Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Critque my 3000+kcal daily diet.

Dan08

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trying to get my diet in gear before hitting the gym again.

This is what I was thinking

Meal 1 - 100g Porridge Oats (370kcal) + 3/4 Pint of Milk (75kcal)

Meal 2 - 2 Cinnamon + Rasin Bagels (460kcal) + 1 Tbs Peanut Butter (94kcal)

Meal 3 - 950 Calorie Shake

500ml Skim Milk (180kcal)
85g Oats (300kcal)
4 TBS PB (376kcal)
1 Banana (100-120 Calories)

Meal 4 - Same as Meal 2

Meal 5 - 4 Meatballs (280kcal) + 75g Pasta (270kcal) ***

Meal 6 - 1 Protein Shake (230kcal)

*** Alternate Meal #3

2 Chicken Breasts (520kcal) + 4 Tortilla Wraps (750kcal)

Total Calories - 3283 excluding alternate Meal #3
Total Calories - 3603 including alternate Meal #3

Macro Breakdown with Shakes - 151g Protein, 362g Carbs, Fats 108g
Macro Breakdown without Shake as Meal 3 - 205g Protein, 375g Carbs. Fats 80g,

(rough figures as SS timed out on me just as I wrote it all up @£!$, so these are from memory.)

I think this is easily do-able on a student budget, I'd ask you guys to critique and offer different options (preferably with calorie breakdown). I would likely eat this 6 days a week then have my cheat day.
I know that food is always better than a shake however I included that in the meal plan as it would make things alot easier whilst at university and in lectures to just grab one out my bag

I worry however that I will eventually get sick of this and that the lack of diversity would do some damage to my body, i.e. banana is the only fruit I'm getting. Any suggestions to avoid both scenarios?

Last edited:

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Macros would help because this looks horribly devoid of protein and stupidly carb heavy. You've got meals that have essentially zero protein in them, sort that out. You seriously need to add some meat to this diet.

Your diet also looks like there's very little fat in it other that the PB. Skim milk is pretty much sugar water, switch to whole to up your fat intake. Animal fats will also be great here, so add in some meat.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People put way too much emphasis on diets imo. I checked your logs and you seem to be somewhat of a beginner when it comes to lifts. The important thing is to get the caloric intake right and get a decent breakdown of macros (proteins, fats and carbs). Other than that, just eat what you enjoy.

Reason why some food is considered bad is because it's easy to overeat them, they have little nutritional value or contain bad stuff. Bad food tend to leave you hungry. For example when I was cutting I was getting half my protein intake from shakes. (about 160g of shakes a day), I ate NO vegetables or fruits and havent done all my life, I take vitamin pills instead. People say I'm retarded but I still got a pretty good build. Only problem with shakes was that it left me hungry.

So again, don't worry that much if you are a beginner and don't intend on becoming a professional bodybuilder. If that diet suits you then eat that way, if you prefer to eat twice a day with bigger meals, then do that. Just makes sure your calories are there and your macros are decent. You should have enough carbs to feel full of energy at the gym.

Feel free to flame away on me guys :p

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
Feel free to flame away on me guys :p
I just cant seem to argue with those legs.......:(

ill throw up a back shot in a couple of weeks - that'll show you:box:

Fruit and veggies FTW:trouble:

But Dan - eat more meat

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:

But Dan - eat more meat
Sounds awesome man. :rockon:

Just sharing stuff that has worked for me. I'm not saying fruits and veggies are bad, probably the opposite. But in my country they are expensive and I never really got a liking to them so I just skipped them. As a beginner just reaching the calories and eating a decent macro split will make you grow.

Agree with the meat though, get more protein in that diet. I usually aim for 1 - 1.2 g/ lbs of lean bodyweight while bulking and closer to 2g /lbs while cutting. Tried other splits with more proteins but I find it the most effective to have good amount of carbs because of the increased intensity in the gym they give.

Dan08

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:

But Dan - eat more meat
Okay filth, I'll swap the shake for the alternate meal and probably drop meal 4 out for a bigger meal 5 so something like double the meatballs to give me 560kcal which is close to one bagel and then get the additional 250 from say a large glass of chocolate milk?

