"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Could a girl you already smashed tell you that she thinks you're attractive, but also says she's emotionally unavailable due to her ex be lying?

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
I already posted about this before.

She stalks my IG and responds to my stories, also wants to crash at my place for a student event happening later in the month.

She gives me strong eye contact, is extremely receptive to touch, but doesn't want to bang because she fears getting attached to me despite her ex still being in her life.

According to her, "D!ck makes everything complicated".
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
We met, hung out once and made out, second time hung out again and smashed.

Then for about 3 weeks she'd come over, we'd smoke together, hook up(but not fvck, she didn't let me do that again).

Every single time she initiated our hangouts. She'd text me all the time, come from across the city to hang at my place etc.

Then one day she wasn't as receptive as usual, then she told me about her ex and whatnot.

She's "single", but only sees us as either dating or being friends. Is she playing games or should I take her words at face value?
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Told you this before she actualy told you herself.

Best thing is distance at this moment, contact with her will only drive her away or make you enter the friend zone.


Get away from her for now man she will use you too feel better than throw you away.
She is not rdy for much right now, she is dmg good
 

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
Told you this before she actualy told you herself.

Best thing is distance at this moment, contact with her will only drive her away or make you enter the friend zone.
She talked about friendship, but while still maintaining that she's attracted to me. We're also both in a student organization where everyone knows everyone, and she says she wants to keep her romantic life outside of that bubble.

I've been keeping distance though, I only text her when she contacts me, and even then I'm not super eager or quick.
 

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
You just have to go with the standard rule of: Watch what they do, don't listen to what they say.

You'll never know her reasons. Some, all, or none of what she says could be true. But it doesn't matter because regardless of the reason, there's nothing you can do is there? If she says it's because of the student organization, would you really leave that organization just to see if it would cause her to date you more? What if she's lying about that? What if it's an ex that she's not over? You can't rationalize anything with her about her ex. What if it's fear of not being ready for the complexities of a relationship yet? Again, you can't rationalize with her on this subject to change her mind either.

A girl with high-enough interest in a guy will not care about an ex, a student organization, or the complexities of a relationship. End of story.

So to h3ll with what she says: Pay attention to what she does. If you like making out with her and fooling around with her and are ok with just doing that and not having full-on s*x then keep doing it. But don't get emotionally invested in her and don't stop seeing other girls. If you don't think you can handle those two things while seeing her then I suggest cutting it off.

From what I see, it sounds like medium interest that isn't growing, and she's biding her time until someone who really knocks her socks off comes around. She could be pining for her ex to come back, or even banging her ex now. Bottom line is don't get emotionally involved in her and keep dating other women because this one has almost no chance of leading to anything from what I see. You are definitely doing the right thing by keeping distance and not being overly eager or responsive with her, so good job on that.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
You just have to go with the standard rule of: Watch what they do, don't listen to what they say.

You'll never know her reasons. Some, all, or none of what she says could be true. But it doesn't matter because regardless of the reason, there's nothing you can do is there? If she says it's because of the student organization, would you really leave that organization just to see if it would cause her to date you more? What if she's lying about that? What if it's an ex that she's not over? You can't rationalize anything with her about her ex. What if it's fear of not being ready for the complexities of a relationship yet? Again, you can't rationalize with her on this subject to change her mind either.

A girl with high-enough interest in a guy will not care about an ex, a student organization, or the complexities of a relationship. End of story.

So to h3ll with what she says: Pay attention to what she does. If you like making out with her and fooling around with her and are ok with just doing that and not having full-on s*x then keep doing it. But don't get emotionally invested in her and don't stop seeing other girls. If you don't think you can handle those two things while seeing her then I suggest cutting it off.

From what I see, it sounds like medium interest that isn't growing, and she's biding her time until someone who really knocks her socks off comes around. She could be pining for her ex to come back, or even banging her ex now. Bottom line is don't get emotionally involved in her and keep dating other women because this one has almost no chance of leading to anything from what I see. You are definitely doing the right thing by keeping distance and not being overly eager or responsive with her, so good job on that.
First off, that was a fantastic reply, thank you.

Second, my friends know her ex, and he's basically the one chasing her. He calls her every day, is very insecure, and can't seem to let her go.
He was her first real relationship, and she got so deep into it that she even knows his family.

Her reasoning was that she's unavailable because of how complicated and messed up the situation is.

She wants no strings attached hookups, but can't do that with me because she sees me as more than just a hookup, we actually know stuff about each other, and that could lead to feelings.

But yeah, medium interest sounds about right.
 

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
Also, I do have a few plates, but I guess this one getting a bit distant has made me want her a bit more.

She knows about other girls I banged in our organization so she knows I'm not just stuck on her.
 

