Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creatine side-effects?

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As soon as i started creatine again i get this weird sharp pain one side of my stomach. People tell me its my kidneys having problem digesting it. But i drink like 5 bottles of water a day with creatine. anyone else have this problem should i be worried?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should go to your dr or a nutritionist and ask him if you should be taking it. some people may not be able to handle it no matter how much water they drink.

dont take anymore until you do for petes sake.

you dont want kidney or liver problems .

honeyshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
As soon as i started creatine again i get this weird sharp pain one side of my stomach. People tell me its my kidneys having problem digesting it. But i drink like 5 bottles of water a day with creatine. anyone else have this problem should i be worried?
Which side of your abdomen, left or right? Is it in the front or the back?

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's a sharp pain, I doubt it is the creatine. If you get muscle cramps, then yes it is due to it.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with creatine, but like with anything, if these pains coincide with taking creatine, stop it immediately!

Personally speaking, I think creatine is overrated. Well, it's certainly not essential to bulking up!

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its on the front lower left hand side. Ive been doing lots of research on this area, and it doesnt appear that there are any major organs in that area ( kidneys, liver,) i even thought it could be my appendix but that is on the right side. Ive also come up with the theory that this sharp pain could be due to my core workout, i could have torn something in my obliques?

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im ****ing scared to go to the doctor lol, he'll probably tell me to off creatine, or do a blood test or something. Im almost positive its a muscle rip or something, what else could it be to injure in that region? (lower left abdominal)

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone else found that taking creatine gives you a sore arse?

Like itchy.

And before anyone makes any 'hilarious' comments, its not down to anything else, I'm not that way inclined!

Reaction score
You guys DO realize that you need like 3-5g of creatine supplementation daily? Not only that, DID YOU KNOW?! That, you don't even need a loading phase!

That's right! You have been ingesting huge amounts of creatine in a futile attempt. The muscles can only absorb so much and the rest gets urinated out. Not only that, but if you keep ingesting such huge amounts, the body has a resistance to it. The transponder proteins that carry creatine inside the cells get worn out, used up. (The are only designed for so many uses ya know.) This means a decrease in creatine absorbtion until the body has enough resources to build more of those precious, precious protein carriers.

Summary:

3-5g
No Loading Phase
Go on and off the stuff to reduce your body becoming resistant to it.

If you no longer respond to creatine, you can keep shoving it in but with no avail. Take a break for a week or two and start again.

Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
im ****ing scared to go to the doctor lol, he'll probably tell me to off creatine, or do a blood test or something. Im almost positive its a muscle rip or something, what else could it be to injure in that region? (lower left abdominal)
Maybe you took a really hard crap.

Reaction score
Jariel said:
I've never had any issues with creatine, but like with anything, if these pains coincide with taking creatine, stop it immediately!

Personally speaking, I think creatine is overrated. Well, it's certainly not essential to bulking up!
It has its uses. Protein shakes and gainers are more essential, and if youve got some money to burn a little creatine can help too.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanx epsi, its definately the lower left hand quadrant, still dont see any organs it could be?? The thing that scared me is, where it sadi call 911 if u have a rigid abdomin that is tender to touch which is basically what i have

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok this is really bugging me, ive never felt this kind of pain before. The only thing making me happy is its definately not a vital organ, my mother suggested it could be a hernia? whatever that is? is this true? and if so how serious is one

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo... isn't creatine notorious for creating kidney stones!?!?
Thats why you have to drink butt loads of water, to prevent such a happening.

And...wouldn't the "lower left hand quadrant" qualify as THAT zone also?!

Dude... seriously check up on that. I never seen my pops break down and cry like the day homey had a kidney stone. Seriously, looked like one of the most excrutiating fvckin experiences ever. Check up on it!

You don't want to fvck your body up, just for the sake of bulking through a suppliment, that might be doing you harm. You can always get back on it, or just do it the natural way, protein and other supps.

In the meantime... drink fvckin obsene amounts of water. Might help clear whatever, and in the least... it will be a healthy thing anyways.

SuaveOn'
-DarkLight-

Reaction score
DarkLight said:
Yo... isn't creatine notorious for creating kidney stones!?!?
Thats why you have to drink butt loads of water, to prevent such a happening.

And...wouldn't the "lower left hand quadrant" qualify as THAT zone also?!

Dude... seriously check up on that. I never seen my pops break down and cry like the day homey had a kidney stone. Seriously, looked like one of the most excrutiating fvckin experiences ever. Check up on it!

You don't want to fvck your body up, just for the sake of bulking through a suppliment, that might be doing you harm. You can always get back on it, or just do it the natural way, protein and other supps.

In the meantime... drink fvckin obsene amounts of water. Might help clear whatever, and in the least... it will be a healthy thing anyways.

SuaveOn'
-DarkLight-
Creatine is creatine. Its like "Adenosine tri-phosphate. A high energy phosphate molecule required to provide energy for cellular function."

It gets used once that stuff runs out. Kidney stones are caused by MINEraL DEPOSITS in the kidneys. Hence the name STONE.

And you can't bulk on creatine. It has other uses.

But yeah, he should get it checked out anyways. And its also bad to drink obscene amounts of water, that washes out precious electrolytes. You should be drinking at least a litre of water a day and no more than 3Litres.

Or for you yankees here: 40oz min, 100oz max.

Now this is water, not pop, beer, milk, or any other fluid that contains water. Pure water.

Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
Go see a doctor.

Fix the problem. Then go back on the creatine after everything has healed.

Otherwise continue posting ****. Get lots of people's opinion about how you are okay... continue this way and see how much worse it gets. Mybe there will be lots and lots of damage cause you're too DAMN LAZY.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its not excruting btw, im just gonna go about my routine and not pay any attention to it, it only hurts if u touch it, ill ice it, hope it goes away, most likely a muscle

Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
its not excruting btw, im just gonna go about my routine and not pay any attention to it, it only hurts if u touch it, ill ice it, hope it goes away, most likely a muscle
Better hope so. If it doesn't see a doctor. If you don't want to see a doctor... I'm not even going to bother trying to convince you. No skin off my ass.

And it hurts when you touch it?! HAHAHAHAHA. When was the last time a muscle hurt when you you touched it. (besides when swelling really bad).

Think about it.

Last edited:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your dang appendix could be located on the wrong side.
they often find people have things in the wrong places , go see a dr.

iamzakaria

Reaction score
Espi said:
Well, the core muscles are inherently strong...you use them in all of your movements...so it's rare to hear of someone with a "torn" abdominal muscle...the site I've hyperlinked for you states abdominal pain can be the result of "the cramping of viral gastroenteritis." thus, cramping from creatine...perhaps?

I dug a little...you might wanna check this site out...

http://www.stomachpainafter-eating.com/
1 +