Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crazy theories you believe in

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
- Living in north America will lead to mind control/castration/depression or schizophrenia eventually. Failure to comply will lead to imprisonment/isolation/suicide or character assassination.

- North America will eventually be run by militant women, gays/lesbians. Straight white men will no longer be accepted in the workplace, in parental roles or in culture unless they exhibit bisexual tendencies. Their opinions will be disregarded if not compliant with gay/lesbian/trans-gender/feminist/gender-neutral.

- Single Mothers will be celebrated and considered normal.

- Fathers will be made redundant

- Massive migration into the East.

- Macho behaviors in schools will be outlawed, corrected and cease to exist. Gender Neutral attitudes will be the norm. North American females will be indistinguishable from North American males.

- Problems will be blamed on straight males and male like tendencies. Delusional women will hold 'slut walks' and parades promoting promiscuity and moral decay.

- North America will become a Muslim ruled territory.
The highlighted points I agree with, and they show why I'm convinced we're moving towards a matriarch society.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
-If there was a way to be fully conscious all the time, we would always make the right choices.

- There's no right or wrong. Everything is neutral.

Sorry but when I read contradictions like this in any form of philosophy, I just brush the rest of it aside.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
I think we worship the Moon also. The days of full moon energize the Earth. Ifr you've ever worked in a hospital or law you will realize criminal activity increases significantly on full moon days.
Don't get me wrong, I think this is the best thread on sosuave in a long long time, that is a big statement, so congrats. BUT, when you state things which are untrue, it is hard to continue reading your posts in this thread.

Criminal activity does not increase on full moon 'nights'. Statistics proove it or so the ones I have read.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Right on guys, glad you all see this. Took me 35 years to figure that out...well, maybe 34. :) Life gets better once you do though, that's for sure. Keeps getting better.
Took me almost 30 and a period which bought my own mortality into focus. Indeed being happy is the ultimate goal and one major thing to get there is balance and mindset I think. :rockon:

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
I have some theories which, as crazy as they sound, I've come to believe in.
Most of them are based on the beliefs of ancient civilizations and on random realizations.

-I believe the Earth goes through “sleeping” and “awake” periods that last about 5000 years each (this is from Mayan beliefs).

-During the awake periods, the planet is very active. There is a lot of natural activity such as hurricanes, volcanos, etc. Humans exhibit super intelligence and greater physical strength. During the sleep period, consciousness slows down and less energy exists in the universe. Right now we're in a sleeping period. ( I base this on research that shows that we use our brain and our muscles at only 10% of capacity). This explains the pyramids and other unexplained structures, as well as the advanced astronomical knowledge of ancient peoples. Egyptians lived during the awake period.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10%25_of_brain_myth

And if you are one of those people that say they don't trust wiki:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=people-only-use-10-percent-of-brain

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- if you fart you gain weight!

I can prove that:
The density of air (N2 mixture with O2) is 1293 kg/m³ and of methane (CH4) 656 kg/m³. Your fart is a mixture of both, thus it's density is lower than that of air thus your fart will rise up into the air. Therefor when you haven't farted yet, there is a lifting force in your body, lowering your weight.

An analogy is that when you carry 50 helium balloon, you'll weigh less than when you release the balloons.

For the people who prefer math:
Because you're fart raises, its acceleration is in the opposite direction of your weight. Your weight is then mass* acceleration - mass(fart)*acceleration(fart).

This theory applies on earth in a non vacuum environment.

It was to entertaining not to post this and yes I thought of all this by myself, however I can't believe that I would be the first to prove this, somewhere on the net it's probably already proven :cool: .

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
-If there was a way to be fully conscious all the time, we would always make the right choices.

- There's no right or wrong. Everything is neutral.

Sorry but when I read contradictions like this in any form of philosophy, I just brush the rest of it aside.
Gold is never 100% pure, this doesnt mean you should throw all of it away.

There are many outside-the-box thinkers out there whose ideas have helped me attain powerful realizations. Many of these people have crazy ideas such as the existance of the Illuminati, and things like that, which I will never believe. Its up to each person to sift thru the contents and find what seems right for them.

I believe in the statements above because one is based on the plane of forms, it can ultimately be known as intuition, the other statement is purely spiritual. You did force me think hard about ths tho. Thanks!

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of the box thinking is one thing pure nonsense is another.

