Creating a strong sense of self?

Gameplayer007

Don Juan
Reaction score
*For a quick disclaimer, I've decided to go on a hiatus concerning dating and just focus on myself and my life*

Having said that, I have a question for all you out there. What's a great way to build and create a strong sense of self? Maybe even a mindset where you are truly confident in you and your skills, regardless of the situation? Currently pursuing different goals for my life ranging from career, financial, and health. But I want to start a discussion going on how a person can develop a strong sense of themselves as they go on pursuing any goal or objective in life. So, how do you (or did you) create a strong sense of self that achieves goals?

Theoneaboveall

Don Juan
Reaction score
*For a quick disclaimer, I've decided to go on a hiatus concerning dating and just focus on myself and my life*

Having said that, I have a question for all you out there. What's a great way to build and create a strong sense of self? Maybe even a mindset where you are truly confident in you and your skills, regardless of the situation? Currently pursuing different goals for my life ranging from career, financial, and health. But I want to start a discussion going on how a person can develop a strong sense of themselves as they go on pursuing any goal or objective in life. So, how do you (or did you) create a strong sense of self that achieves goals?
Great question,and I doubt we will get many( or any) replies.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Confidence is created by doing. It's that simple.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great question,and I doubt we will get many( or any) replies.
True. That's unfortunately the state we're in right now. On a philosophical level non happens.

Chime into my handsome man thread. https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/handsome-man-game-not-as-positive-as-you-think-it-is.281804/

The reflection in the mirror never lies, but your own mind does..

I'd even go as far as making a list of the qualities you have. Take your time. But make sure you are hyper aware of yourself and the way you present yourself to the world.

Any man can be at a COMPLETELY different place in two years. A man whose lonely today can have a family of 4 within two perhaps three years. A different income, physique amd most importantly mental state.

We as man barely get compliments from the world. So you gotta compliment YOURSELF. The most important validation should indeed come from the mirror.

Theoneaboveall

Don Juan
Reaction score
True. That's unfortunately the state we're in right now. On a philosophical level non happens.

Chime into my handsome man thread. https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/handsome-man-game-not-as-positive-as-you-think-it-is.281804/

The reflection in the mirror never lies, but your own mind does..

I'd even go as far as making a list of the qualities you have. Take your time. But make sure you are hyper aware of yourself and the way you present yourself to the world.

Any man can be at a COMPLETELY different place in two years. A man whose lonely today can have a family of 4 within two perhaps three years. A different income, physique amd most importantly mental state.

We as man barely get compliments from the world. So you gotta compliment YOURSELF. The most important validation should indeed come from the mirror.
Okay,I get about complimenting oneself,but that's not enough to build a strong sense of self.
The question still remains.

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

A man with an impeccable sense of self comes from taking action and living though his own experiences and using himself only as a frame of reference. The world can say yes but if your experience proves otherwise you need to have the strength (sense of self) to say no if you don’t believe it. You get it through experience and that’s why getting girls is the best thing g you can do to achiev a strong sense of self

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay,I get about complimenting oneself,but that's not enough to build a strong sense of self.
The question still remains.
How can one have a strong sense of self if you cannot find it 100% within oneself?

If you wait for a stranger (woman) to do this you might end up in the infamous catch 22. She might as well never show up, thus you lived a life waiting to get validated.

You gotta validate yourself. As said after me, what you do and accomplish forms who you are. No way around it. Years of stagnation /procrastination/ waiting = so far removed from your true self it will be hard to even know who you are.

Mental ,financial, spiritual and physical health are all lifelong journeys.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another way to describe what everyone else is pretty much saying: complete and utter faith in yourself. Borderline clinical narcissistic faith and confidence that will probably come off as delusional to other people. The kind of faith that has you getting annoyed at people who don't see things the way you do, yet it's not worth it for you to try to explain yourself because you know things that others don't and actions speak louder than words (being able to not get into petty defensiveness is what will separate you from the socially uncalibrated that you see quite often on forums).

Practical ways to gain this type of faith and confidence? Regularly taking risks and doing the things that you're afraid of. When there's a small win involved, savor the moment and capture the high. Eventually, you'll get to a point where you just know that there are only 2 possible outcomes at all times: everything will turn out okay, or you will just straight up win. Even better, you'll get to a point where you see your own life as a journey and welcome all things and experiences with a certain calm and stop taking the results of things so seriously.