@DanZy, agreed that this it quite carb intense but I'm a rookie lifter, dieter, whatever. I can only learn from my mistakes, so I will go for this and judge it and reassess. If I'm not making gains in the gym or seeing it in the mirror I'll re-evaluate but I took the time to get a breakdown of calories so I will go and get a macro breakdown of this daily diet and re-edit this when done.

Dan08

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Macros added, where do you think the changes could be implemented? I've now added a sixth meal in the form of a protein shake bringing in an extra 230 calories but more importantly 30g of protein which means I'm 200+g of protein and considering I'm only about 130lbs that's plenty wouldn't you agree?

Guys, if you can give this the go ahead then I'm ready to implement. :)

Last edited:

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tip :

also 2 chicken breasts? just two? when i was bulking i took around 6 per day , like 1 kgs/day. cut pasta and tortilla ,then shift that money into more chicken.
also get some cuttle fish into that diet,if you got extra cash.
add canned mushrooms and beans for variety .
130X2 =260 grams of protein< thats what you need.

ice cream + banana + milk powder + honey +skim milk + peanut butter + sesame seeds = calorie bomb

if you have a fast metabolism then add in that calorie bomb i posted up there. take that idk , twice a day, dont cut it unless you get a visible fat roll.

Dan08

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
switch said:
tip :

also 2 chicken breasts? just two? when i was bulking i took around 6 per day , like 1 kgs/day. cut pasta and tortilla ,then shift that money into more chicken.
also get some cuttle fish into that diet,if you got extra cash.
add canned mushrooms and beans for variety .
130X2 =260 grams of protein< thats what you need.

ice cream + banana + milk powder + honey +skim milk + peanut butter + sesame seeds = calorie bomb

if you have a fast metabolism then add in that calorie bomb i posted up there. take that idk , twice a day, dont cut it unless you get a visible fat roll.
Good shout on the increased chicken I guess. Any ideas of total calories on the shake you put up?

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dan08 said:
Good shout on the increased chicken I guess. Any ideas of total calories on the shake you put up?
will be like 2000 -3000 calories it depends on the amount of stuff that you would use

milk- 6 cups
milk powder (coconut) 3-4oz
peanut butter 2 oz
honey 1 oz
ice cream (choco) 8 0z
^thats like 2000 calories but there is lots of fat (100 gms) , so only take it if you have a fast metabolism.if you want less or more calories then change the amount of ice cream and milkpowder

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
200 g should be plenty for bulking if you are at 130ish. Considering your lean weight is probably a bit lower as well. You can bump it up more but it wont really make any big difference.

Check this for a rough estimate on your daily expenditure of calories: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

3600 cals sounds like a bit much if you weigh that little. Your daily expenditure is probably somewhere around 2500 if you are very active. That would be like 7000 cals surplus a week. No way you'll build nearly 2 kgs of muscle per week. I'd probably eat closer to 2800-2900 and increase if you don't add mass on that amount. It should still be a decent 20ish % increase in cals. Caloric content seem to be wrong considering your macro distribution. 205/375/80 should be 3040 cals and looks like a pretty decent split. 27/49/24% (p/c/f).

When I started out I was about your weight as well and I ate ****loads of food and gained weight quickly but also a lot of fat. If I could do it again I would add weight slower but add more lean mass. So be careful not to overbulk by adding too much of a caloric abundance.

But as I said, dont fret too much over the diet, the important part when starting out is just eating enough and getting some quality protein in there as well. If you should fret over something then it is to get enough good sleep.

Dan08

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
200 g should be plenty for bulking if you are at 130ish. Considering your lean weight is probably a bit lower as well. You can bump it up more but it wont really make any big difference.

Check this for a rough estimate on your daily expenditure of calories: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

3600 cals sounds like a bit much if you weigh that little. Your daily expenditure is probably somewhere around 2500 if you are very active. That would be like 7000 cals surplus a week. No way you'll build nearly 2 kgs of muscle per week. I'd probably eat closer to 2800-2900 and increase if you don't add mass on that amount. It should still be a decent 20ish % increase in cals. Caloric content seem to be wrong considering your macro distribution. 205/375/80 should be 3040 cals and looks like a pretty decent split. 27/49/24% (p/c/f).

When I started out I was about your weight as well and I ate ****loads of food and gained weight quickly but also a lot of fat. If I could do it again I would add weight slower but add more lean mass. So be careful not to overbulk by adding too much of a caloric abundance.

