"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Contacted an HB9 again after 6 months!

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
I don't normally do this...but I was deleting old numbers from my phone and thought it couldn't hurt to send a quick message to test the waters.

She was an HB9 Asian who went on a coffee date with me in April, but she flaked possibly because I made an arse of myself at the end. Field report here:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49866

I remembered that she was trying to get a job at the casino so I said:

"Hey HB9! I was sorting through old numbers and found yours. Did you end up getting that casino job you always wanted? Cheers, duke007"

She replied straight away which surprised me:

"Hi! Haven't talked to you for long. I failed that one but I put on application and got another chance to the interview tomorrow. How are you going recently?"

Perfect timing hey? What do you make of this? Was she just being polite or is there a speck of interest there? I remember I gave up after one flake instead of persisting so it's hard to say

I replied saying good luck, you'll get it for sure, hear from you later...

Any advice on where to go from here?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
remember not to overanalyze, put yourself in her shoes. if you had said that to someone, would it mean that you were interested in them? naw right?

my ex used to be really friendly with me after we broke up, asking me how i was and all, but at the end if it all, it was jsut concern as a friend, nothing more.. and i made a mistake by analyzing too much. dont fall where i did mate.

high interest is her agreeing to your suggestion of a date. friendly conversation cannot be used as a gauge of interest. actions show her interest. go for it man.
 

Thraxeh

Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Age
72
i would say that shes interested, think about it. she replyed straight away, knowing who u were, after 6 months. ur on her mind !
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
my ex used to be really friendly with me after we broke up, asking me how i was and all, but at the end if it all, it was jsut concern as a friend, nothing more.. and i made a mistake by analyzing too much. dont fall where i did mate.
Same here. I agree with Jakeyboy on this. Once you start analyzing, it's downhill from there.
 

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
Overanalysis is sort of a word that is prone to overanalysis itself. Whether something is overanalysis depends on how much of the story you have before you.

Let's say you've known a girl for a while, meaning that you know how she acts and responds to different situations. In that case, there may be a lot of insight that you have in her behavior that will allow you to find the deeper meaning to what she's saying based on her unspoken words.

It is a fact that many people just don't like the whole direct communication thing, and would much rather be cryptic because it makes them uncomfortable to say it directly. Unfortunately, that's the way it is, and you'll never know what these girls mean until you look beyond her actual words. Actions certainly help as well.

An example is a girl I went out with just recently who said she was married before and got divorced. She told me that it was one of those situations where she said "yes" but she really meant "no". If a girl can say yes to marriage when she really means no, then anything's possible :rolleyes:
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
Keep us updated as to how this is going with this chick.

I have yet to call a girl I haven't seen in 2 ... or is it 3 years?

lol


long story, but yeah.

:D
GHOST
 

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
good advice guys, sometimes I am prone to overanalyse. I've decided to call in 4-5 days to set up another coffee date..there's nothing to lose.

And if she texts me before then saying, "I got the job!" or whatever, then I can safely assume she has interest
 

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
662
Reaction score
0
Not to rain on your parade, but i have contacted some girls i briefly dated in the past and it was nothing more then a big mistake. To me it demonstrates lack of progression.

I realize a lot of you believe in giving females a second chance, however i have found much more success and self satisfaction by practicing the one chance method. You see, by immediately dumping a female you save yourself valuable time, energy, and future disappointment. If in fact you decide to give a girl a second chance, you spend a lot of your time overanalyzing her every move and action.

I have dated a lot of girls and let me tell you, 95% of them make it very apparent when in fact they are interested in you. The other 5% are either religious nuts or psycho biche$, so do yourself a favor and next them immediatley!

One chance Method:

1. Get the #

2. Call her when you feel like it!

3. Arrange a place and time to go out with her.

4. She either agrees or feeds you some BS story.

5. If your fed a BS story you say "i'm sorry you feel this way" and hang up.

6. Discard the #

7. Who wants to date a flake anyway?

8. No harm done, go out and get more #'s until you find someone who appreciates you and your time!
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
I kinda did the same thing, and recieved surprising results.

There was this HB9 I met a year ago through my job, we talked for a little bit, but most topics stayed on work. At the time I was a big AFC and thought she was way to good (and to old: 19) for me and never even thought about asking her out.

Then after reading on this site a while, I finally decided what the hell, I'll ask her out, even though I hadn't really seen her in a year (although we go to the same school I rarely ran into her).

I call her up and say "hey, this is mark, so do you want out sometime?" clear out of the blue. Although she sounded really surprised, she said "yeah, that would be fun!".

P.S. but hey, at least I didn't come across as desperate/needy!
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
Originally posted by tristan22

One chance Method:

1. Get the #

2. Call her when you feel like it!

3. Arrange a place and time to go out with her.

4. She either agrees or feeds you some BS story.

5. If your fed a BS story you say "i'm sorry you feel this way" and hang up.

6. Discard the #

7. Who wants to date a flake anyway?

8. No harm done, go out and get more #'s until you find someone who appreciates you and your time!
well said.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Preach on my brothas!! yeah...I'm too asian to say that...but anyways!

Over analyzing sucks major d1ck for lack of a better term. Just go with the flow and girls will be attracted to you more. The more focused I was on my life and what I did and my goals, (and less on what girls thought), the more they were attracted to me. I haven't realized this until now, but even if you're acting "aloof and disinterested and even 'cool' ", girls can see thru that bullshat and know you're thinking about them all the time posting of a message board helping you eventually get them laid.
 

neoncola

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
I think you should try again. It's been awhile so any mistakes you made before have been long gone and she's probably forgotten for the most part. Good luck.
 
Top