"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Confused-girl is interested, not interested, and now sort of interested?

Wubbman

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
Fayetteville, AR
I usually don't my questions here, just because most of what I want to know has already been answered and explained, but what I'm about to ask hasn't.

At the beginning of the semester I tried to get with this girl I'm in band with (college marching band). Well, I found out before I could even really talk to her that she was interested in another guy, so I thought the hell with it and moved on.

However, I would see her from time to time and talk to her a little and she seemed to reciprocate. I asked her on several dates but never made it very far because she was always busy. However, she still seemed interested.

Then, the aformentioned guy came back into the picture in a big way. I was stupid and had developed one-itis by then and was crushed :( . Out of anger and annoyance that I had given my heart to yet another girl for no good reason, I began ignoring her. She ignored me too to a certain extent.

I had written her off and basically gotten over her when I saw her today while going to class. She smiled at me and I sort of nodded while on my cell phone. Then, today in practice, she made eye contact several times with me.

So, my question is what does this all mean. Did ignoring her make her interested again? Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing. I still would like to get to know her, but I'm not going to bother if she's still with the other guy, which I can't really tell at the moment. How much interest should I wait for her to show until I ask her on another date? I know the perfect scenario is for her to do the chasing, but how much should I let her do before I reciprocate, if indeed she is still interested? Thanks.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Wubbman

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
Fayetteville, AR
Hmmm, no one has any ideas of advice?
 

FunkyMillion

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Age
44
move on man

here is my advice man.... Just move on, find another girl and you'll forget about her in an instant..

-Funk
 

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
It's pretty simple really. Next time you see her, walk up to her, say hello and find out what's going on with her. She has shown signs that she's approachable. If her boyfriend is out of the picture at this point, or if she seems otherwise receptive, ask her out. Don't bother with the analyzing.
 

blitzin'

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Women are weird that way aren't they!:p
I had a similar situation. Just act casual around her, if she smiles smile back, be friendly, but not too friendly. As soon as you start giving her attention again she will most likely pull the same s hit over again. Just focus on other women. If she keeps showing signs casually invite her out sometime. If she says she's busy and can't give you a day it means she's not that interested. Don't worry about it, you're young you'll have many more opportunities.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top