Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creating an Interesting & Awesome Life

L16

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see this idea of creating and living an interesting and awesome life thrown around a lot on sites like this and in other articles/forums. But people never really get into specifics or expand on this.

It's become apparent to me that this is by far the most important thing to living a happy, content, confident, fulfilling life.

Without even really knowing it, I was living a miserable depressed life. A girl I was in love with, and claimed was wildly in love with me, dumped me out of the blue. All of a sudden I questioned everything about myself, my life, couldn't stop ruminating, became completely miserable and depressed.

Recently over the last few months, I started training for a triathlon, reading again, taking singing lessons, playing guitar and piano again, training jiu jitsu, cooking, going to therapy. As soon as this quarantine is over I plan on taking up boxing also. I'm not quite where I want to be emotionally and mentally but I am so much better than I was post break up and I think molding myself into a better man than I was before meeting my ex.

Before my ex, all I had was a job I hated, I'd come home, hang with my roommate, order dinner and repeat. Go out on weekends with friends. Would work out routinely for 3 month periods before injuries would force me to stop. I didn't have anything else going on in my life really.

But even with all of this going on in my life and feeling good about it, I still don't feel like I'm living this amazing awesome life. A life that somebody would be excited to be a part of and want to join me on my path. All of the things I'm doing seem very much like things only for me.

So what kind of things do you do to create a life that is exciting and interesting?

What makes your life and path so amazing and interesting?

Last edited:

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Progressing in your passions and repeatedly ripping yourself apart to build yourself back up stronger in every endeavor is a lifestyle. There is no one magic thing that will make you feel whole, no ending. You must push yourself while at the same time being content with who you are right now. Otherwise you'll always feel that your goal is just out of reach. 'if only I do this, if only I change that, I'll feel better.' you should do those things because you enjoy challenging yourself, whether you fail or succeed and the emotions that spawn from those events are simply useful feedback to make your next attempt a little better.

Own yourself. Own your mistakes, your past, and own your failures. The only thing you need to overcome in order to feel whole is the idea that the remedy is outside of you. It's within. The external landscape will change endlessly, own that.

To use a poker analogy, don't be afraid to risk it all, lose, and start from scratch. Push, take calculated risks, and never take losses personally.

Fall in love with your passions. Let your pursuits be something that benefits you and your fellow man. Sharing your abundance with those that deserve it, that should be your purpose.

Terminus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey L16, I'm in the same situation, my GF dumped me out of the blue in November.

Recently I've tried to make my life more interesting, I've made a bucket list of things that I want to do before I die.
Some adventures I want to live.
I think you should do the same and look at you bucket list everyday to remind you of your "goals".

The thing that makes my life interesting is traveling in different countries, not just to visit but to meet people and work or volunteer in those countries.
That way you are sure to meet people and to live some adventures that are gonna give you some good stories to tell.

Also music is really important, I play bass and it allows me to connect on a really deep level with people and sometimes make good projects like having a band or just jamming with people.

I'm also curious to see what other DJ's do to make their lives more fun.

L16

Don Juan
Reaction score
Progressing in your passions and repeatedly ripping yourself apart to build yourself back up stronger in every endeavor is a lifestyle. There is no one magic thing that will make you feel whole, no ending. You must push yourself while at the same time being content with who you are right now. Otherwise you'll always feel that your goal is just out of reach. 'if only I do this, if only I change that, I'll feel better.' you should do those things because you enjoy challenging yourself, whether you fail or succeed and the emotions that spawn from those events are simply useful feedback to make your next attempt a little better.

Own yourself. Own your mistakes, your past, and own your failures. The only thing you need to overcome in order to feel whole is the idea that the remedy is outside of you. It's within. The external landscape will change endlessly, own that.

To use a poker analogy, don't be afraid to risk it all, lose, and start from scratch. Push, take calculated risks, and never take losses personally.

Fall in love with your passions. Let your pursuits be something that benefits you and your fellow man. Sharing your abundance with those that deserve it, that should be your purpose.
I totally agree with this. I'm not searching for a final piece to the puzzle.

I'm finding the mental and physical challenges of everything I'm doing to be the satisfying part of it all.

Making it through a long bike session or getting my ass on the mats to train jiu jitsu to learn something new. I get its the challenge, pushing myself to do it, persevering. It's the journey. The process. Every day I'm pushing myself to do something and even if it isn't the best session or a big victory, I still remind myself I did something great, and progressed, learned, pushed myself, accomplished something. That self talk, the small pats on the back, have been a big help in rebuilding myself.

Just looking for some inspiration and ideas to continue to add to my life.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this thread cuz it shows you are putting in the work to self actualise

I'd suggest approach women, it's a numbers game, massive number approach, **** me or gtfo, get plates spinning, focus on your own life

women are complimentary and should be given attention only for good behaviour, otherwise you're busy in your own growth

I have HABITS

I do the same thing everyday, it works for me

Cook my own food
Lift weights
Code/Work
Clean up/Groom myself
Read a book or some interesting articles
Approach 3 women I find cute

I do this everyday, I have no fvkks to give to the noise

Serenity

Reaction score
But even with all of this going on in my life and feeling good about it, I still don't feel like I'm living this amazing awesome life. A life that somebody would be excited to be a part of and want to join me on my path. All of the things I'm doing seem very much like things only for me.
It's your need for approval that is your problem. The specifics of what to do is rarely mentioned because frankly it doesn't matter that much, it's not the point. Your hobbies aren't meant to be an instrument to woo women, it is supposed to be for yourself. Someone else may be interested in what you do, but that shouldn't be the reason you do it.

The most important thing about it is to not only stay at home, go to work and repeat. Whatever else you do is really a matter of personal taste. If you start doing activities only because you think it would impress others then you'll be disappointed.

Also, having a bunch of hobbies doesn't attract by itself and it's even selective so only some women might be interested in what you do. What I'm saying is that it's not a magic pill, it's just the basics of not being a no-lifer.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So my question is are you trying to be authentic to who you are while doing this or are you just trying to do it for show? If you are doing it for show it's not going to work.

L16

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought the thread would be a good idea to motivate and inspire guys on the forum.

Maybe somebody mentions something that they do and I or somebody else on this forum says wow that sounds awesome and tries it out and makes it part of their life too.

I personally do these things for me and not to impress anybody. I started jiu jitsu because I had always thought it was interesting and pretty bad ass and knew it would be an awesome workout and something very technical to learn. I started taking singing lessons because I already played guitar and piano and always thought my voice had potential and so instead of just wondering I said **** it lets see what I can do here. I started training for a triathlon because I've had to either stay out of the gym or am very limited in what I can do due to an injury and wanted to get in shape. My friend asked me to do a half marathon with him so I said sure and then thought hmm what else could I do to push this to the next level while I'm already training?

Like I said above, taking on all of these things have been immensely beneficial to my life. I feel better about myself and what I am doing in a long time and plan on continuing doing these things no matter what.

I'm looking to work on myself, work on my life, push myself, improve and continue progressing. I know that I need to love myself and my life and that's what I'm working on.