Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Critique my date...

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to mirror what other guys said about the "good guy" comment being a bad sign but I don't think u did bad overall. I would alternate hot and cold. Your initial date was on the hot side meaning you expressed a lot of interest and desire. Now I would be a bit more flaky. In fact, I would flake on your next date with her by saying "Hey, tomorrow isn't going to work. Do u mind if we raincheck? Sorry..." That will surprise her and keep her on her toes. Then send her a message 2 days later with something sweet but don't ask about meeting up just yet. Then 1-2 days after, hit her with "I know a really chill spot at xyz avenue we should check out. Come with me Friday? :)" Alternate hot/cold, lots of desire/cool and cold... It will make her think about u and wonder about u...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

OP you did fine. There is obviously attraction between you. When I say a “good guy” I mean a solid guy, a real man. Don’t worry about semantics, watch what she does.

I’m dating someone I like whose divorce is final right after New Year. I’m not crazy about the timing, obviously, but you meet people (through real life social circle in this case) when you meet people. Attraction is attraction and being contrived gets you nowhere good. I met this guy mid Nov. We’ve been on 6 dates, he makes a point to carve out time for me when he comes home (he manages commercial projects out of state during the week and has to be on site)...even though his time home is limited...

He is very sexy. Very. He was completely polite the first 3 dates. Light kino, lots of smiles, sexual tension & some teasing. No big make outs etc., but the guy has not had a lover at all for years...he was pretty wild however in his youth and has an edge that I could sense under his politeness...it was subtle but it was observable.

Fourth date he kissed me but still cautious. 5th date we went to dinner & I thought we were going for a drink after. Instead he took me to mine. Let’s just say I was a very happy girl. I loved that he didn’t ask. He simply made a decision, took me home and that was that. Of course we had both become very curious what things would be like...but he was cautious at first. This is over the course of as many weeks as dates so there has been time for longing to develop...and he’s a lousy texter but he does call.

Last weekend he came to a party with me and many of my friends (including several of my regular male running buddies) and he was well received and thoroughly enjoyed himself. He and my friends got along well and then he spent the night at mine.

My point is this developed more slowly than the board here would suggest is ideal. I like this man quite a bit and I’ve told him so. I’ve also told him I appreciate him making time for me with all he has going on...

My hesitation is that coming out of a long marriage this guy is unlikely in a position to want a LTR out of the gate. So I will enjoy him, see what develops and continue to keep my options open. But I do like him and have high interest.

But I rarely text him, almost never call him. I allow him to reach out to me because between his enormously busy high stress work, his turbulent personal life & the holidays, the last thing he needs is to feel any neediness or pressure from me. I like to be his release, his escape & his relaxation at this point. He feels light and fun and free in my company, and his smile & laugh communicate that in spades. He’s started telling his buddies he’s “met someone”...but he’s got to be careful not to upset his agreement before it’s final and I get that.

Gauge her interest level. Is she warm, is she responsive? She has attraction but doesn’t want to be seen as too easy. It’s a double standard that persists.

Don’t beat yourself up. Don’t be too formulaic or contrived. Relax and figure out what suits YOU.

In fact that is exactly what I’ve told the man I like. Irrespective of outcome from my perspective.

Get your feet back under you & you’ll do fine. Stick around here & read. We are all figuring it out as we go.

Cheers

lostintime

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you need to get a life son. Your this f*cking concerned what this chick thinks and are planning stuff out after only knowing her for 1 date. What happens if you actually get into a BF/GF thing with her? Are you going to be acting like this?

I would ghost until I hear from her. Let her wonder about you. Be the opposite of what you were the night of the date and let her wonder to herself "Is he not calling/texting because we didn't have sex? I should have f*cked him. Ok, I'm going to text him now".

Just do it bro. Seriously.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

OP you did fine. There is obviously attraction between you. When I say a “good guy” I mean a solid guy, a real man. Don’t worry about semantics, watch what she does.

I’m dating someone I like whose divorce is final right after New Year. I’m not crazy about the timing, obviously, but you meet people (through real life social circle in this case) when you meet people. Attraction is attraction and being contrived gets you nowhere good. I met this guy mid Nov. We’ve been on 6 dates, he makes a point to carve out time for me when he comes home (he manages commercial projects out of state during the week and has to be on site)...even though his time home is limited...

