Conversations at a Party HELP!

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey u all. I go to a school where everyone parties together. I mean the parties i go to include the same people every time. I mean there are people ive never met, but the MAJORITY of the girls/guys there are ones i see a lot. My question is: what do i say to people i always see....its like ive run out of topics! I can go up to strangers and talk about **** because i dont kno them and there is so much to find out. But people u see every weekend/....what do i talk about? inside jokes? tease them? WHat?

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DUDE -- You're at a party. In my opinion that's like the easiest place to talk to people because you don't have to be casual, so in most cases you can say just about anything even if it doesn't fit in. Just be crazy and talk about whatever the hell comes up or whatever the hell you want to talk about.

You see a hot girl, talk to your friend about how much you love that ass. (And then approach so you know for sure!)

See a cool movie? Mention it. Someday you almost got run over? Mention it. You wanna piss? Mention it. You think bats are cool, wish you were a dolphin or something? Mention it.

LOL, you're worrying about it too much. It doesn't really matter. ;)

Remember to just say whatever you want! How many things there are in this universe? Bet you have no ideia... that's just how many things there are to talk about.

Oh, and inside jokes are FUN especially if not everyone around you knows what's going on. LOL, it's awesome to turn to your friend and say "Milk", and then suddenly start laughing like crazy causing everyone else to laugh too, even though they have no idea what's going on.

Yeah, tease them if you want. Make inside jokes if you want. Say whatever you want to say, if you want to say it. Even if it's stupid, don't worry about it, just go ahead and have fun!

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All you need to do to start up a conversation is just find something that stands out from the rest of the croud, and either make a comment about it, or ask a question to someone. I.E. you see 2 people making out, so you make a comment about it. People laugh, and someone else comments on it. There you go. Its not that hard

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only reason you're making this post about having trouble talking to people, particularly strangers, is because you haven't really made a conscious effort to do it.

What do you want us to say? The only reasonable advice we can give you is to go out there and try it for yourself.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
The only reason you're making this post about having trouble talking to people, particularly strangers, is because you haven't really made a conscious effort to do it.

What do you want us to say? The only reasonable advice we can give you is to go out there and try it for yourself.
porky but i do try it.....whenever i go to these parties im thinkin about what to talk about...grrr...im such a newb...

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well why dont you drink a little, become a little more social....

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by splinterkb
All you need to do to start up a conversation is just find something that stands out from the rest of the croud, and either make a comment about it, or ask a question to someone. I.E. you see 2 people making out, so you make a comment about it. People laugh, and someone else comments on it. There you go. Its not that hard

I kno I sound so stupid....but when i see something like two people making out....i DONT KNOW HOW to comment on it. Like how to be funny. Its weird. I consider myself a smart kid; however, part of the reason for my social awkwardness is going to school in an all-guys private school for my whole life. Im tryin to work on it.

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brak86
I kno I sound so stupid....but when i see something like two people making out....i DONT KNOW HOW to comment on it. Like how to be funny. Its weird. I consider myself a smart kid; however, part of the reason for my social awkwardness is going to school in an all-guys private school for my whole life. Im tryin to work on it.
I've been through this. Moved from Brazil to USA at age 9, moved back to Brazil at age 12, moved back to USA, returned to Brazil at 15.

You see, this caused me to be rather... horrible at socializing. Really -- I didn't know what to say. Much like what's going on with you.

What did I do? I just started saying ANYTHING. I read the DJ bible and realized that there is nothing to fear. If I saw a car I might scream something like "PINK ELEPHANT!!!!" --- just to say SOMETHING.

Eventually you'll get it if you TRY.

kave

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol NEX i feel the same way when theres nuthin to talk about me and my boys will just start making **** up (i have a flying squirlle that likes to poop in milk jugs) its halarious especialy when no one knows ur just messing around..

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The majority of the parties I've been to have consisted of mostly people I know but don't know too well. I'd assume that it'd be easier to talk to people that you are familiar with. You have to just get into the party and all the action. Don't hold yourself back or think about what you want to say. It's a "party." You're there to have fun :]