converting money

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey , stupid question here. I have 200 american dollars that ive had for a while. Someone told me its very difficult process to convert it back to canadian. Yet another person said you can just take it to any bank, and they do it easily? which is true? also is it sutpid of me to have watied this long, because now the dollar has appreciated, thanks

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you don't need it, you are better off waiting until the dollar retains a tad bit more value.. you would be giving to charity right now

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes most banks. Sometimes have to pay a small fee.

Appreciation won't mean much as it's only $200.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got back from the UK and I felt like I was giving to Charity every time I went to the bank.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...I think it would have to be a particular bank.. I doubt the Twin City Bank down the street just has Canadian money laying around, waiting for you to come in and get some.

future dj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
so just go to the bank and ask to have $200 american converted to canadian, simple as that?
yes. it's that simple. go to any bank and tell them you want to change you American dollars into canadian. if you have an account they wont even charge you the fee.