could use a simple second opinion

BongDuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So i sit down next to this girl in lecture class and as i sit, i simply smile and she gives a shy smile back. i ask her what the lady infront of the class is lecturing about and she gives me a simple answer, followed by a question. i instantly feel a spark inside me, saying there is a chance she doesn't think im weird, so i continue to talk to her. before i can say anything, she is already chatting it up with me, asking if i take notes.

the whole interaction was very.. boring. nothing sexual, really. maybe a little bit of joking about each other's heritage, because i find out shes greek and she guesses my heritages.

I honestly felt like she was practicing small talk on me or something, almost if she had her own Sosuave website for women, and was trying to make conversation with me. nevertheless, she kept the conversation going, asking me a lot of questions about myself. it was between her being really interested in me, or her trying to get better at small talk. either way, before class ended, i told her to put her number into my phone. as she punches her digits in, she says " Just so you know, i never pick up my phone."

I've never heard someone tell me that before, so i just asked " why?" she says she never checks her phone, and that she doesnt even check her voicemail. as she finishes punching in her number, she tries to call herself to get my number, and then asks me " do you check ur voicemail?"

She also didnt get my number yet, there was no signal in the class. I just feel so weird about what she said, its been on my mind for a while

Radharc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, don´t overanalyze, just talk to her again next time you have a class together, this time try to go into a sexual vibe.

If you let something like her little remark phase you and sent you into a spiral of overthinking, then you need to do some serious inner game work. Go read the Bible and the Book of Pook.

FreshMenTank

Don Juan
Reaction score
Spark up a more sexual vibe next time.

And just for the record you should try calling her anyway. And if she answers, use that to spark up a convo. Something like, 'there must be something you liked about me, You took time out of your busy schedule to talk to me' then carry on.

GOOD LUCK

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of women out there who just love to hear themselves talk.

Whether it is for approval from others or just plain habit.

Either way who cares. It's great practice for you. All that's left now is to start moving the conversations towards less serious and more joking, then ease it into being sexual.

And when she said she never picks up her phone it was simply just to cover her ass. She doesn't want to be seen as a b!tch if she doesn't pickup your phone call, so she just puts it out there that she may not pickup. Not typical, but sometimes you'll get that.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't really been able to sexualize conversations with random chicks at college yet...but I really think it's more important to just become comfortable socially with chatting up random strangers, including cute girls. Once it's a habit and you feel totally cool with it, then you can start working to build attraction.

Lol at the women's sosuave thing. Last year there was a girl who I was SO convinced was applying a bunch of tips from a magazine or something. She was being ****y & funny even though it seemed unnatural for her, conspicuously varying her texting response times, always waiting a couple days to text, trying to play hard to get even though she didn't seem to have any experience with guys before.

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a girl who isn't very social. Perfect match, because you aren't very social either. So do yourselves a favor: send her a short text message and invite her to drink something with you.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BongDuy said:
either way, before class ended, i told her to put her number into my phone. as she punches her digits in, she says " Just so you know, i never pick up my phone."
Next time someone tells you that, give her a big smile and say "Really? What a coincidence! I never call girls who don't pick up their phones! Thanks for your time." and walk away/turn around.

as she finishes punching in her number, she tries to call herself to get my number
One of two things: either she is moderately attracted to you and wants to have your number so that she sees it's you and picks up the phone OR (the more likely scenario), she doesn't dig you and wants to have your number so that she sees it's you and avoids your call. Because, you know, she "never picks up her phone."

Just for sh!ts and giggles, call her from someone else's phone or a payphone.

TheJazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree with vatoloco. If a chick said "Just so you know, i never pick up my phone. " to me, I'd take my phone back and say "Well, I guess I won't be needing your number then. See ya!" and walk away.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheJazz said:
If a chick said "Just so you know, i never pick up my phone. " to me, I'd take my phone back and say "Well, I guess I won't be needing your number then. See ya!" and walk away.
I like this one even better!

+1rep