Super human strength in dire times is normally activated by a sudden surge of adrenaline into the body, it's related to the whole animal evolution we had where we would have to resort to "fight or flight" tactics which have enabled us to survive.

I do think you need to sit down and read up on your theories and read up on any counter theories and solutions they provide then make a sound judgement on them.

Most people take one side of a debate or theory and don't bother to find out the other side because it fits their general way of thinking.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
You are correct that methane is lighter than air. If you use the ideal gas model, it can be shown that a ratio of densities (at a given temperature and pressure) equals the ratio of molecular weights. Air has a molecular weight of about 29. Methane is about 16.

I think your densities are a bit high though. The density of air is something like 1.23 kg per cubic meter. Methane would be something like 16/29 of that number.

We would be crushed to death if air was more dense than water (~1000 kg/m3).

Credos said:
- if you fart you gain weight!

I can prove that:
The density of air (N2 mixture with O2) is 1293 kg/m³ and of methane (CH4) 656 kg/m³. Your fart is a mixture of both, thus it's density is lower than that of air thus your fart will rise up into the air. Therefor when you haven't farted yet, there is a lifting force in your body, lowering your weight.

An analogy is that when you carry 50 helium balloon, you'll weigh less than when you release the balloons.

For the people who prefer math:
Because you're fart raises, its acceleration is in the opposite direction of your weight. Your weight is then mass* acceleration - mass(fart)*acceleration(fart).

This theory applies on earth in a non vacuum environment.

It was to entertaining not to post this and yes I thought of all this by myself, however I can't believe that I would be the first to prove this, somewhere on the net it's probably already proven :cool: .

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
If air was more dense than water then any air in your lungs would be countered by the air outside your lungs. Therefore no crushing of the rib cage. Combine that with the fact that water is not compressible and most of your body is water and overall it doesn't make a difference what the density of air is.

However if air was more dense than water you would probably be able to swim in it or fly. Whichever.

GunzBlazin

Reaction score
That's a cool theory n00bPimp... sounds a little eastern-Indian, too. I just don't buy it, but it's a cool theory nonetheless. How do you reconcile global warming and nuclear arms proliferation with that theory? I'm kinda pessimistic when I think about these things.

Some crazy things I belief that I wish I didn't belief and that I just can't get out of my mind:

1. Global Warming. I read the reports. All scientific. I can't get around this one. Number one reasons why I don't want any kids.

2. God. The universe has to come from somewhere. Something had to design it before making it. That has to be god. But I'm luckily not religious or anything.

3. The Universe is Mental. Read this somewhere in a book about ancient Egypt. Makes sense to me. Matter is just a different state of Mind (God's mind.)

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
-The Sun rises from the east and, since the east is on the left, this signifies the awakening of consciouness, because it wakes us up in the morning. But this explains why spirituality is prevalent in the East. Because its on the left. This also explains why Western culture, the right side, has been in control of the world the past few thousand years, because we are in the “sleeping consciousness” period, where logic and critical thinking is prevalent. But thuis also means that we are motivated by instant gratification such as money, sex, and drugs. In the awaked period Eastern culture is in control of the world. The goal of people during this period is self-realization, rather than material possessions, and are motivated by big picture achievements.
But we made up the concept of east, west, north, and south in order to direct ourselves across the Earth. East could very well be what we consider the west, and then the sun would rise in the west and debunk this whole theory. East/west are not universal concepts, they're man-made.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhitePimp said:
But we made up the concept of east, west, north, and south in order to direct ourselves across the Earth. East could very well be what we consider the west, and then the sun would rise in the west and debunk this whole theory. East/west are not universal concepts, they're man-made.
Something strange about man made concepts is how they seem to be universally known by people who have never had any contact with eachother. For example the Zodiac signs. Many different cultures recognized either 12 or 13 signs. some used different animals for each constellation but even some constellations were the same in different cultures.
Now, if you look at a constellation its very hard to make up some image by connecting the stars. What are the odds of so many different cultures dividing the sky into the same amount of sections (12) and seeing the same images?

