Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cost of Car Insurance

Maestro Monk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi to all,

Insurance agencies have long since been the villains that have held me back from pimpin' it on four wheels.

I am forced to cough up the green for school over the next two years, so price quotes given to me from most agencies seem out of the question.

I have completed a driver's training course, and also have a clean record. Unfortunately, I cannot place my own third vehicle as an 'occasional operator' under my parent's plan, since it's limited to coverage on two vehicles, not three..which essentially means that I am forced to go with my own coverage plan.

I understand that my age and gender is likely going to place me in the highest premium range. This frustrates me considerably because I would literally be paying the price for many other's careless actions.

I'm curious to see what monthly/yearly rates some of you guys in my age bracket are paying..

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im on my parents plan as a second car and its about $1000/year.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be prepared to pay at least $1200 a year for a single car until you reach 25 and then your rates will drop if you have a clean driving record.

Maestro Monk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being from the great white north, where our dollar is worth less, I can expect to pay over 3 g's a year for insurance...i've yet to be quoted a lower annual figure than that. This is why I'll stick to riding shotgun with my friends until I'm finished paying for school.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... they're really high figures. Its the same here too, I guess. I just have 3rd party + fire/theft...

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Be prepared to pay at least $1200 a year for a single car until you reach 25 and then your rates will drop if you have a clean driving record.
I am not in that age bracket, but I have lots of points (5 or 6) and I pay $500 per year. My friend in who is of my age, with no points pays about $340 per year.
$1200 seems very high...

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just get a motorcycle... from what I understand, insurance on them is somewhere around $30-50 a month. Of course, your health and life insurance would probably spike but it's always an option...

Maestro Monk

Don Juan
Reaction score
A bike sounds like a simple solution, but it isn't suited for daily commuting, nor the snowy winter climate up here in Canada. Diablo, if bike insurance is that cheap over there, I'll be packing my bags for the U.S. immediately after graduating. ;)
If all goes well, I hope to have my M1 (2 wheel learner's permit) by the end of August so that I can ride recreationally...I have yet to check rates, but from what I have heard they will be in the 300+ range per month for anything over 100cc's.

I'd like to re-direct the discussion back to the car issue. To the successful guys out there who DO NOT drive: it would be great to hear your words of wisdom. I'm interested in seeing what kinds of dates you arrange, and how you go about in doing it.