Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Conversations with the sleep deprived...

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, a little history first:
I've become friends(I say friend b/c theres been no nudity yet lol) with the security dude from my work. We flirt and whatnot, obviously.

Late last week:
I was having dinner in the restaurant part of the bar. He comes over (on a break) and after I observed that he was a little tired, he gets into this speel about this dream he had where he was still living with his old girlfriend and they were happy and still living together etc..... Then he proceeds to talk about how he works so much and can't find the time to go out and meet someone. We talk back and forth about this(and other stuff-I didn't mind being a bit of a sounding board for him) for a little while longer, then I go to return my plate to the kitchen. He's gone out to the bar, and on my way out, I go to say Merry Christmas, and give him a kiss on the cheek. He pulls me in for a hug, and says that he hopes he can catch me before Christmas.
so in short:
-I like this guy, and wouldn't mind seeing him.
-It sounds like he's over the girlfriend,despite what he said. Infact, we share similar ideas about what we want from our next potential partners.
-With all the other factors, am I missing the obvious here? (i.e that hes keen on me) or am I making something outta nothing? If so, be nice, Y'all know I'm a little slow on the uptake ;).

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is only one way to find out ...

Grab your (figuratively speaking) balls and take him out!

For a chick, you can't really ask him out, otherwise he would probably freak. But you can HINT at getting together.

Don't make it a pressure "date" like doing something. Ask him to join you for after work drinks/breakfast at first. Then find some commonality and then work on a longer "date".

I believe you met my friend Roseknight when he came out with you guys a couple of weeks ago, or was it someone else?

LouieVaton Don

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I say swallow him whole. Me first. *these experiments iqqi started are fun*

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RoseKnight, the blond one? He was nice. :D

In the last year, I have dated some phucked up lads, and I am ready to spend some time with someone relatively normal. I just want a little help making sure that I am not getting myself into grief, lol.

That' s an excellent idea Uni, as long as I'm closing up the place with him. I'll just have to paitent though.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when the timing is right, just say in a normal tone of voice, "you should take me out."

worked for me!

some guys are just not willing to take the chance of rejection, so tell him what's up!

Reaction score
Do nothing - if he is a normal guy he would have picked up the hint with the kiss on the cheek and the hug - no futher action on your part is needed, you showed him you were available and easily appproachable (two things a guy would like to know). Let him be the man and make the next move - just make yourself available.

if he is interested in you he'll ask you out. If you ask him you'll look desperate or he just might say yes to not hurt your
feelings and you would not know if he was really interested in you or just compyling with your wishes.

NATHINNICE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask him to take you out, its not 1803 it 2003, even if in his eyes that makes you look like a freak, a thought cant killa fly.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE!

I think that I can forget this one.

I found out that he is of Palestinian descent. And despite being a non-practising half Jew, who could care less about her background or the crap going on over there, It's probably safe to say that he'll never speak to me again if he found out.

(and please keep the 'just don't tell him' suggestions quiet. I will not hide who I am from anyone.)

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: UPDATE!

Originally posted by ShortyBrown
I think that I can forget this one.

I found out that he is of Palestinian descent. And despite being a non-practising half Jew, who could care less about her background or the crap going on over there, It's probably safe to say that he'll never speak to me again if he found out.

(and please keep the 'just don't tell him' suggestions quiet. I will not hide who I am from anyone.)
Did you just find out he is Palestinian or did you find out his political/religious views, etc? Because in the same way that you are non-practicing, could care less about your background... maybe he is the same way? Assuming he'd never speak to you again, just because of his descent, doesn't really seem fair... he could have easily thought the same thing of you. (Unless of course, you have more detailed info on the subject, and it IS safe to assume that, which I can't tell from this post alone). What is his religion? Is he practicing? Is your Jewish half of Israeli descent? Either way, I'd say keep talking to him and see what happens when/if it ever comes up. If he really does never speak to you again after that, then it's his loss.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The security people at my work are wackjobs.....Nice guys, but rolling five sided dice....