Last edited:

Mr. Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
I believe the Earth goes through “sleeping” and “awake” periods that last about 5000 years each (this is from Mayan beliefs).
Believe what you want bro, but just remember there is a reason why the Mayan's aren't great anymore. Didn't they practice cannibalism and other weird $hit? Just something to consider before you go off claim that this is true.

n00bPimp said:
Humans exhibit super intelligence and greater physical strength. During the sleep period, consciousness slows down and less energy exists in the universe. Right now we're in a sleeping period.
The part in bold contradicts the Law of Conservation of Energy. I don't even know where to begin with the rest so I'll just pretend I didn't read it.

n00bPimp said:
(I base this on research that shows that we use our brain and our muscles at only 10% of capacity).
What research? We hardly understand the human brain as it is. Each part of the brain serves a different purpose. It isn't just some memory bank or calculator, it regulates your entire body. It is absurd to say that we are hardly using it. As far as muscles go we don't have much of a need to be maxed out like an ape because intelligence trumps brute strength every time.

n00bPimp said:
This explains the pyramids and other unexplained structures, as well as the advanced astronomical knowledge of ancient peoples. Egyptians lived during the awake period.
So how do you explain the cars, trains, and airplanes of today? If we are asleep then shouldn't we be living in ditches and mud huts? Oh wait the ancients did that. People these days keep looking back and saying how great things once were instead of looking at the marvels of today. I'd much rather take a thousand foot building that houses the living, over a giant sand triangle that houses the dead. While it is true that we may never find out how the pyramids were made, assuming that they were some kind of super human would be like some one one-thousand years from now claiming that we were superhuman because we were able to harness electricity.

Also as far as their advanced astronomy goes, while they did have some insight, most was complete hogwash. I mean wasn't it the ancient Greeks who thought that a guy named Apollo drove the sun across the sky with a chariot? Just more things to consider...

To me it seems that your reasoning with this is backwards. You are trying to prove this philosophy of yours by elevating the facts that support it and ignoring the ones that contradict it. The problem with theories of history is that since you weren't there you can never be one hundred percent certain of anything unless you get your information from a first hand source. But even then it can still be biased.

n00bPimp said:
This is why ancient societies were matriarchies (female ruling) and modern societies are patriarchies (males rule).
This could not be further from the truth. I have never in my life read about any great matriarchy. They have always, since the dawn of recorded history, been patriarchies. The only female ruler I have ever heard of was Cleopatra, but she didn't create Egyptian Society. She merely adopted the thrown. Alexander the Great was the one who conquered Egypt, and she was a descendant (or distant relative or something like that).

n00bPimp said:
But this also means that we are motivated by instant gratification such as money, sex, and drugs. In the awaked period Eastern culture is in control of the world. The goal of people during this period is self-realization, rather than material possessions, and are motivated by big picture achievements.
:crackup: I'm sorry but I just couldn't help but laugh at that. In every text I've read on ancient civilization, whether it be eastern or western, wealth and sex have always been in it somewhere. Wait never mind, prostitutes and kings are relatively new to mankind...

n00bPimp said:
Do you guys have any sort of beliefs like these? I would also like to hear your perspectives.
You have heard my perspective.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Fantastic said:
Believe what you want bro, but just remember there is a reason why the Mayan's aren't great anymore. Didn't they practice cannibalism and other weird $hit? Just something to consider before you go off claim that this is true.
Their civilization collapsed just like every other great civilization. The Egyptians, Romans, they all collapsed. This doesnt mean they weren't great at some point.

The part in bold contradicts the Law of Conservation of Energy. I don't even know where to begin with the rest so I'll just pretend I didn't read it.
This is true. I will try to find another explanation of why the Sun and Earth are becoming increasing more active. But I think any explanation for this will be related to energy flow.

What research? We hardly understand the human brain as it is. Each part of the brain serves a different purpose. It isn't just some memory bank or calculator, it regulates your entire body. It is absurd to say that we are hardly using it. As far as muscles go we don't have much of a need to be maxed out like an ape because intelligence trumps brute strength every time.
I thought this was common knowledge. There are a lot of studies that have proven this. Then again, there have been studies that have also disproven it. However, a number of scientists do believe it. The research is on the internet for everyone to access.

So how do you explain the cars, trains, and airplanes of today? If we are asleep then shouldn't we be living in ditches and mud huts? Oh wait the ancients did that. People these days keep looking back and saying how great things once were instead of looking at the marvels of today. I'd much rather take a thousand foot building that houses the living, over a giant sand triangle that houses the dead. While it is true that we may never find out how the pyramids were made, assuming that they were some kind of super human would be like some one one-thousand years from now claiming that we were superhuman because we were able to harness electricity.
I'm not saying we're completely asleep. But these inventions, however useful, are destroying the Earth slowly through pollution and waste. Theres a documentary series called "The Pyramid Code". i think you can find it on Youtube. It shows how Egyptians were able to use aquafers to get electricity. This method was used by Tesla in the 1900's. But it didnt catch on because its free eergy and nobody found a way to profit from it. Also, poor people live in md huts today, this doesnt mean the ancients did it also. they actually lived in stone houses.

