Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creatine

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Currently I only take whey protein, but now I want to start taking creatine.

I don't know much about it. My questions are:

1) Any suggest brands to look for, or a specific quantity of grams a scoop should have? Suggestions to where I should buy?

2) How often do I take it? Once, twice a day? On workout days, take before working out?

3) 17 yrs of age, that's ok right?

4) Lastly, I read somewhere before that you shouldn't start on it until you have trained for some time. I'm only in my 2nd month, is it fine to start?

Anything else would be appreciated that I should know about. Thanks in advance :)

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3) That's fine.
4) It's fine to take it now.

My issue with creatine is actually taking it. I need to dissolve it in a drink, and it's an effort making hot ribenas so I tend to just not use it haha. Not like I pay, comes free with my whey.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
buy yourself come CEE in cap form, take 6g of it a day turns out to be 8pills with the creatine i have from discountanabolics.com

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
buy yourself come CEE in cap form, take 6g of it a day turns out to be 8pills with the creatine i have from discountanabolics.com
I'm a little wary of pills. I prefer powder form (and it's hard to change my mind about that).

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take it in powder form straight from a spoon. I can't even taste it. I haven't noticed a huge increase using it, but a little.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you spoon it into your mouth and wash it down with a non-acidic drink. I went from 155 to 162~ish in a week or two. I almost drink 2 galleons of water a day.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm so is creatine okay to mix with orange juice? why would an acidic drink be bad?

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is significant debate over whether citric acid degrades creatine into creatinine, which is useless to your body. I've found sources citing both yes and no. However creatine is best taken with carbs, a drink with a high sugar content in order to have an insulin spike. Grape juice is reccomended but I take it with dextrose which has worked much better for me.

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine with water will be fine enough right?

That's a pretty impressive gain Heart Break Kid :)

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spoon of CEE + water + swallow

it takes like 2 seconds.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Only take creatine once you've reached a plateau.. its natural in your body, yes, but give your body a chance to naturally develop to a plateau, then start with the creatine.

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
Only take creatine once you've reached a plateau.. its natural in your body, yes, but give your body a chance to naturally develop to a plateau, then start with the creatine.
So I guess that's what they mean by saying get adjusted to working out first before starting on it, huh. Cool, thanks guys :)

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
I support that.

I never used anything else than whey & fish oil, and I've been lifting weights for 10 years.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ the Original Poster,

Focus on school first,at least eat half-assed(I know it's hard with school) and lift HARD and you'll see why you don't need to supplement. Save your money for your car or something,supplements mostly lead to frustration and an empty wallet.

Remember that most supplements are a placebo effect.

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
@ the Original Poster,

Focus on school first,at least eat half-assed(I know it's hard with school) and lift HARD and you'll see why you don't need to supplement. Save your money for your car or something,supplements mostly lead to frustration and an empty wallet.

I definately see where you are coming from, but not sure I agree that most supplements are a placebo effect... most being the key word there.

But.. there is an awful lot of crap out there and outragoues claims don't get me wrong... You have to be savvy about what you use and how you buy from for sure.

To answer the original posters questions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently I only take whey protein, but now I want to start taking creatine.

I don't know much about it. My questions are:

1) Any suggest brands to look for, or a specific quantity of grams a scoop should have? Suggestions to where I should buy?

** Stick to plain ole creatine monohydrate. Mix it with some fruit juice or a high carbohydrate drink. there are plenty of creatine supplements that claim science breaking transportation systems. Ignore them all, they are just carb mixes and other ingredients thrown in for a marketing factor. A good quality, creatine monohydrate supplement mixed with a high GI carb drink is spot on.

2) How often do I take it? Once, twice a day? On workout days, take before working out?

** Again, most supplement companies will suggest you load up. Its not that neccessary... Just take 5 grams a day... when is not overly important, after a work out on work out days and in the morning on non workout is fine.

3) 17 yrs of age, that's ok right?

** Yep, it should be fine, but I agree with some of the posters here that you shoould train hard and eat well and then throw in creatine if you feel you are stagnating.

4) Lastly, I read somewhere before that you shouldn't start on it until you have trained for some time. I'm only in my 2nd month, is it fine to start?

** It would be fine, but see my comment above.

Anything else would be appreciated that I should know about. Thanks in advance

** Do a little research before you use it, there are plenty of sites out there which explain wht creatine is and how it should be used.

Good luck.

Joe..

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
As you think, so shall you become.

Who cares how the effect happens as long as it happens?

"you're only calm because you took deep breaths." SO WHAT!

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
@ the Original Poster,

Well that's the point, I'm on vacation right now (til Sept), and I'm concentrating fully on myself (work part time as well but it's fine).

Thanks for clearing that up Joe, and thanks a lot as well Espi, but I don't think I will purchase that, too many carbs for me. Thanks for reminding me of the first week GNC thing, I found out about that before, gotta use it.

I think I'll wait until I'm done with my 2nd month (July) and start on it in August.

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Reaction score
CellTech is incredibly expensive, even if you manage to get an incredible deal it. Particularly considering it's not far off creatine and sugar.

Plain old monohydrate and dextrose (or another high GI carb drink) would be MUCH cheaper and will get the same results..

Ganji

Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine stimulates, in short, water-weight.

Your arms look bigger, you look buffer, but once you're off it for a month you'll notice serious loss.

For this reason I'd suggest that you stick with the protein shakes and develop somewhat naturally.