Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creatine vs. Whey protein

LaZaRuS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a football played and since it's the offseason I've been thinking about taking Creatine. I've been taking Whey every morning and after I work out. If I would start taking Creatine should I keep taking the Whey? Is Whey about as good as Creatine? I know Creatine is much more powerful, but I heard that once you stop taking it you lose a lot of what you gained. I also heard that you're not supposed to take it if you're in a sport. So wouldn't it be pointless for me to take it since I want to be stronger for football (since I'de quit taking it once the season started)? Any help will br great!

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of arguments about creatine on this board. I recommend you look at the creatine thread.

Whether you take creatine or not, keep taking whey. You need to load up on protein, and a dose of creatine is only 5 grams. It will help you in building muscles, but you still need to supply your body with the protein to assist this growth. Whey will help you with this.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to take protein while you're taking creatine. When your body wants to build muscle, it needs extra protein. It is true that you lose a lot of what you gain, but both the gain and the loss is mostly water. Creatine isn't a miracle drug.

Anyway, check out the creatine thread.

Melder

Don Juan
Reaction score
creatine gives you the energy to bust out and extra heavy weight whilst the whey protein help repair and build the muscle.

they do different things......

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in GNC for the first time today and took the employes advice about using both GNC pure Creatine and Pro Protien powder

I bought jug of pure ctreatine and GNC Mega Pro MRP which has 43g's of protein, 2 g of fat and 16g of carbs along with amino acids etc and glutamine which I was told repaires body tissue and is best used when you feel stiff the next day.

$125 dollars later and I'm good to go.

I'll keep you guys posted about the effects.

Elimidate

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
43 grams per serving? if you mix protein with milk you definitely dont need that much. i forget exactly how much it is but the body can only process about 35-40 grams of protein at a time. if you drink it with 20 oz of milk thats 63 grams and any extra protein just gets burned off like carbs. also remember that the guys at gnc will bull**** you to get you to spend more $. i highly suggest getting a recipe for peanut butter protein balls. not only do they have a lot of protein but they taste great.

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I never knew about the absorbtion because I'm new to this.

The guy did recommend taking just one scoop to cut the servings in halfs and was pretty helpful.

I try to stay away from a lot of peanuts due to the high fat they carry.

What's this receipt for peanut protien butter balls??

Sounds interesting.

Elimidate