"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Cousin hooks me up...

Kendog

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Today my cousin gave me the screen name of his ex gf and I chatted with her for an hour. She goes to the same college as me and goes to my gym, I just havn't seen her yet in real life...

She sent me a picture and she's pretty cute, my cousin talked about having her bring me to a party since she lives in the dorms.

I said I go to the gym around 5-7pm and later she said she would be going to the gym at 6pm on wed, thurs.

Anyways the girls single and it has been 3 years since I've had a gf and had sex, I suspect I will be chatting with her again tommorow...

How should I approach this situation? Should I continue to use my cousin as a mediator and maybe have him arrange some kind of date? I havnt been on a date in years and years so I don't want to botch anything up.

What if I actually run into her in the gym and we recognize each other from the pictures? What am I supposed to talk about with a girl I pretty much don't know in a gym... hmm - maybe these things are best solved on my own? (can you sense how desperate I am?):eek:
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Have a 'gym' date and then take her out for a soda pop and ice cream!:)
 

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
8
Originally posted by Kendog
can you sense how desperate I am?
You're cousin hooked you up with his ex and your nervous, yes, I can tell. I personally stay off the ex's, thats my rule, even if the guys are "cool" with it. I don't know how much choice you have.

Go to this site, read whats called the Bible:
http://sucs.org/~nicholas/djb/index.php
 

Kendog

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
She wants to meet me at the gym at noon today. Now i've passed the point of no return, what on earth am I supposed to talk about at a gym with a girl I don't know? What do you suppose she expects of me/ expects me to do/say?
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Kendog
She wants to meet me at the gym at noon today. Now i've passed the point of no return, what on earth am I supposed to talk about at a gym with a girl I don't know? What do you suppose she expects of me/ expects me to do/say?
OMG!! OMG!! I'm going to be OUT! With a GIRL!! What will she say?! What will she DO!??!! What if I screw up!? What if she laughs at me! What if I'm too short!? What if my p3n!s isn't long enough!? OMG! OMG!!!

:rolleyes:

Close your eyes, deep breath, now open them.

She's just a girl. Talk about what yuo want to talk about. Who CARES if you don't say or do what she expects you to say/do? SURPRISE her.

You don't even KNOW this girl yet, you haven't even decided if she's good enough for YOU, yet you're all worried about if you're good enough for HER.

You're going to a gym...work out together! Show her technique. See who can stay on the treadmill longer. I dunno...just have fun.

She's just a girl. You don't need to change your behavior to impress anyone...just learn to be naturally impressive.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

DJnomore

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Play it safe

Don't look at her as a girl you are going to get with.

Look at her as the girl who is going to be your buddy and get you hooked upwith the girls you are going to get with.

That will do two things.

1) You won't freak out as much and be needy towards her.

2) She will be relaxed and you will maximize your odds with her because you won't be needy towards her.

3) You will set the ground work for meeting other girls through her. This is important she won't get an ownership vibe over you.

4) Using her as social proof will make other girls notice you more. Which will give you social proof from them and increase your odds with your cousins ex.

Its win win win if you can relax relax relax
 

Kendog

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
The gym thing isn't working, we just can't get there at the right times to see each other. She says noon so I show up at 1220 and she says she saw me across the gym but was just leaving. This morning I said I would go to the gym at 11am when she said she would be there, but I warned I may oversleep, which I did.

Should another time be arranged on AIM for the gym? I don't know how long it will be until she thinks it's just creepy and weird trying to meet a kid she doesn't know in a gym.

OR should I attempt to become a bit more involved with her on AIM and then ask her out on a kind of blind date? This way we'll meet and it WILL be a date, instead of "meeting in the gym."

OR should I just keep chatting with her on AIM and see if she continues to stay interested for a few weeks and then arrange a date?

I can just do nothing too and continue to chat on AIM, I could use some girl but can live without.. have for long enough already.
 
Top