But as I said, dont fret too much over the diet, the important part when starting out is just eating enough and getting some quality protein in there as well. If you should fret over something then it is to get enough good sleep.
Cheers mate, I'll drop a meal to get me down to the 3000kcal mark. Not sure what your meaning by them being wrong though because of my macro's? Could you explain? I think like you said it's a decent split.

Thanks for the advice, I'll slowly add an extra meal every 2 weeks to prep my body.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dan08 said:
Cheers mate, I'll drop a meal to get me down to the 3000kcal mark. Not sure what your meaning by them being wrong though because of my macro's? Could you explain? I think like you said it's a decent split.

Thanks for the advice, I'll slowly add an extra meal every 2 weeks to prep my body.
Basically a carb and a protein is 4 calories per gram, fat is 9 calories per gram.

So a 205+375 would be 2320 and 80g fat would be 720 leaving a grand total of 3040 kcal not 3600ish.

You sure you calculated correctly?

Best way I found is to not increase food if you make regular gains in the gym. If you start gaining too much fat, then reduce calories a little, if you have trouble gaining then increase calories. The perfect mid spot is increasing in the gym while adding very little body fat. This might take a bit of practice to get the hang on.

Dan08

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
Basically a carb and a protein is 4 calories per gram, fat is 9 calories per gram.

So a 205+375 would be 2320 and 80g fat would be 720 leaving a grand total of 3040 kcal not 3600ish.

You sure you calculated correctly?

Best way I found is to not increase food if you make regular gains in the gym. If you start gaining too much fat, then reduce calories a little, if you have trouble gaining then increase calories. The perfect mid spot is increasing in the gym while adding very little body fat. This might take a bit of practice to get the hang on.
Ahhh right understood! Well I had it all calculated before SoSuave timed out on me so the final figures were just from memory so no they're not exact but I will go back through them tomorrow most likely to see if I made a mistake along the way

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your like me and have trouble gaining weight, you don't need some clean/high protein diet. You need to eat whatever the fvck you want! Which includes fast food and junk food added to your diet. The other day I had 4 double cheese burgers from McDonalds for lunch and a couple doughnuts for a mid after noon snack. Followed by a "healthier" dinner; steak, baked potato, carots, bread w/ butter, raw salad ect.. So until I start getting fat, Im gonna keep eating whatever!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krueg said:
If your like me and have trouble gaining weight, you don't need some clean/high protein diet. You need to eat whatever the fvck you want! Which includes fast food and junk food added to your diet. The other day I had 4 double cheese burgers from McDonalds for lunch and a couple doughnuts for a mid after noon snack. Followed by a "healthier" dinner; steak, baked potato, carots, bread w/ butter, raw salad ect.. So until I start getting fat, Im gonna keep eating whatever!
Yeah, I agree somewhat. Doesn't need to be superclean food but it is really adviceable to keep a decent track of the caloric intake. It is way easy to overeat. For me some days I have insane hunger and I can eat 5000 cals as if it is nothing, other days I need to stuff myself to even reach maintenance. Sometimes the body just give wierd signals.

Dan08 said:
Ahhh right understood! Well I had it all calculated before SoSuave timed out on me so the final figures were just from memory so no they're not exact but I will go back through them tomorrow most likely to see if I made a mistake along the way
Sounds good man, best of luck with your diet and your lifting!

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
Yeah, I agree somewhat. Doesn't need to be superclean food but it is really adviceable to keep a decent track of the caloric intake. It is way easy to overeat. For me some days I have insane hunger and I can eat 5000 cals as if it is nothing, other days I need to stuff myself to even reach maintenance. Sometimes the body just give wierd signals.
Good Point. But for me, having a ripped/toned/jacked or whatever type of body isn't my goal. Should probably state that so people don't take what I say to heart, cause everyone has different goals... I personally don't care if I get fat or loose my six pack. My goal is strength only. I don't necessarily care what my body looks like. If I have to eat a bunch of junk food to put on weight to make my lifts go up, I will. For someone who just wants to look good and build some muscle, then count your calories and protein intake to get the results you want.

yyyy1313

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:

I was thinking that same thing. This dude is taking in way too many calories. I would suggest dropping your calories, getting that protein up and dropping your carbs and fat down. That excess amount is going to gain weight, but it'll be more fat than muscle.