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
3,361
Reaction score
1,594
Age
42
nothing like being second option for a girl huh? if the dude she want fail to stay with her there you are waiting so she won't be alone

self respect is a requirement to want respect from others you know, try this first then you can come back


btw stop lying about you ahve options, if you had you won't care and would spend time with the other options
 

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
Also, I do have a few plates, but I guess this one getting a bit distant has made me want her a bit more.
Very good that you recognize this. It's funny how even though one can be consciously aware of it, it still messes with you. But being aware makes it easier to control your emotions and do the right thing. In these situations, usually the only way to raise interest is to pull back as well - and that's the appropriate response to a girl pulling back anyway: She pulls back, you pull back harder. If it doesn't raise her interest then you know: She didn't want you so wasn't worth your time.

btw stop lying about you ahve options, if you had you won't care and would spend time with the other options
I know that comes from a good place, but all plates are not created equal, nor is your desire for them. I've had times where I had multiple options and was wrapped up enough with one of them that knowing I had the others provided zero comfort.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
3,361
Reaction score
1,594
Age
42
Very good that you recognize this. It's funny how even though one can be consciously aware of it, it still messes with you. But being aware makes it easier to control your emotions and do the right thing. In these situations, usually the only way to raise interest is to pull back as well - and that's the appropriate response to a girl pulling back anyway: She pulls back, you pull back harder. If it doesn't raise her interest then you know: She didn't want you so wasn't worth your time.



I know that comes from a good place, but all plates are not created equal, nor is your desire for them. I've had times where I had multiple options and was wrapped up enough with one of them that knowing I had the others provided zero comfort.

yes its not equal and sometimes we favor some more, but again self respect is a requirement to expect respect from others, if he did respect himself he wouldn't waste more time, don't matter how much he would fancy her more then others, he would cut and let it heal, matter little if he can notice the fact she distance herself from him and he wanted her more if he can't act on such undertanding
 

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
I’m not lying about the other plates, but admittedly they don’t interest me as much.
Look, I want advice so lying about details won’t do me much good, and you guys can’t help me with fake details anyway.

Yeah it sucks being second option, but I’d rather tell myself that she does in fact like me but just can’t go through with it.

Doesn’t mean I’m gonna focus my energy on her though. I respect myself, I can keep distance and talk to other girls.
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
I’m not lying about the other plates, but admittedly they don’t interest me as much.
Look, I want advice so lying about details won’t do me much good, and you guys can’t help me with fake details anyway.

Yeah it sucks being second option, but I’d rather tell myself that she does in fact like me but just can’t go through with it.

Doesn’t mean I’m gonna focus my energy on her though. I respect myself, I can keep distance and talk to other girls.
She is playig hot/cold , even if she finds you attractive it does not change what she is doing represent medium interest at best.

Best way to deal with women playin that hot/cold game is not playing it and showing indiference to her.
 

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
She is playig hot/cold , even if she finds you attractive it does not change what she is doing represent medium interest at best.

Best way to deal with women playin that hot/cold game is not playing it and showing indiference to her.
Medium interest doesn’t sound too bad.

in any case, I’m not giving her attention.
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
This girl sounds like a real professional at playing men. She is so good at it, that even though you know she's doing it you still don't want to acknowledge it. You got good advice already, and you know it's true, so I'll just add to the chorus saying listen to your gut rather than your fantasy and ego.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
This girl sounds like a real professional at playing men. She is so good at it, that even though you know she's doing it you still don't want to acknowledge it. You got good advice already, and you know it's true, so I'll just add to the chorus saying listen to your gut rather than your fantasy and ego.
But playing me for what purpose? We slept together, that's it.

I didn't buy her gifts, give her rides or anything, she didn't benefit from me in any way.

I'm not even giving her attention or validation, I don't get it
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
But playing me for what purpose? We slept together, that's it.

I didn't buy her gifts, give her rides or anything, she didn't benefit from me in any way.

I'm not even giving her attention or validation, I don't get it
If she didn't get something she wanted from you she wouldn't keep you in her orbit. No point obsessing over the details of what that is. You want to fvck her, she won't let you, but she keeps you in her orbit and makes you post threads about her on the internet. If you were fine with the current situation, I don't think you would've made this thread, you want us to tell you how you can "get her"... which is how she keeps you in her orbit. If you just didn't care and took the situation for what it is, this "problem" would solve itself.
 

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
If she didn't get something she wanted from you she wouldn't keep you in her orbit. No point obsessing over the details of what that is. You want to fvck her, she won't let you, but she keeps you in her orbit and makes you post threads about her on the internet. If you were fine with the current situation, I don't think you would've made this thread, you want us to tell you how you can "get her"... which is how she keeps you in her orbit. If you just didn't care and took the situation for what it is, this "problem" would solve itself.
So what do I do, just forget about her completely and move the fvck on?

I know the answer, just need to hear it I guess
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
So what do I do, just forget about her completely and move the fvck on?

I know the answer, just need to hear it I guess
If you can't control your emotions and accept the situation for what it is then yes, you should move on. However that's the thing, I am not sure how you would do so as she seems to be good at keeping you invested in her. Good luck.
 

Abethatguy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Location
The zone
If you can't control your emotions and accept the situation for what it is then yes, you should move on. However that's the thing, I am not sure how you would do so as she seems to be good at keeping you invested in her. Good luck.
Look, I'll be straight with you.

Yes I like her and would want to fvck again, but I'm not going to make it my mission.

I've distanced myself and don't plan on changing that up, and as far as she knows, I don't think about her at all.

if she tries anything I'll still be distant, especially if it's to play me.

And yeah, thanks
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top