He is very sexy. Very. He was completely polite the first 3 dates. Light kino, lots of smiles, sexual tension & some teasing. No big make outs etc., but the guy has not had a lover at all for years...he was pretty wild however in his youth and has an edge that I could sense under his politeness...it was subtle but it was observable.

Fourth date he kissed me but still cautious. 5th date we went to dinner & I thought we were going for a drink after. Instead he took me to mine. Let’s just say I was a very happy girl. I loved that he didn’t ask. He simply made a decision, took me home and that was that. Of course we had both become very curious what things would be like...but he was cautious at first. This is over the course of as many weeks as dates so there has been time for longing to develop...and he’s a lousy texter but he does call.

Last weekend he came to a party with me and many of my friends (including several of my regular male running buddies) and he was well received and thoroughly enjoyed himself. He and my friends got along well and then he spent the night at mine.

My point is this developed more slowly than the board here would suggest is ideal. I like this man quite a bit and I’ve told him so. I’ve also told him I appreciate him making time for me with all he has going on...

My hesitation is that coming out of a long marriage this guy is unlikely in a position to want a LTR out of the gate. So I will enjoy him, see what develops and continue to keep my options open. But I do like him and have high interest.

But I rarely text him, almost never call him. I allow him to reach out to me because between his enormously busy high stress work, his turbulent personal life & the holidays, the last thing he needs is to feel any neediness or pressure from me. I like to be his release, his escape & his relaxation at this point. He feels light and fun and free in my company, and his smile & laugh communicate that in spades. He’s started telling his buddies he’s “met someone”...but he’s got to be careful not to upset his agreement before it’s final and I get that.

Gauge her interest level. Is she warm, is she responsive? She has attraction but doesn’t want to be seen as too easy. It’s a double standard that persists.

Don’t beat yourself up. Don’t be too formulaic or contrived. Relax and figure out what suits YOU.

In fact that is exactly what I’ve told the man I like. Irrespective of outcome from my perspective.

Get your feet back under you & you’ll do fine. Stick around here & read. We are all figuring it out as we go.

Cheers
This is really great advice - thank you SO much! Update: I texted her this AM (after 3 days) that I hope she has a great time visiting her family over the holidays and we should definitely get together again after the holidays are over. She said she had a really great time and thanked me, but said she will be in DC next week for work, then in LA "for a while. Things are so busy right now!" Maybe she's sincere, maybe she is just trying to find a way to nicely blow me off. Either way - I had a good night, she was cute, and I got some practice in. Who knows - if there truly was an attraction on her end maybe she will hit me up when she is back in town. If not, I have another date under my belt and mistakes to learn from!

Reactions: B80

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to mirror what other guys said about the "good guy" comment being a bad sign but I don't think u did bad overall. I would alternate hot and cold. Your initial date was on the hot side meaning you expressed a lot of interest and desire. Now I would be a bit more flaky. In fact, I would flake on your next date with her by saying "Hey, tomorrow isn't going to work. Do u mind if we raincheck? Sorry..." That will surprise her and keep her on her toes. Then send her a message 2 days later with something sweet but don't ask about meeting up just yet. Then 1-2 days after, hit her with "I know a really chill spot at xyz avenue we should check out. Come with me Friday? :)" Alternate hot/cold, lots of desire/cool and cold... It will make her think about u and wonder about u...
I like that man - great advice! I can see how the hot/cold would def keep a girl like this on her toes.

Update: I texted her this AM (after 3 days) that I hope she has a great time visiting her family over the holidays and we should definitely get together again after the holidays are over. She said she had a really great time and thanked me, but said she will be in DC next week for work, then in LA "for a while. Things are so busy right now!" Maybe she's sincere, maybe she is just trying to find a way to nicely blow me off. Either way - I had a good night, she was cute, and I got some practice in. Who knows - if there truly was an attraction on her end maybe she will hit me up when she is back in town. If not, I have another date under my belt and mistakes to learn from!

