Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Critique my diet. . .

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a 19 year old college student. I'm trying to gain weight. Right now, I'm 6'2 and about 175 pounds and I started lifting again(6 days a week). I was wondering if you guys could tell me if you think I need to eat more or I should eat less or change my diet. Oh, I have a meal plan(10 meals a week) and flex bucks(electronic money), and I don't have enough money to buy food off campus. Maybe next sememster. Anyways, here is my diet.
MWF- I eat lunch and dinner.
Lunch- plate of pinapple(1 cup), banana, apple, bagle with 1tsp butter, 2 slices of whole wheat toast with grape jelly, 1 cup consisting of colliflower, brocolli, tomatoes, and carrots. Then I eat two turkey sandwiches on wheat with just lettuce and tomatoe. And I finish my meal with a glass of skim milk and one or two oatmeal cookies.
Dinner: I use flex bucks and buy a a 12inch grilled chicken(or turkey if they don't have it) sub with lettuce and tomatoe.
Tuesday's and Thursday's and Saturday's
Breakfast: five hard boiled eggs without the yolk, pineapple(can't get enough of it:), banana, bagel, toast with jelly, and a glass of skim milk
Lunch: one turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomatoe, apple sauce, bagel, toast with jelly, about 1 cup of carrots, colliflower, brocolli, and tomatoes. Also, maybe a cookie or two.
Dinner: 12 inch grill chicken or turkey sub with lettuce and tomatoe.
Sunday- day off, I eat whatever the hell I want to. Usually consists of two cheeseburgers, fries, french toast, 10 or so cookies, cake, five bowls of fruit loops, grilled cheese, pizza.
And for dinner I get either a whole fried chicken fingers with fries and toast and I sometimes buy a candy.

Well, if you haven't noticed I have a balanced diet that lacks variety . BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE, ALL OF THE FOOD THEY SERVE IN THE CAFETERIA AND EVERYWHERE ELSE IS JUNK FOOD AND I"M ON A LIMITED BUDGET.
Any comments. . . . . . .

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing I'd personally suggest on your weekly diet is spreading that food out more over the course of the day. Lumping meals together like that is unhealthy.

As for Sunday, that might be going overboard a little. I don't eat as well over the course of the whole weekend myself but it's not good to go completely out of whack.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to a grocery store and get the following:

Large bag of Oatmeal - $3
Cans of tuna - $1/can
Vegetables - cheap

Now, live off of this for a while...

bombastic

Reaction score
i went and bought me some 425g cans of tuna but its a struggle to eat it... it doesnt taste all that good and doesnt go down so easy.
so wheelin.. since you suggested it, just wondering have you any recipes or ideas for making eating tuna a bit more pleasant???

oh and also.. not necessarily related, but i've been told that the body can only handle about 30g of protein in a sitting and the rest just goes out of your system. do any of you guys know if this is true? the whey protein i have at the moment is 45g a serve with milk (according to the recommended serving size on the packet) so i'm thinking this 30g thing is wrong?

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
do you guys think protein bars can be substitued for meals? Also, wheelin&dealin, I hate tuna, everytime I look at the stuff it makes me gag. So, do you have any other(cheap) ideas for protein besides tuna?

atomsk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jwhite17
do you guys think protein bars can be substitued for meals? Also, wheelin&dealin, I hate tuna, everytime I look at the stuff it makes me gag. So, do you have any other(cheap) ideas for protein besides tuna?
If you dont like tuna, try mahi mahi. It is the most delicious fish I have ever had. Oishi!

salmon is good too.

darkhorse

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tuna can be kind of nasty to choke down all by itself. Adding some ketchup improves things 1000%. You can also throw some lettuce into the mix, too, to make it a meal.

By the way, you can also get canned chicken at the supermarket. Looks just like the tuna when you open the can but, well, tastes like chicken. Another plus of the canned chicken is you're not ingesting trace amounts of mercury like you do with tuna.