"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Convenient 3000cal recipe *Pics*

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,813
Reaction score
55
For the longest time, I thought I was eating a lot. I even brushed off advice to count calories, A) because I was too sure of myself. and B) because I was lazy.

Finally I got around to it and realized I wasn't eating nearly enough to gain muscle! I was blaming it all on "poor genetics" or "something else". Here is what I eat now, and when I started, I thought the amount was absolutely ridiculous. But it's not. In actuality, my idea of eating before, was absolutely ridiculous.

Here is what I eat on a daily basis:

A 3,000 calorie CLEAN bulking recipe.

Here are the ingredients:

1kg ground beef
12 whole eggs
2 chicken breasts
3 whole tomatoes
1 whole "tree" of broccoli
1/2 a head of cauliflower
~15 sticks of esparagus
1/3 cup of ground almonds

recipe:

I cook with extra virgin olive oil.

*** I cook this meal in two equal parts, because my cookpot isn't large enough for it all at once. So just divide everything you prepare into two equal parts and cook separately.

* Before you begin cooking the ground beef, put the two chicken breasts in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes. Once they're done, dice them up and put them in with Step 3-6.

Steps:

1. Put the ground beef into the wok and cook until it isn't pink.
2. crack 6 whole eggs into a bowl.
3. add 1 1/2 diced tomatoes to the bowl of raw egg.
4. add 1/2 tree of broccoli to the bowl of raw egg.
5. add 1/4 cauliflower head to the bowl of raw egg.
6. add 1/2 the amount of cut up esparagus to the bowl.
6. Pour the mix into the cooking pot with the ground beef.
7. Cook/stir for roughly 5-8 minutes. It's really up to what heat you use, and what equipment you have though.
8. Once it looks like the eggs are cooked(not wet), it's done. Remember, the beef has already been cooked, so its safe to eat and you have some margin to work with depending on how dry you want it.
9. At this point, put it into a large container, let it cool, and put it in the refrigerator.

calories: 3,000cal
protein: 292g
fat: 180g
carbs: 47g (almonds)
* veggies not included in numbers

An easy way to eat this is in a wrap. Just buy a pack of whole wheat tortillas, and have at it.
--

To flesh it out with some carbs, I use: 2 baked potatoes, 4 sweet potatoes, and 3 pieces of fruit.

For extra protein, just have either a shake, a can of tuna, a piece of salmon, or whatever else you like.

This will bring it up to close to 4000 calories, and is a fantastic bulking diet for any regular sized guy. Just make sure to drink over 4L of water, mabye some green tea, and of course supplements, and you're ready to rock!

Here are some pictures, to give you a better idea of what this diet really is:

>Layed out in 2 equal parts That's basically the entire diet, not just the prepared recipe.

>Cooking

>In a container

>Veggies There is a **** load of veggies in this diet..
 
Last edited:

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
11
a thought: try storing in two shallower baking dishes -- both for the initial cooldown and in the fridge (and put em on separate shelves if you can). you're more likely to get food poisoning from improperly cooled food than raw eggs.

or eat half of it right away, that would be my plan :D

for variation play with spices (grind your own black peppercorns if possible) and try adding flavorful fresh vegetables - garlic (can buy pre-minced in jars), onion (and its relatives), bell and/or hot peppers, etc.

i've been doing a variation of this with just the beef + frozen veggie mixes (the latter steamed w/ butter). hadn't thought to add chicken, eggs or almonds, sweet! :up:
 

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
2,776
Reaction score
77
Just a question, how much does this diet cost approximately per day?
 

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,813
Reaction score
55
About $25 a day, not including supps and tap water. On the note of supps, I'm thinking of cutting them all out except for a good multi and fish oil.

The only semi-expensive thing in there is the chicken breasts, I fork out $5 a day for it.


The equivalent of two Steak and Cheese subs from subway.. god knows what it would cost at quiznos! :eek:
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
2,776
Reaction score
77
Question about the fish oil. Right now I'm not taking anything like that. I figure you're doing it for the Omega 3 fatty acid. Will you actually feel a difference in your body after taking fish oil? Will you have more energy or more strength. I know this probably sounds like a dumb question. And will also make your piss smell like fish the way tuna can?
 

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,813
Reaction score
55
I wouldn't say more strength so much as faster recovery...

I did notice when I started taking 2 tablespoons a day for several days that my skin texture improved. I have slept better since about when I started taking it, so that did translate to more energy. Though the claims of more energy likely comes from the fat loss that happens as a result of taking it.

