Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creatine?

Comic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably going on creatine monohydrate. It was recommended by multiple people. I just want to know is it true start looking bulky after just the loading stage? Also, I was wondering some methods you guys use when taking it. Methods meaning correct times to take it, correct amounts, should I take breaks from it etc...

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine acts as a cell volumizer so you will hold some fluid. You might notice a slight change in your look, and most users report a ~5 lb weight gain.

For monohydrate you will want to load. 5g 4 x a day for 5 days. Then 10g a day thereafter. take it with juice or gatorade as a carbohydrate will help you assimilate it faster. Stay hydrated while on. Creatine has been proven and re-proven safe and effective so dont listen to any BS that it will harm your kidneys, liver, etc.

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget everything you heard about the "loading period".

Just take normal dosage from the start. 5g a day.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine is great, you don't need to load excessively a teaspoon a day on training days will do. It will give you good lean muscle if your diet is good and your training is plugged in. Jack 3d which contains creatine is really good too.

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
EvilAgenda said:
Creatine is great. It's the way to go. Safe for kidneys, make sure to drink plenty of water.

I do one scoop of Fruit Punch Creatine with 1 cup (8-10 oz) of water. It tastes great. I consume it immediately after the work out.
This is what I do during the bulking up stage, I take one scoop before, and after my workout.

Re-ac-tor

Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the preggo look off Mono, so I take concentrated creatine hydrochloride.

I like it, as the Geranium and Beta-Alanine are bonuses.

Comic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm going to start it in September. I'm looking to put on 15 lbs by Christmas so hopefully creatine can contribute to the effort. When do I take protein shakes when I'm on creatine? Currently I take them after workouts, but I was planning to take creatine after workouts...

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ciel said:
Do you actually know what creatine does, btw?
He seems to think it's some miracle substance.

OP, creatine is a cell volumizer and it helps you add a rep or two to heavy exercises. It adds a bit of extra "energy" in your muscles after the ATP (the energy "currency" molecule in the human body) reserves run out. The CTP reserves take over until they also run out.

Creatine is already found in the muscles. Supplementation helps you add some more.

Comic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
He seems to think it's some miracle substance.

OP, creatine is a cell volumizer and it helps you add a rep or two to heavy exercises. It adds a bit of extra "energy" in your muscles after the ATP (the energy "currency" molecule in the human body) reserves run out. The CTP reserves take over until they also run out.

Creatine is already found in the muscles. Supplementation helps you add some more.
Not at all, I was looking for something to give me an extra boost when working out. Maybe something to add a couple pounds and get me closer to my goal.

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
... Creatine won't add a couple of pounds of any substantial form lol.

U

user43770

Ciel said:
... Creatine won't add a couple of pounds of any substantial form lol.

With the extra intensity he'll get from the creatine, it's very possible that it could help him to add muscle that he wouldn't otherwise have had. Also, he didn't say the weight had to be muscle; nothing wrong with a little water weight. Though, I do agree that the original poster should keep his expectations within reason. Creatine isn't exactly a wonder drug.

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but I'm saying creatine won't actually give you jack if you don't know how to utilise it. Some people go on creatine and then try to bench 10kg heavier than they normally do, which isnt gonna go anywhere.

Volume, not mass. Keep that in mind OP.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL "C4 Extreme" by cellucor before your workout. It's creatine, no lame ass loading stage. You only drink it before you hit the gym it's a beautiful thing. I swear by that crap and I will always make sure to have some of it on hand even when i'm off it for special occasions, diving etc...

What I have felt creatine do is that it prevents your muscles from fatigue. So you get bigger because you can work out harder, longer...

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I start taking creatine?

Well alot of guys around here advocate creatine consumption for muscle gain/strength. Right now I'm kinda unsure whether I should be taking creatine when I just started lifting (2 and a half months ago.) I need some opinions from the veterans here :rock:

U

user43770

Sure. Just be sure to work hard, eat well and get enough sleep. Oh, and drink a lot of water.

Bradenn

Reaction score
You can also use salmon fish this way because you can also find creatine in its meat.Creatine can also be found in red meats and tuna. However, it is not a good idea to eat an excessive amount of red meat due to its high saturated fat and cholesterol content.