Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creatine and kidney stones

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there any real relation about it?

I have kidney stones and Im almost sure its caused by uric acid. Idk if I use creatine it could increase it or be damageful for my kidneys.

Also if anyone have kidney stones and the use of creatine didnt interfere it wouls be good to hear your story.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a stone a year or so ago, mannnn that sucked. I tried to figure out if there was a root cause.. I know lack of hydration is a major one and I was drinking a lot of caffeine at the time.

Water water water.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a stone a year or so ago, mannnn that sucked. I tried to figure out if there was a root cause.. I know lack of hydration is a major one and I was drinking a lot of caffeine at the time.

Water water water.
Had two times, worst pain I ever felt.

I quit caffeine, and Im almost one year out of it. Drinking plenty of water, but Im very afraid of trying creatine and have some kidney stones crisis. Some people say when they start using it, they have it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Yes, it can cause it. You need to drink copious amounts of water while taking creatine or you could cause kidney stones to develop. I had to stop creatine due to a 10mm kidney stone. Not fun. Had to go to the hospital for it to be broken up. Peed blood for a couple of days too. Just eat more beef.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it can cause it. You need to drink copious amounts of water while taking creatine or you could cause kidney stones to develop. I had to stop creatine due to a 10mm kidney stone. Not fun. Had to go to the hospital for it to be broken up. Peed blood for a couple of days too. Just eat more beef.
Thats not good :/

Not getting close to that then. I had two times, didnt peed blood but the pain was horrible.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Have you seen a doc that’ll do sound treatments? Oxalic acid breaks up easily with them.

Are there any real relation about it?

I have kidney stones and Im almost sure its caused by uric acid. Idk if I use creatine it could increase it or be damageful for my kidneys.

Also if anyone have kidney stones and the use of creatine didnt interfere it wouls be good to hear your story.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine isn't really necessary unless you are a vegan or vegetarian. Red meat especially can provide an ample amount and you don't have to it eat daily.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had two times, worst pain I ever felt.

I quit caffeine, and Im almost one year out of it. Drinking plenty of water, but Im very afraid of trying creatine and have some kidney stones crisis. Some people say when they start using it, they have it.
How would you describe the pain? Was it constant? Anything you could take to make it stop or relieve it like ibuprofen?

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How would you describe the pain? Was it constant? Anything you could take to make it stop or relieve it like ibuprofen?
The pain will make you lose your vocal cords, and your surroundings deaf. Nothing can relieve it, but antispasmodics, narcotics, and NSAIDs can definitely help.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had to go to hospital, and took a heavy med for pain in bloodstream.

Man its so strong this pain that it made me nauseous. Its hard to describe, but its very bad.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been eating creatine daily in the form of red meat and dairy for years without issue, and take whey twice a day. Never heard of such a link.

Regardless I do have some stone breaker (chanca piedra) on hand if I ever have issues.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been eating creatine daily in the form of red meat and dairy for years without issue, and take whey twice a day. Never heard of such a link.

Regardless I do have some stone breaker (chanca piedra) on hand if I ever have issues.
Do pork meat have creatine too? Red meat here is too expensive for me to afford right now.

Im thinking about using whey protein, it used to gave me a good boost.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think there's any evidence of it. Creatine is the most well studied supplement by far, there's probably more data on it than there is on food. The only thing we don't know yet is if it can cause hair loss in men.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do pork meat have creatine too? Red meat here is too expensive for me to afford right now.

Im thinking about using whey protein, it used to gave me a good boost.
Believe so. Herring has the most per pound.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought creatine over a year ago but haven’t used it. My hair has been thinning and receding very slowly for the past 15 years. My hair is currently fine, it doesn’t look bad at all, I get a skin fade on the side and the top looks thick. Just not as thick and voluminous as in my heyday of 16-20 years old.

However I don’t want to tempt fate and start taking creatine and lose hair. I’ve been researching this on and off for a couple of years as I want to take it, but these no definitive facts either way, you can’t say it doesn’t effect hair loss.

Shall I just continue eating lots of protein? Is there creatine alternatives?

jafman

Don Juan
Reaction score
If Creatine causes kidney stones and hair loss then meat causes kidney stones and hair loss.
Flesh contains Creatine… it does not matter if you get your Creatine from meat or powder. What may matter is dosage.

point being there is little sense in stoping Creatine supplementation and then increasing meat consumption. Unless of course you need more protein….

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Creatine causes kidney stones and hair loss then meat causes kidney stones and hair loss.
Flesh contains Creatine… it does not matter if you get your Creatine from meat or powder. What may matter is dosage.

point being there is little sense in stoping Creatine supplementation and then increasing meat consumption. Unless of course you need more protein….
I think it's the dosage, so by eating healthy you will be getting enough creatine. My blood work showed high creatinine and protein, so for me personally overdosing on creatine may have negative effects. More research needs to be done on this.

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think kidney stones have more to do with ones genetic and hereditary susceptibility than external factors. Like the balding question that comes up very often here. It's just the way it is. <Insert problem> happens to you. Life is unfair. Accepting this, doesn't necessarily mean you've thrown in the towel. But it may mean you're mature, realistic, resilient and stoic.
Do I think lifestyle or diet changes can help reduce the impact of kidney stones, stave them off indefinitely or in some lucky cases, avoid it altogether? Yes. Is creatine one of the culprits? Possible. If you're susceptible to kidney stones; exercise the options within your power that may help to reduce/negate the pain.