Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Critique on my workout routine

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys could critique my workout routine and offer some advice. I've been doing this since mid-January and so far I do have more muscle definition and a bit more mass but I haven't noticed any significant weight gains. However I do LOOK more muscular than before.

I go 3x a week, and do 3 muscle groups each time. I do three exercises for each muscle group in a row, 3 sets, 6-10 reps (aim for 8). Chug water (about 3-4 bottles each time), try not to stay for more than an hour. After I've changed back into my normal clothes I have two hard boiled eggs for protein. I leave at least 1 day rest between workouts, of course. On non-workout days I try to eat lots of protein-rich foods, I go through about 24 eggs a week, I eat lots of chicken, etc.

Right now I'm 6'3'' 185 lbs. I'd like to increase the size of my muscles (esp. arms and pecs) but I don't want to add any more fat if I can avoid it.

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What exercises do you do? I can't critique the routine without knowing the exercises, sets, and reps for each bodypart.

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to do as many free weight exercises as I can. For legs I do squats and presses. For arms I do curls with free weights, bars and sometimes a machine for variety. For shoulders, again, free weight raises. For my back I do bentover rows and cable pulleys. For the chest I do bench press and free weights. For triceps, same thing.

The Great Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
You still haven't been very specific listing your exercises for every bodypart, just list give us a list of every exercise you do, you said you do 3 sets of 6-10 reps, i'd take it down to 4-6 or so and try to lift heavier weight if you want to put on muscle.

Try to be more specific, instead of saying:
For the chest I do bench press and free weights
bench press is good, but free weights? that could mean anything, this is my current chest workout:

Chest

Flat Bench Barbell press - 5 sets of 5 reps
Incline (30 degrees) dumbell press - 2 sets of 6-8
Incline (30 degrees) barbell press - 2 sets of 6-8

Oh, and you need to eat a lot more than 2 eggs after your workout, that is only 12 grams of protein, you need about 40. You should be consuming about 1/3 of you daily calories within a couple of hours after your workout (apparently, i read that somewhere, makes sense though).