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like that man - great advice! I can see how the hot/cold would def keep a girl like this on her toes.

Update: I texted her this AM (after 3 days) that I hope she has a great time visiting her family over the holidays and we should definitely get together again after the holidays are over. She said she had a really great time and thanked me, but said she will be in DC next week for work, then in LA "for a while. Things are so busy right now!" Maybe she's sincere, maybe she is just trying to find a way to nicely blow me off. Either way - I had a good night, she was cute, and I got some practice in. Who knows - if there truly was an attraction on her end maybe she will hit me up when she is back in town. If not, I have another date under my belt and mistakes to learn from!
Yeah, when they say that things are going to be "busy for a while" that's usually an excuse to blow u off. Everyone is so busy these days it seems but in reality nobody is doing anything that great. I would not have said anything about meeting up again in the future. You probably appeared too eager. You gotta remember you're dealing with a girl who probably has options, the last thing she needs is another easy boy, someone she doesn't have to work hard for... "Be vulnerable" at your own risk...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to concur with @SpartanWarrior77 but it’s also a really strange time with various places on various degrees of lockdown etc.

Go silent a few days or a week & see if she messages. If she doesn’t then text her a quick what’s up text (be a little more creative than just that...) and see if she responds.

Meanwhile chat up & go out with other women. You cannot know what this one woman’s deal is.

Sometimes women get funny if they feel they were too loose on the first date. It’s the whole shame thing or the whole attainability thing etc. You’ll never know.

So don’t worry too much about it & go about your business

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, when they say that things are going to be "busy for a while" that's usually an excuse to blow u off. Everyone is so busy these days it seems but in reality nobody is doing anything that great. I would not have said anything about meeting up again in the future. You probably appeared too eager. You gotta remember you're dealing with a girl who probably has options, the last thing she needs is another easy boy, someone she doesn't have to work hard for... "Be vulnerable" at your own risk...
Thanks buddy! Yeah I'm definitely trying to get a few plates spinning so I don't have to appear eager with anyone. One in rotation right now and working on the next! Thanks again. I don't think I'll text this girl ever again. If she is back and town and hits me up, great! She can buy me a drink this time haha.

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks buddy! Yeah I'm definitely trying to get a few plates spinning so I don't have to appear eager with anyone. One in rotation right now and working on the next! Thanks again. I don't think I'll text this girl ever again. If she is back and town and hits me up, great! She can buy me a drink this time haha.
There we go. You're moving towards a better mindset.

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes women get funny if they feel they were too loose on the first date. It’s the whole shame thing or the whole attainability thing etc. You’ll never know.

So don’t worry too much about it & go about your business
That would make a lot of sense. I remember bedding this one chick on the first night after meeting at a bar. I tried getting her out again but she was reluctant and would take 1-2 days to respond to each message. Then I finally got her to become a solid plate for a while.

Something similar happened on a date a few weeks back. We had our day #1 at a bar and after 2 drinks and like 2 hours of conversation, I suggested we have some wine at my place. At first, she agreed and followed me with her car but then 5 minutes later called me and said "My cousin needs help with something" which was 90% probably BS and she drove away. Oh and before she agreed to come over, I said "Don't worry about anything happening tonight, I just want to chill" to which she replied the trademark phrase "Oh, I'm not that type of girl" LMAO. She definitely backed out as she didn't want to appear too easy.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That would make a lot of sense. I remember bedding this one chick on the first night after meeting at a bar. I tried getting her out again but she was reluctant and would take 1-2 days to respond to each message. Then I finally got her to become a solid plate for a while.

Something similar happened on a date a few weeks back. We had our day #1 at a bar and after 2 drinks and like 2 hours of conversation, I suggested we have some wine at my place. At first, she agreed and followed me with her car but then 5 minutes later called me and said "My cousin needs help with something" which was 90% probably BS and she drove away. Oh and before she agreed to come over, I said "Don't worry about anything happening tonight, I just want to chill" to which she replied the trademark phrase "Oh, I'm not that type of girl" LMAO. She definitely backed out as she didn't want to appear too easy.
'The trademark phrase' haha I love that.