Critique my routine for "What do you do for a living?"

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A little about me: I'm nearing 24, I work a crappy high paying job and live at home with the parents. Living at home is kindly expected if you are in your studies, but I am waaay past my studies now. I'm not from the US and am solely here for money. I get asked what I do for a living but answering with the facts doesn't seem too exciting. According to VArts, I vaguely remember if you work a crappy job, mention your aspirations and goals and how you set out to achieve them. A film writer, a photographer, musician... :yawn: I don't really have any hard aspirations. Only to return to Australia, buyout my own home or two and travel the world chasing after life's enjoyable pursuits.

My life's PROS:
- great income
- a lot of free time. I work 3 hours a day
- little to no expenses

The CONS: at the moment
- crappy job
- live at home the old folks
- no assets in the US

So I'm thinking of a new routine to use regularly for the age old question, "What do you do for a living?" ****y and funny can only take it so far, lying is harder to do, answering with the hard facts don't cut it. This routine is to be used for day game which involves less attraction, BT, high energy and more comfort, cold reading and connection building. I'll include BL, facial expressions and tonality to boot.

-So, what do you do for a living?-
For a living? What I do is somewhat immoral. Hook
Look away to top left. Relaxed BL, you're not nervous doing something wrong.
But I plan to go back in a few years time, buy a place I will call home and then travel the world. Comfort
Smile. EC.
My brother taught me that life is too short to stay in one place you should live your life all over the world. I like his outlook on life. If there's one thing I like about my siblings that would be it. Comfort
Strong EC, smile off.
Meeting different people and making friends all over the world would be sweet! Like this, today, right now. Kind of like how I met you. Connection building
Grab her shoulders with high energy and big smiles. Anchoring the shoulder touch to the feeling of me being socially alpha, this way when ever I suggest something, I can touch her shoulder and have her subconsciously be more agreeable.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! This right here is fun! Grounding to the reality of 'us'
Big smiles, take her hand and lead her onto
I'm feeling like a drink, come with me, we can't end this conversation...
or
Ooh!! I wanna do something stupid now come.
Do camera routine with her on strangers to show you are socially alpha and fun.

I want some feedback before I practice it 100 times and take it in-field. What could I add to build more connection and what to exclude because it's a waste of brain power. This routine is used after attraction phase and about 5-10mins into set. On lone wolf.

Thanks guys.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
routines are lame.

no offense, but they're a crutch toward the development of natural game.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll answer on one condition: you say specifically what your "crappy job" is. You're (relatively) anonymous here; what's there to lose?

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Serialized3 said:
routines are lame.

Nah... I'm in the same boat. I'm definitely going Direct-Natural. Heeds results faster more efficiently. Indirect-canned is more night stuff and may get you entertainment monkey status. And the occasional "Who are you again?". You can lose attraction too fast from meeting to day2. Ex-VArts here. I want this for that common question that will be asked and I don't wanna revert back to C+F too much when in natural mode. Connection is key to a day2, can't get that with canned routines that aren't congruent.

azanon said:
I'll answer on one condition: you say specifically what your "crappy job" is. You're (relatively) anonymous here; what's there to lose?
Hah! My hook was meant for the girls, not you man!

I'll tell you what I do if you come meet some of the community guys and me when we meetnsarge at Northridge Mall this father's day weekend. Look in the Wingman forums under that LA thread. From your reaction, I should tone down the hook so she won't wonder too much what I do while I talk.

I'll tell the girls what I do day3 if I want to take them that far. Not looking for LTRs here.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought you were asking us guys for advise. I can't give accurate advise without knowing what job you're trying to dance around with them.

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
routines are lame.

Thank God there are some Direct Style guys on the forum. We definitely are the minority, lol. Its a shame the DJ Bible didn't include Direct Style stuff as much as it should. The indirect stuff i believe is only good for starting out, to get use to approaching and interactions...but i think thats all its good for....starting out. The true direct and natural game is when u are bold, fearless and go up to a girl telling her u like her....thats much more powerful....and also u dont' waste time compared to indirect where u have to give much more effort and ur beating around the bush.

Some misconceptions of direct from indirect people is that ur putting females on a pedastal and females get hit on all this time with "Ur so hot" and "ur so beautiful" but in reality...those girls might get hit on, but not up front approached as much as we think, especially during the day....plus those guys prolly don't do it the right way, IMO.

cefiro

Don Juan
Reaction score
When women ask what I do, I usually say that im a "lettuce washer at McDonalds" or something like that to catch them off guard. But, I usually talk to women at bars and this is something that tends to get their attention.

afc_2_dj

Don Juan
Reaction score
RBB said:
- great income
- a lot of free time. I work 3 hours a day
Hmmm, what exactly is crappy about it?!?! S**t, "well, I make a ton of cash and only work 3 hours a day" I dont think that'd put any women off!!

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I own a company that rhymes with Froogle. I work 3 minutes per day. It's a Very crappy high paying job and im living with mom and dad still.

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahahah, oh you guys. What is high paying job with minimal worktime?
/discuss.
I work in pron. I'm a gigolo **** lotsa ho's.. :yawn:

Back on topic, I don't think you guys are into breaking routines down. I'll FT this and adjust accordingly.

Anyway,
cefiro said:
When women ask what I do, I usually say that im a "lettuce washer at McDonalds" or something like that to catch them off guard. But, I usually talk to women at bars and this is something that tends to get their attention.
Yes, that c+f stuff is good for night game at bars and what not. But day game is more effective played direct and natural. I'm gonna do more stuff in-field during the day, you know, time table issues, and be only carrying a handful of routines for opening, basic **** tests and common questions.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RBB said:
Hahahah, oh you guys. What is high paying job with minimal worktime?
/discuss.
I work in pron. I'm a gigolo **** lotsa ho's.. :yawn:

Back on topic, I don't think you guys are into breaking routines down. I'll FT this and adjust accordingly.

Anyway,

Yes, that c+f stuff is good for night game at bars and what not. But day game is more effective played direct and natural. I'm gonna do more stuff in-field during the day, you know, time table issues, and be only carrying a handful of routines for opening, basic **** tests and common questions.
Sounds like a good gig. When did you get hooked up with that? Dont you spend a lot of time working out? :nervous:

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"My name is George Costanza, I’m unemployed and I live at my parents."

Or pretend to be a marine biologist.

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
"My name is George Costanza, I’m unemployed and I live at my parents."

Or pretend to be a marine biologist.
Naw. Wait... a playright. Ok... a latex salesman? Oh! I know! A stock trader!No.... those all sound lame. How about an architect?

Of course, nothing beats my job. I'm an importer/exporter.

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
Sounds like a good gig. When did you get hooked up with that? Dont you spend a lot of time working out? :nervous:
:cry: Noooo!! That was my attempt to play down the work thing with sarcasm and steer it back ON topic. :cuss: I'm here cos I'm a socially retarded dude sharing his works and looking to pin point perfect them like the rest of you.

Fukken hell, I'm working my way to be a marine biologist.

You ever notice how Asian people don't smell?

This one time a drunk dude in the club accidentally knocked over my drink and I spat at him. Except I missed. I hit this chick who was posing for a picture with her friends.

KnockoutJM

Don Juan
Reaction score
My reccommendation would be to just think of a response on your toes, and to feel out how the situation is going and follow on to that. It is much easier, and more genuine when you are able to take what comes at you and then change it to what you want.