Also as far as their advanced astronomy goes, while they did have some insight, most was complete hogwash. I mean wasn't it the ancient Greeks who thought that a guy named Apollo drove the sun across the sky with a chariot? Just more things to consider...
Greek society started less than 4000 years ago. Well into the sleep period.

To me it seems that your reasoning with this is backwards. You are trying to prove this philosophy of yours by elevating the facts that support it and ignoring the ones that contradict it. The problem with theories of history is that since you weren't there you can never be one hundred percent certain of anything unless you get your information from a first hand source. But even then it can still be biased.
This is why I call them theories.

This could not be further from the truth. I have never in my life read about any great matriarchy. They have always, since the dawn of recorded history, been patriarchies. The only female ruler I have ever heard of was Cleopatra, but she didn't create Egyptian Society. She merely adopted the thrown. Alexander the Great was the one who conquered Egypt, and she was a descendant (or distant relative or something like that).
If you look at Egyptian Art from the 1st kingdom and before you will see that the women embrace their male partners, signaling their dominance over them. Such as seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/23941865@N02/2547655083/ and

:crackup: I'm sorry but I just couldn't help but laugh at that. In every text I've read on ancient civilization, whether it be eastern or western, wealth and sex have always been in it somewhere. Wait never mind, prostitutes and kings are relatively new to mankind...
Again, you're refering to recent history, which is the sleep period. Like I said, there's no recorded history from before the 3rd millenium B.C. Our only sources from this period are from gerogliphics and interpretations of art.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe in the Universal Law of the Jinx.

Universal Law of the Jinx
A jinx, in popular superstition and folklore, is:

• A sort of curse placed on a person that makes them prey to large numbers of minor misfortunes and other forms of bad luck;
• A person afflicted with a similar curse, who, while not directly subject to a series of misfortunes, seems to attract them to anyone in his general area.
• An object that brings bad luck.
• A common slang term used when two people say the same thing at the same time (said as a game amongst the young).

The superstition is also used when talking about a future event with too much confidence. A statement like "We're sure to win the contest!" can be seen as a jinx by tempting fate. After such a statement, failure would be ironic. For the human mind, the irony makes it all the more likely. This therefore brings bad luck: it is a "jinx". The event itself is referred to as "jinxed".

The Law of Attraction is diametrically opposed, and inversely proportional, to the Law of the Jinx. Thus they cancel one another out.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
I believe in the Universal Law of the Jinx.

Universal Law of the Jinx
A jinx, in popular superstition and folklore, is:

• A sort of curse placed on a person that makes them prey to large numbers of minor misfortunes and other forms of bad luck;
• A person afflicted with a similar curse, who, while not directly subject to a series of misfortunes, seems to attract them to anyone in his general area.
• An object that brings bad luck.
• A common slang term used when two people say the same thing at the same time (said as a game amongst the young).

The superstition is also used when talking about a future event with too much confidence. A statement like "We're sure to win the contest!" can be seen as a jinx by tempting fate. After such a statement, failure would be ironic. For the human mind, the irony makes it all the more likely. This therefore brings bad luck: it is a "jinx". The event itself is referred to as "jinxed".

The Law of Attraction is diametrically opposed, and inversely proportional, to the Law of the Jinx. Thus they cancel one another out.
I think this "Law of jinx" is the law of attraction, its not the opposite. I believe in the law of attraction too. i know people close to me who go from misfortune to misfortune, mainly health related. It almost makes you believe that someone put a curse on them. But this is nothing more than the law of attraction at work. Its sad because its such a powerful law that nothing escapes it, so its very hard for those who are not aware of it to stop it.

The statement "We're sure to win the contest!" will make you lose depending on how confident you are when you say it. Most people will not be confident when saying it. Usually, when you're very confident about something, you dont even think about it. You automatically believe it will be accomplished and just focus on the task.
What you are conscious of will manifest into your reality.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This discussion is really cool guys, but I just like Karate, Banging hot chicks, and Korean food.

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
If methane was more dense than air, my feet would smell funny...