"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Crazy, potentially violent B/F?

Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
All right, one of my better prospects came over tonight. I had a little kickback at my apartment, and we drank/smoked a fair bit. She was all over me, and I was balling it up with kino/C&F... but then my roommate came home, and upon seeing her, called me into the other room. He basically informed me that this girl's ex-boyfriend, who is crazy and violently jealous, would come after me if he knew I was spending time with this girl. My roomie seemed personally offended that I was trying to bone this girl, in light of her crazy ex-b/f. I figure either he's jealous or genuinely concerned.

Either way, I want to know what to do here. This is probably the hottest girl of all my prospects, my definition of an HB9, though she's not really relationship material, I don't think. I would really like to stick it to her, but I don't know what to do about this ****. Should I talk to this girl about it or just back off to save my ass?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Why are you giving a flip about the guy if she is seeing other guys when not around him?

Apparently he isn't really her boyfriend in her mind and your roommate is displaying insecure AFC behaviour in leu of this other guys insecure AFC behaviour.

I'd relax, I've been in the same position and if he comes around and starts causing problems calmly call the cops and don't bother him unless he bothers you.
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
On the other hand, there is a possibility that she could try to pit up up against the other guy. There are women out there who really seem to get a kick out of seeing two guys fighting for some messed up hard-wired feminine set of reasons.
 

Click Here

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2002
Messages
386
Reaction score
1
Location
Virginia Beach
hey im a violent and jealous ex bf :D haha or was at one point every HB9 is gonna have somebody whose really into them to the point of jealousy its just somethin u gotta deal with. if the guy comes after you just be like dude do you blame me shes gorgeous i give u props for getting her. if that doesnt work whoop his ass, head butts are crucial and kness and bows :D
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
rgeere - You're right, he definitely isn't her boyfriend in her mind. Your words are comforting and appreciated though.

Click Here - This is a phenomena I haven't encountered yet, the HB9 with violent and jealous ex B/F attached. I feel better knowing it's something a lot of guys have been through. I just know that this guy's got some greasy connections... he's a dealer... and I don't want to get my ass knifed or worse. And trust me, no poon tang is ever worth that serious of a rumble.

You guys think I should talk to her about it at all? I really feel like she might give me some assurance either way.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2000
Messages
1,392
Reaction score
17
Location
LosAngeles, Ca. USA!
Your Roomate should...

Your Roomate should mind his own farking business concerning this. The girl is allowed to date whoever she wants unless she's married. If some ex-bf tries any violent she-ite, have him thrown in jail for assault etc.
The the ex bf, can be his new prison-cellmate's new gf!
If the ex bf, enters your home without permission,
two shots in the middle of his chest should rectify the problem.
In other words, refuse to be intimidated.
 

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Click Here
if that doesnt work whoop his ass, head butts are crucial and kness and bows :D
Yeah! Splatter his fuking nose!! haha.
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
I just know that this guy's got some greasy connections... he's a dealer... and I don't want to get my ass knifed or worse. And trust me, no poon tang is ever worth that serious of a rumble.

Part of loving yourself is protecting yourself. It's possible that this girl is far more trouble than she is worth considering there are a lot nicer hb9s out there without connections to hardened thugs and criminals.

If you honestly think that this guy is going to do something crazy that could possibly end your life or severly hurt you without ever having a chance to defend yourself you need to stop seeing this girl. She's not worth the trouble.

That's all up to you, though. You know the situation better than I do.



You guys think I should talk to her about it at all? I really feel like she might give me some assurance either way.


If you think she is worth the trouble, but if you arn't natural about being confident while speaking to her
she could see the fact that you are bothered by this as a sign of weakness on your part.


By the way, beware of advice given by insecure idiots who probably would act a lot diffrently taking they came to a similar situation or would do something unnecessarily stupid. Sometimes you'll find those sort of people on this forum.
 
Top