Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creatine Ethyl Ester

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear it's much better than monohydrate. I heard it tastes bad though. This question is to ppl who have tried it. What brand of CEE do you take and how's the taste?

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I use trueprotein's brand, its REALLY REALLY well priced, especially with a 5% discount ;)

The difference is really in the absorption rate and side effects. A lot of people have some nasty side effects with monohydrate such as bloating and diarrhea, and have to take the stuff in 15g or so to get a response. Some people don't respond to monohydrate at all (rare).

CEE absorbs better so you only have to take 5-6g a day, and MOST people have less side effects like bloating and whatnot. As far as effectiveness goes, it does the same thing as Monohydrate and you probably won't notice a performance increase unless you were a nonresponder to Monohydrate anyway, or you weren't taking enough.

it tasted awful for a couple months, but I'm used to it now. I usually take it in a small shot of water and chase with a protein shake or something. If you mix it IN a PWO shake with dextrose and stuff you can barely notice it. It's better than taking a shot of tequila or bad vodka though, that's for sure.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's better. There's no need for a loading period but it's definitely nasty (salty). Mix it with something that's not very acidic with a thicker consistency. A protein shake with an added banana works for me.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried every type of creatine there is,whether it be Monohydrate,Ethyl Ester and Kre-Alkalyn. I THOUGHT that they gave me that extra edge for a rep or two,especially with the Kre-Alkalyn! When I ran out of each I would stop taking them and NOTHING,NOT A SINGLE THING CHANGED=CREATINE DID NOTHING IN THE END. The creatine Mono I tried was by Muscle Fortress, and the Ethyl was by BSN and the Kre was by Physique Nutrition. The Ethyl tasted like a55,dont remember what flavor but it just crap. This is just my personal expierence,your could very greatly.

In the end nothing beats a solid diet.

Good Luck!

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have stopped taking Creatine last Tuesday. I had been taking it since Feb 6 so far I have not noticed any change in my strength but maybe have to give it time to get out of my system I don't know but if I start to feel a decrease in my performance I am going back on it if not I will stay with the Whey protein and diet.

I guess it is rare that Creatine won't effect a few but since I started back lifting and going on Creatine it is hard to tell if it's the Creatine or me and my diet.

I will see.

LoneSilver

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ryannath said:
I hear it's much better than monohydrate. I heard it tastes bad though. This question is to ppl who have tried it. What brand of CEE do you take and how's the taste?
CEE works for some people and MonoHydrate works for others.

Find out which works for you and use that. CEE is NOT better than MonoHydrate. In the end its all just creatine that enters your muscle. There is ONE form of creatine.

What you are paying for is the molecule that gets the creatine in the muscle. The carrier.

Different carriers work for different people.

This is creatine: http://www.moleculeoftheday.com/images/creatine-atp.gif

Bonus points if you can tell me what its doing in the diagram. Hint: Look at the ADP to ATP. What's that good for?

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think creatine increases your strength or what not. It simply superhydrates your muscles so that it can recover quicker and have a better pump...

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
CEE works for some people and MonoHydrate works for others.

Find out which works for you and use that. CEE is NOT better than MonoHydrate. In the end its all just creatine that enters your muscle. There is ONE form of creatine.

What you are paying for is the molecule that gets the creatine in the muscle. The carrier.

Different carriers work for different people.

This is creatine: http://www.moleculeoftheday.com/images/creatine-atp.gif

Bonus points if you can tell me what its doing in the diagram. Hint: Look at the ADP to ATP. What's that good for?
This goes for creatine AKG as well.

Look it up and see how it works (I dont mean you personally, I just mean people)

I would suggest the AKG personally, but its your choice and up to you.

True, as he said, creatine is creatine, and the thing about these NEW creatines is what is bonded to them molecule wise, and not the creatine itself.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flyer said:
I dont think creatine increases your strength or what not. It simply superhydrates your muscles so that it can recover quicker and have a better pump...

Creatine turns ADP to ATP.

ATP is the PRIMARY energy source of every single cell in your body. When you eat, the food is digested. Carbohydrates are broken down and turned into glucose. Glucose enters the cells and they each turn the glucose into ATP.

Cells cannot use glucose, so they must digest it and turn it into a usable form. ATP. (This is the energy currency of ALL animal cells.)

When ATP is used up, it turns into ADP. it no longer has the potential energy available. ADP is practically useless to cells. Its like an empty battery, but ATP is a full battery.

Creatine goes into the cell and turns the ADP back into ATP (the fully "charged" ready to use form). It gives you slighly more evergy. For most people its enough for an extra rep or two. Its not magical. Its biochemistry.

And about the PUMP. Creatine brings in water into the cells when it enters. So they get a little fuller. Not big deal though. You feel it more than you see it. Visually, you can barely tell the difference.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now on a note about CEE vs just plain monohydrate here is some info as follows...

In another twist to the creatine story, the buffered, so-called pH-stable (does not degrade in stomach, leading to higher bioavailability) creatine products have attempted to revitalize the market. Furthermore, creatine-based products without NDI approval, such as creatine ethyl ester (CEE), are purported to enhance solubility.

Problems related to the evidence behind these products' safety and/or efficacy have arisen, given no published data exist to support claims, such as it inhibits creatine breakdown in acidic conditions. There is also no evidence proving CEE or buffered creatines enhance performance and/or creatine retention beyond that of regular creatine monohydrate. Until these issues are resolved, consumer confusion regarding the effectiveness and safety of these products will undermine the industry as a whole. In essence, these issues could undo the strides the industry has gained from one of the most credible and scientifically valid ingredients the sports supplement market has produced.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flyer said:
Read the LAST sentence of my last post

...."one of the most credible and scientifically valid ingredients the sports supplement market has produced"

And that it is. You will find more studies on creatine than any other sports supplement, AND how valid it is as well. All you have to do is understand it. And all people used to say and still do, that dont understand it is.... It hydrates your muscles and makes them appear bigger. Its a little more complicated than that.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flyer said:
:yes: People typically expect creatine to do things which it isn't meant to do.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
:yes: People typically expect creatine to do things which it isn't meant to do.

Warning:
Creatine may have STEROID LIKE effects. You may take it one time and wake up HYUUGE the next day. This substance is barely legal.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
Warning:
Creatine may have STEROID LIKE effects. You may take it one time and wake up HYUUGE the next day. This substance is barely legal.
You know where I can get sum a dis CREATIN to make me HYUUGE? lol

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
You know where I can get sum a dis CREATIN to make me HYUUGE? lol

Go down south where they smuggle the creatine over the border.

Usually they do it like smuggling the cocaine cause they don't want to get caught.

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trueprotein has the best prices on this stuff bar-none as with most popular supplements. As to the taste issue, taking this stuff straight in powder form is comparable to swallowing gasoline. Either cap it, mix it with grape juice (I've yet to find a suitable liquid to dilute it with or mask the taste), or buy it in capsule form. Axis Labs CEE is the best capped CEE available for the price and you can buy it from bulknutrition.com.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
Warning:
Really? How's that since creatine is a naturally occurring substance.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
sarcasm doesn't always travel well online......
Shut up, fatty.

CEE ain't that bad, just sour. Sometimes I eyeball it because it makes me feel like a man.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Really? How's that since creatine is a naturally occurring substance.

Its a joke. For the noobies who want to get TOTALLY SWOOLE while taking supplements. Little do they realise that the word supplement comes from "supplementation", as in to make up for a defficiency. They base their entire fitness on whey protein and creatine hoping to get strong.

Doesn't work that way. Eating prperly and lifting big will help you way more than that stuff in the can (or syringe) ever will. That's just a lil' bit "extra".