Creative way of getting phone number of someone you already know?

PhX

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I usually have a group of friends I'm hanging out with and ever-so-often they invite someone new to hang out with us/party. There is this girl that I just met a couple weeks ago and I've only seen her maybe 2 or 3 times but she seems cool and I'm interested in getting to know her more. I've talked to her a few times and I'd say we're friends.. definitely not strangers.

My question is what's the best way, in this situation, to get her phone number?

Just asking for it ("What's your number?"), seems boring and kind of desperate. I'd like something where I'm not just asking for her number, but asking for it with a purpose, but not generating interest bluntly. Something like "Hey, we're doing so and so on this day and if you wanna come that's cool" "give me your number and i'll let you know what's going on for sure" or something like that.

Or another thing is I overheard when she was talking to another guy that her phone got messed up and she lost all her contacts, so she doesn't really have many at the moment. I'm sure I could probably bring this up.. anyone have any good C&F lines I could say to get mine in her contact list?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is what's most fun about it.

flirt with her, get her interests way up...

you: look, if you can do this small favor for me, i'll give you something that will totally benefit you.
her: sure
she throws you trash away or something while you go do something else a little bit further away.

after she looks for you and finds you...
her: okay, now what?
you: thanks, i really appreciated that.
hand her a piece of paper and a pen
you: you totally will not regret it.
her: what? :confused:
you: well? write down your number.

you have to be a person that can come off ****y and confident, but totally playful.

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All you have to do is have a reason to get her number. Or you could just be direct. If you know them well I don't think they'd risk making it all awkward by saying no.

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would go with having a reason to give her a call. If you two are cool, then she's probably wondering why you haven't asked for it yet. I ran into a situation like this. The girl ended up asking my friend why I didn't ask for her number.

"We're all cool and are always hanging out with eachother. How come he doesn't ask for my phone number so we can call eachother whenever we go out?"

Definately stupid on my part for not having asked for it before, but I was in a zone where I enjoyed just hanging out and if I ever needed to contact her to come out, I could tell my friend to call her up. That was never the case though. Anytime I went out, she just happened to be there.

Simply tell her that she's cool and that you two should hang out again sometime. Then TELL her to give you her phone number.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Act so nonchalant that your not even sure if you already have it... like your supposed to already have it by now

"hey, i have your number right?"

that's what i usually do and it works every time

J-Bone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and some friends went to a party and pretty much stayed the life of the party the whole night. and this girl who was there added me the next week on myspace so i sent her a comment and it went something like this. (bear in mind the fact that i didn't even talk to her that night but I was real good friends with her friend she came with)

Me: whatsup you... i know you

Her: hey:)
i know you too!!
hhaha.
i seen you the other night!
how are you?

Me: im great.. this weekend was
pretty crazy...we stayed up
til 6 that night or morning...
what ever happened with the
cop business they were talkin bout?

Her: i have no idea, i guess eveyone
was staying put. considering
everyone there was either
high or drunk!! haha

Me: yeh and we ran outta beer but
we found more at jackie's :D
glad to hear y'all made it out
ok *thumbs up*

Her: so when will i be seeing you again?
yall kept me entertained. next time
we deffinately have to find some more
glow sticks and techno cds!!

Me: next time let me know and ill get
a strobe light :D then well throw a rave.

Her: haha hell yeah! we can show everyone
how to really throw down;)

Me: oh.. no doubt you know we will...
message me your number and we can talk
about it, do you have textin?

Within less than a minute she already sent me the number ;) The idea of this is just to be natural and don't sweat it but don't end up talkin to long before getting the number. Like i said earlier i never talked to her at that party before so these words are the only words i said to her before i got her number. You're welcome :up:

Skydiver43127

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get your priorities straight. You do not need the number, you need her commitment to going out with you.

"Hey, you want to get together for a coffee sometimes?"
"Sure/whatever"
"Cool. Give me the digits and I'll call you"

I used the "I have your number, right?" in the past, but usually the girl does not know if I have her number and this puts me in a stupid position having to pretend to check.

J-Bone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Skydiver43127 said:
Get your priorities straight. You do not need the number, you need her commitment to going out with you.

"Hey, you want to get together for a coffee sometimes?"
"Sure/whatever"
"Cool. Give me the digits and I'll call you"

I used the "I have your number, right?" in the past, but usually the girl does not know if I have her number and this puts me in a stupid position having to pretend to check.

haha coffee............:moon: plan something more....... not so 1973 like hey me and my buddy are going to be watching the georgia game friday, but we're going out to eat after that his girlfriend is meeting us and it's gonna be awkward with them and just me you should go. besides we're going to the mall afterwards and then to the bar and it'd be such a shame to know we were having all this fun without you.

it works when you have a sharper plan

Money2burn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just imply that she.... "Should give me her number"... I don't really ask for it. I basically tell her that ... "we Should hang out sometime and get to know each other"...

After that a lot of times... i'll be like. "You got a cell phone or something?" she'll give me her phone... and I'll put in my name and number. I like to also just take a second .. and see if she presses send. so that i can have hers.

So far for me ... it never fails... she always does. My problem with this is i have a **** ass memory and my game sux when i drink too much... so i'd wake up in the morning remembering a girl that i'd really want to hook up with and completely forget her name.

SO MAKE SURE TO SAVE HER NAME ON YOUR CELL PHONE. Especially if your going to pull more than one number. duh!

Then on da phone i brag about how good of a cook i am... Invite them over for dinner... and then we end up having some drinks and doin the horizontal hokey pokey!

Red07

Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
Act so nonchalant that your not even sure if you already have it... like your supposed to already have it by now

"hey, i have your number right?"

that's what i usually do and it works every time
I second

The best way to get a number off any girl you've met before

Moonlight

Banned
Reaction score
Is she giving you attention? If so, go for the number with the "I have your number" stuff that was suggested. Otherwise, go for the mutual interest. If she was luke-warm, the mutual interest might change her view of you. ;)

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red07 said:
I second

The best way to get a number off any girl you've met before
I third that. The rest of the replys are really lame, don't do them.

mrblue

Reaction score
I like the direct method. If you get sneaky, get their number and then call they might remember how u got it and think that you were being sneaky. If you just ask for it and they give it to you at least they will know what to expect when u call.

Skydiver43127

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it really that hard to say "Hey, I don't have your number..." ???
It's hard for him, because he's afraid from the answer. By the way, the high energy "blablablablabla" J-bone is proposing might increase attraction and work too, since it sounds sincere, but only if you're an energetic fellow and you really make all these complex plans. The general idea is that she already knows if she's attracted to you, so it's only a matter of you asking in a normal way that does not come off fake or sleazy.