And yes, you can smell FAINTLY of fish when you start megadosing it. It is an oil, afterall, and your skin/hair uses these oils.

Do a Google search on Benefits of Fish Oil... It's all been worked out in some big studies, not just some hocus-pocus New Age health gimmick.
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
123
Reaction score
1
Location
Tulsa
Wow that does look really good, I'll have to try that next time I buy groceries.
 

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2003
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
45
Location
USA
Quiksilver said:
About $25 a day
wow i could buy 3 days worth of food for 25bucks. Maybe i'm just cheap :cool:
 

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
1,910
Reaction score
22
Location
California
Quiksilver said:
For the longest time, I thought I was eating a lot. I even brushed off advice to count calories, A) because I was too sure of myself. and B) because I was lazy.

Finally I got around to it and realized I wasn't eating nearly enough to gain muscle! I was blaming it all on "poor genetics" or "something else". Here is what I eat now, and when I started, I thought the amount was absolutely ridiculous. But it's not. In actuality, my idea of eating before, was absolutely ridiculous.

Here is what I eat on a daily basis:

A 3,000 calorie CLEAN bulking recipe.

Here are the ingredients:

1kg ground beef
12 whole eggs
2 chicken breasts
3 whole tomatoes
1 whole "tree" of broccoli
1/2 a head of cauliflower
~15 sticks of esparagus
1/3 cup of ground almonds

recipe:

I cook with extra virgin olive oil.

*** I cook this meal in two equal parts, because my cookpot isn't large enough for it all at once. So just divide everything you prepare into two equal parts and cook separately.

* Before you begin cooking the ground beef, put the two chicken breasts in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes. Once they're done, dice them up and put them in with Step 3-6.

Steps:

1. Put the ground beef into the wok and cook until it isn't pink.
2. crack 6 whole eggs into a bowl.
3. add 1 1/2 diced tomatoes to the bowl of raw egg.
4. add 1/2 tree of broccoli to the bowl of raw egg.
5. add 1/4 cauliflower head to the bowl of raw egg.
6. add 1/2 the amount of cut up esparagus to the bowl.
6. Pour the mix into the cooking pot with the ground beef.
7. Cook/stir for roughly 5-8 minutes. It's really up to what heat you use, and what equipment you have though.
8. Once it looks like the eggs are cooked(not wet), it's done. Remember, the beef has already been cooked, so its safe to eat and you have some margin to work with depending on how dry you want it.
9. At this point, put it into a large container, let it cool, and put it in the refrigerator.

calories: 3,000cal
protein: 292g
fat: 180g
carbs: 47g (almonds)
* veggies not included in numbers

An easy way to eat this is in a wrap. Just buy a pack of whole wheat tortillas, and have at it.
--

To flesh it out with some carbs, I use: 2 baked potatoes, 4 sweet potatoes, and 3 pieces of fruit.

For extra protein, just have either a shake, a can of tuna, a piece of salmon, or whatever else you like.

This will bring it up to close to 4000 calories, and is a fantastic bulking diet for any regular sized guy. Just make sure to drink over 4L of water, mabye some green tea, and of course supplements, and you're ready to rock!

Here are some pictures, to give you a better idea of what this diet really is:

>Layed out in 2 equal parts That's basically the entire diet, not just the prepared recipe.

>Cooking

>In a container

>Veggies There is a **** load of veggies in this diet..
WOWSERS!! youre a friggen iron chef bro...i could never make food look that beautiful and good! even the unprepared food looks nice!
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
11
quik has a good sense of what cooks call 'presentation' but it's not rocket science if you start out with quality ingredients.
 

Omen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
858
Reaction score
5
speakeasy said:
Question about the fish oil. Right now I'm not taking anything like that. I figure you're doing it for the Omega 3 fatty acid. Will you actually feel a difference in your body after taking fish oil? Will you have more energy or more strength. I know this probably sounds like a dumb question. And will also make your piss smell like fish the way tuna can?
I usually end up smelling the softgel over the fish. The softgels are a tad thicker than others, and enteric coated, and I think when I take 2 of them I notice a weird smell. That's the only thing I notice from when I do and dont take them.

You may see some difference, you may not. Now as far as energy and strength, you are getting 1g of fat per dose usually, so no, its not enough to contribute to fatty acids as fuel like if you were to take 1Tbs of oil or something. Because fat is used as fuel for exercise.
 
Top