Controling My Mind

Alex_1987

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so a few days ago my friend and I were on a joint mission to get with these two chicks. Long story short they left his house at about 1 am without hooking up with us. We got pissed and went outside and went Fight Club on each other for awhile.

Throughout the course of the fighting I realizied there is this kind of fear in me that makes me take up a defensive postion and wait for them to come to me. And I mean that's how I seem to deal with everthing in life. Anyone got any tips or techniques on how I can make myself let go and be comftroble enough to take risks an a more regular basis???...with girls obviously we don't need to talk about any other aspect of life.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youve obviously had yourself treated poorly in past confrontations and have been trained to expect the worst...this is wrong. you need to start thinking along the lines of what good will come out of each and every confrontation, conversation etc. when you talk to someone, perk up and look for the good in the conversation, if they insult you laugh and insult them back, etc. i used to get picked on verbally alot and it set me in this negative social mindset and now i realize that i should be looking the other way...instead of thinking "oh shiit" when someone tries to talk to you, learn to enjoy it and expect good from it. if youre looking for the good, you'll find it. if youre looking for bad, you'll find it. look for good.

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex_1987 said:
Okay, so a few days ago my friend and I were on a joint mission to get with these two chicks. Long story short they left his house at about 1 am without hooking up with us. We got pissed and went outside and went Fight Club on each other for awhile.

Throughout the course of the fighting I realizied there is this kind of fear in me that makes me take up a defensive postion and wait for them to come to me. And I mean that's how I seem to deal with everthing in life. Anyone got any tips or techniques on how I can make myself let go and be comftroble enough to take risks an a more regular basis???...with girls obviously we don't need to talk about any other aspect of life.
Relax yourself with some herb bro.

Lol really though (I suggest it but on a more serious level), you need to take small steps first. Get out of your comfort zone gradually. Alot of guys give up because they try to do something HUGE in the beginning of improvement and it overwhelms them. Start off, step out of your comfort zone. recognize this is a moving process, you are constantly gonna be evolving, so theres no quick trick or technique.

Keep tokin btw :rockon:

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pooparu said:
Relax yourself with some herb bro.

Lol really though (I suggest it but on a more serious level), you need to take small steps first. Get out of your comfort zone gradually. Alot of guys give up because they try to do something HUGE in the beginning of improvement and it overwhelms them. Start off, step out of your comfort zone. recognize this is a moving process, you are constantly gonna be evolving, so theres no quick trick or technique.

Keep tokin btw :rockon:
lol when i started reading the first sentence of the original thread starter...on a joint mission. haha imagining james bond travelling to siberia and blowing down spies and leaders to get his hand on a doobie. thatd be a funny movie.

G_Nice_06

Don Juan
Reaction score
yo man in the past i've learned that u need to be comfortable with ur self first before thinkin about gettin wit all the girls. If u don't have confidence enough to talk to them then u need to take reflection time and then get out there and do ur thing. Good luck dude.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theres many "ideas" that can get you out of this mindset, I actually made a list myself, just a few reminders that keep you on a GOOD position when doing theese things, some were mentioned here, its important that you realize that theyre truth and use the, for example the "expect the best out of a situation" and "stop putting the ***** on a pedestal" are good reminders of what is really going on, and they'll keep you objective and confident unlike MOST all other guys, thats why DJs rule the world.

GateKeeper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha. That's great when you have a profound experience when doing something stupid. (You have a realization while punching your best friend....)

How to let go? Practice makes perfect. DIVE IN! Just do it once. My favorite technique is to go somewhere public and do something so ****ing retarded, everyone stares at you.

After those experiences... talking to a girl and being comfortable doesn't seem so big. Dig?