a date last night. It's not the first time either, but again, it's not very common.

Ever been on a first time date with a woman that appears uncomfortable eating food in front of you? Because I enjoy getting beneath the surface about things, this has made me wonder. In my personal experience, this isn't about women being anorexic, having bad table manners etc...

Basically wondering if others have encountered this a time or two and also if there's some psychological reason behind their behavior?

TheProspect

Reaction score
Depends on what you mean specifically by uncomfortable, but I think I have seen this in women a few times myself.

I don't know the true reason behind this in any given case, but if I'd have to guess off the top of my head, I would say a woman appearing uncomfortable eating food is likely the woman being self-conscious or nervous for the following reasons:

- she doesn't want to come across as a pig when she eats, or that she eats a lot
- she's hyper aware of how she looks when she eats because she feels like she will be negatively judged if her date interprets her behaviour as unsophisticated or lacking etiquette
- she is perhaps unsure of how to "properly" eat a certain food without looking like a savage
- she's just generally nervous about the date and that hinders her appetite
- she has an upset stomach and needs to sh!t bad

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She may have been shamed about her eating by her parents, ex husband/boyfriend, date that ghosted her and have a little PTSD about it.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think @TheProspect is right. I would see it as a sign that she's interested in me. I would think a female that knows the date isn't going anywhere, and only there for the food, wouldn't care how she comes off.

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think @TheProspect is right. I would see it as a sign that she's interested in me. I would think a female that knows the date isn't going anywhere, and only there for the food, wouldn't care how she comes off.
Correct!
Women struggle to eat comfortably around men they’re highly interested in; partly due to “butterflies in the tummy” and partly due to aiming to maximise the facade of femininity to you. Its not feminine to wolf down a sandwich in 2 bites

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not feminine to wolf down a sandwich in 2 bites
But if she can destroy a foot long Kielbasa I would find that alluring. Note: In the movies, you'll often see a girl come home off a date and raid the fridge. So their might be something to this. Speaking for myself I don't like eating before activities. Such as simply feeling full while doing stuff.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are meeting women on dating apps, expect to meet some messed up women in general
This is such a good post that I am incentivized to set up another account just so that I could Like it again.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct!
Women struggle to eat comfortably around men they’re highly interested in; partly due to “butterflies in the tummy” and partly due to aiming to maximise the facade of femininity to you. Its not feminine to wolf down a sandwich in 2 bites
One of my exes seemed uncomfortable eating in front of me on our first date. I noticed it but didn‘t mention it. She told me later she was just very nervous.

She turned out to be a really good eater with bad table manners.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know. I avoid eating on first dates. An appetizer, maybe. But I would rather date a girl who embraces eating, if that makes sense. It's one of the joys of life.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the early 2010s, I learned not to do meal dates in restaurants for first dates. So I haven't had much of this experience on the first date. Even prior to the early 2010s when I learned that very good rule, I can't recall encountering that.

Datinglife26

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the early 2010s, I learned not to do meal dates in restaurants for first dates. So I haven't had much of this experience on the first date. Even prior to the early 2010s when I learned that very good rule, I can't recall encountering that.
this, its drinks and small appetizers if you are hungry.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't eat on first dates either for several reasons.

1) The best tasting dishes will usually make your breath stink badly.
Chewing gum afterwards won't cut it.

2) If I don't want my breath to stink, my only other options are bland & boring food.
Why even bother going to a restaurant to eat food like this?

3) Anything with red or black pepper in it will show up in your teeth immediately.
Don't forget about those herbs either!
Of course you could bring a travel sized toothbrush & toothpaste with you, but why go through all the unnecessary hassle?

4) Eating at restaurants means you're counting on a flawless system.
There's no such thing as a flawless system!
Think about all the order mistakes that happen, delayed meals, clumsy servers, or having to wait for a table.

Last edited: