Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Couldn't get her out for drinks...Why?

BULL3TPR00F

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was walking across the street and it started to rain. This hot girl next to me put her umbrella over me so I didn't get wet. I ended up talking to her and getting her number. I texted her the same day and we sent a few texts back and forth. She even initiated texts saying how we met under an umbrella. Two days later I texted her again and asked her to get drinks the next day. She said "sounds good to me I will let you know :)" ... She never texted me the day I wanted to get drinks with her.

I'm just getting back into dating and am rusty. What do I do now?

imarockstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish I could tell you, I honestly do. I am seriously considering online dating soon. Not some free or sleazy site, but a place where two people genuinely want to start dating and possibly form a relationship.

I would much rather let the flakes be flakes and wean themselves out. If something starts online, the worst that happens is we exchange a few emails and then maybe she just stops. Maybe we go on a date, and if it doesn't work out, then on to the next girl in line.

I am so over doing cold approaches, having them go well, getting the number, texting a few times but making sure to invite her out, all to have something happen similar to you, she will say she will get back to me or i will let you know tomorrow, then I don't hear a word from her. This has happened at least 4 times in the course of a month or two to me, and I'm done with flaky chicks.

The reason I think it will work out better online is because the girl actually took the time out to fix up a profile, pay the money, to self reflect in order to describe herself online. You know the girl on a subscription dating site is actually looking for a man. Some chick you cold approach could be the type that does not want a boyfriend, gay, in a relationship, or just looking for attention.

I do not live in a densely populated place, am in a small town, and I honestly do not see beautiful women everyday. If I lived somewhere where they were everywhere, maybe it would help but then I would still have to deal with the flakes. Finding a girl online in my opinion would help to narrow down and disqualify attention *****s. You will also come across women who live close but far away enough that you would probably never meet them.

However, you would have to be weary of the weirdos or ones with baggage that would probably come along with the online dating scene. Some chicks, as well as men, only have this vehicle to rely on. But there will be people like us who are just too busy or tired of all the BS.

I might get flamed up for suggesting this, but in my situation, where I am in this small town, and being as busy as I am, and not drinking alcohol anymore, its pretty tough to find women, and when I do, I usually find something I don't like about her and immediately next her because I am ridiculously picky, or she flakes. I am done playing games and would rather let technology find a girl for me, then take it from there.

I am definitely considering online dating soon, maybe you should give it a shot as well.

BULL3TPR00F

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny you mention online dating. I joined match.com and then deleted my profile after a month. The girls who contacted me were busted, didn't have a job, or seemed like a weirdo so I didn't write back to them (I am very picky like you). I went out on one date and didn't like her. I will give it another shot in a few months. I hope you have better luck than I did.

It boggles my mind why a girl would go out of her way to talk to you, seem interested, and then just flake. It gets me down every time it happens.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
You delete her number and find other women to date, is what you do.

↑↑↑↑↑ Thank you, sir. Listen to the man's advice.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
What do you do now???? NOTHING

She said she will "let you know". Just like when you go to buy something at a store and they're out of stock.. they say: "I will let you know if it comes in". So if they don't contact you.. that means you're SOL and need to look elsewhere. :crackup: :crackup:

As a man its only your job to INITIATE. You lead the horse to water. That is your only job. If the horse chooses not to drink then you shrug and find another horse.. you don't try to dunk its head in the water. That will just make the horse more resistant.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BULL3TPR00F said:
I was walking across the street and it started to rain. This hot girl next to me put her umbrella over me so I didn't get wet. I ended up talking to her and getting her number. I texted her the same day and we sent a few texts back and forth. She even initiated texts saying how we met under an umbrella. Two days later I texted her again and asked her to get drinks the next day. She said "sounds good to me I will let you know :)" ... She never texted me the day I wanted to get drinks with her.

I'm guessing she got caught up in the romantic moment of meeting some guy in the rain and all that fake azz mushy love schitt that is played out in every Hollywood movie scene involving a guy, girl, and the rain. Her hamster wheel went into overdrive, then as usual the romantic thought slips her mind as quickly as it entered and she is off chasing another fantasy.

You need to relegate this hooker to the back burner. You might take another crack at it in a few weeks and get lucky, but she's probably a flaker. I wouldn't waste my time.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
imarockstar said:
I wish I could tell you, I honestly do. I am seriously considering online dating soon. Not some free or sleazy site, but a place where two people genuinely want to start dating and possibly form a relationship.

I would much rather let the flakes be flakes and wean themselves out. If something starts online, the worst that happens is we exchange a few emails and then maybe she just stops. Maybe we go on a date, and if it doesn't work out, then on to the next girl in line.

I am so over doing cold approaches, having them go well, getting the number, texting a few times but making sure to invite her out, all to have something happen similar to you, she will say she will get back to me or i will let you know tomorrow, then I don't hear a word from her. This has happened at least 4 times in the course of a month or two to me, and I'm done with flaky chicks.

The reason I think it will work out better online is because the girl actually took the time out to fix up a profile, pay the money, to self reflect in order to describe herself online. You know the girl on a subscription dating site is actually looking for a man. Some chick you cold approach could be the type that does not want a boyfriend, gay, in a relationship, or just looking for attention.
Sir, the online dating world is no better. The same flaky girls that exist in real life, also inhabit the online dating sites! :eek: And just because they make a profile, pay money, and self reflect doesn't mean anything. A girl can get her money's worth from a dating site just by posting her pics and a few stupid lines saying how she likes to travel and loves her dog named Cocopuff. All of the male attention she receives will be worth the price she paid even if she never goes out on any dates.

You are thinking like the average rational male. That won't get you very far with women.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
What do you do now???? NOTHING

She said she will "let you know". Just like when you go to buy something at a store and they're out of stock.. they say: "I will let you know if it comes in". So if they don't contact you.. that means you're SOL and need to look elsewhere. :crackup: :crackup:

As a man its only your job to INITIATE. You lead the horse to water. That is your only job. If the horse chooses not to drink then you shrug and find another horse.. you don't try to dunk its head in the water. That will just make the horse more resistant.
Interesting way to look at it.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what the fukk I got opened by an umbrella girl back in taipei in 2008 -- contact her in a few days and spit more game, she might be going through her non s3xual period in her cycle or her bf might have been over, just keep it mackish and spit your game with her later on-- she might out being railed by others or she might accept your invite and join your team

imarockstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
So because I assume that something may be better when it is something that I have not experienced yet and you obviously have, makes me one who thinks like an average rational male? You know what, you're probably right. No matter what, I don't want to give up thinking that there are some decent women out there.

This website has opened up my eyes for sure about low quality women, and I noticed them and can screen them better now. I see the women who watch E! network 24/7, do nothing with their lives, and expect men to crawl all over them, which the average males will. However, a lot of folks on this board are borderline misogynists, using women simply for a quick fvck, and then that's that.

I still believe that I will find a good woman one day, I had one before I found this site, but I was too immature to realize just how good she was. They do exist. Not all women are the same, it's just that society is transforming a lot of their lifestyles and beliefs towards feminism. However, not all women are so easily swayed, and I have met a few women here and there that are genuinely cool, easy going, and don't believe in holding the cards, controlling the power in the relationship, or getting one over on you. 9 times out of 10 these chicks are taken and won't give up their boyfriend if they are really in love with him, which is great in a sense because I would expect that to be the case if I were dating them. Not all chicks are evil and not all of them are looking to fvck you over.

I have never tried online dating so based on the steps taken to enroll in such a service, my theory was that women would be a little less likely to flake. And I even wrote that low quality women and flakes would still be present in that type of atmosphere, except that I believed that flaking wouldn't occur as often. I never said it wouldn't at all.

Besides, it seems like a better route because you can be pickier and narrow down low quality women like I stated. If you see a dumb profile about a girl talking about all of the shows she watches and how she loves partying, then you promptly move on. It could take a couple weeks or a month and some money and time spent on dates with a girl to finally find this kind of stuff out. (Although you would spend money on the dating service, yet I am willing to bet it would be considerably less).

Average males think about one thing: pvssy, and they will do anything to get it in order to boost the quality of their shallow existence or cover up their insecurities, rather than living a purposeful and meaningful life. I have had plenty of sex, and am at the point in my life that I am looking for a quality woman to be in a relationship with. I have been making attempts lately, and it hasn't panned out due to my environment (mot plentiful enough), meeting low quality women, or simply me just blowing it. So I am pondering up different approaches, with online dating being one of them.

I was also suggesting to the OP that if he, like me, lives in a small town, this could help broaden his horizons a bit, although I do not know if he lives in a small town or not. Based on all of the above reasons, I suggested the world of online dating. So, after this unnecessarily long explanation, I wouldn't consider myself to be anything close to the average male, but whatever, broad statements from people who I don't know doesn't bother me. When you said average male it gave me a lot to write about, because the average male I know doesn't care about relationships, and if they were to use online dating like I suggested, it would be plentyofish or some other free service in order to get ONS's in order to avoid putting forth much effort.

PS. I find it wildly unlikely that a woman would pay money to enroll in a dating site in order to get attention. They get attention every time they leave the house. Unless she is disgusting, at least once during the day, a man will check her out. Also, to the OP bulletproof, you said on match.com that the women that contacted you were busted or weirdos. That's like a woman at a bar coming up to you, usually they are going to be fatties or busted. That's usually the natural order of things. However, if you approach them or seek the one you want out, then you get what you want. Most girls who approach you are either ugly, fat, slvtty as hell, or something else is horribly wrong with her. Most of the time.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
BULL3TPR00F said:

Ok, ball's in her court. Bad. Go spin more plates, you should be anyway. Your princess might be in another castle, so don't hold your breath. That "I'll let you know" to me is a sign to go ghost on her and up your options.

Women who are interested in you won't confuse you.

Case closed. Exit the courtroom.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
Can I just say this is one of the greatest posts on here?