Confirm the obvious....

Double Trouble

Reaction score
This is my first post and likely similar to many.....

I asked this girl out and got her number no probs, called her 2 days later to arrange a date, she said she is working the next night ( Mon ) so will I call her Tuesday to arrange, she added " I definately want to meet up "

I called her on Tuesday and got no reply..........

Do you think I have my answer from that or is it too early to judge ? It's strange that when you read this about other guys the answer seems so simple but when it's you......?

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:

I asked this girl out and got her number no probs, called her 2 days later to arrange a date, she said she is working the next night ( Mon ) so will I call her Tuesday to arrange, she added " I definately want to meet up "

Do you think I have my answer from that or is it too early to judge ? It's strange that when you read this about other guys the answer seems so simple but when it's you......?
Everything I've been learning here over the years is summed up in the simple phrase: "Base your assessment on her ACTIONS, not on her WORDS."

She may be legitemately busy, what is important is that you spin other plates and don't dwell on this ones outcome.

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:

Did you leave a message? If you left a message and she doesn't bother to reply (with some sort of counteroffer at that), then you have a definitive answer to your question. Like BeyondCharm said, judge her by her actions. I wouldn't hold my breath for this chick if I were you.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, don't worry about it, meet other girls.

you may want to try again in a while, if you're bored or something, but don't have any expectations. and definitely don't set up a weekend date with this girl.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:

2 strikes, she's out.

Shoot her a text in about 6 weeks and treat it as zombie game.

Next time don't go for the quick kill. Leave it non-commital and low pressure with something along the lines of "when you free in the next couple weeks?" It's so open ended that she's bound to have free time and won't be able to use weasel words.

Double Trouble

Reaction score
Instinct

Yeah, that's what my gut was telling me, instinct is usually reliable.

It is likely I'll bump into this girl in a week or so , I think I'll put £2 in her hand saying " I told you I'd buy you a drink, grab a coke with this " and walk off laughing....

Then again that would be more wasted effort on this girl.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
please don't do that coke move, it's lame, and illustrates that she made the right choice flaking on you. you'll project that you cared way too much, and needless to say, that is bad.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

When she asked you to call her Tuesday your reply should be "I'll probably be busy. Maybe I'll talk to you some other time."

Use this as a gauge of her interest. I wouldn't call her back right away either. Let her feel that she has to work for your time. You aren't just waiting around for an opportunity to take her out.

Also don't leave messages. If she is interested enough she'll see your number and know you called.

Radninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
The truth....It will make me feel good and help my ego:up:
Then there's easier way to go about it: just start shooting up heroin, and as long as you can keep the habit you won't have a worry in the world - just an alternate reality bliss.

Double Trouble

Reaction score
Instinct

wjh said:
please don't do that coke move, it's lame, and illustrates that she made the right choice flaking on you. you'll project that you cared way too much, and needless to say, that is bad.
Possibly but as I say I am going to bump into this flake I'm sure, I have seen a mate of mine get this treatment from a girl recently and he just ignored her next time he met, he treated her as she deserved but I could see people ( myself included ) construed this as him being really bothered by it ?? ( he was by the way )

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
Possibly but as I say I am going to bump into this flake I'm sure, I have seen a mate of mine get this treatment from a girl recently and he just ignored her next time he met, he treated her as she deserved but I could see people ( myself included ) construed this as him being really bothered by it ?? ( he was by the way )
Just be friendly, as if nothing happened, don't be bothered by flaky women, that's just how they are when their interest is low. It's like a woman getting mad at a guy for thinking fat girls aren't worth their time. If the fat girl gets mad, and says she deserves to be treated better, do you expect the natural desires of men to then fall into line with her desires? No.

By not caring, by your aloofness, you do more for yourself with this specific girl, in terms of getting what you want, while retaining your dignity. In general, though, you also save yourself headaches if/when she receives the affects of your bitterness through pathetic gestures. It doesn't help advertise your worth as a man to other women if you decide your feelings were hurt so badly that you have to act out. Control yourself.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:

I don't know about anyone else... but to me, there's something.... missing.

1) When you called her, did she pick up right away?
2) Did she know it was you, when you called?
3) You said "Tuesday"... today is Friday. You posted this on Thursday. Did she ever call you back? Did you call back? Did you text?

I think we're missing information here.

Still, the fact that on Tuesday she didn't pick up, leads me to believe this:

- When you called, she didn't know it was you (which means she might have given up her number to other people as well) and picked it up. She decided to put you down nicely by saying she wasn't available... you made the mistake of telling her you were going to call back specifically on Tuesday... and then, she of course didn't pick up. Since you posted this on a Thursday, I can only assume that she never called you back and that you already deleted her number.

Does that sound about right?

Double Trouble

Reaction score

Kailex said:
I don't know about anyone else... but to me, there's something.... missing.

1) When you called her, did she pick up right away?
2) Did she know it was you, when you called?
3) You said "Tuesday"... today is Friday. You posted this on Thursday. Did she ever call you back? Did you call back? Did you text?

I think we're missing information here.

Still, the fact that on Tuesday she didn't pick up, leads me to believe this:

- When you called, she didn't know it was you (which means she might have given up her number to other people as well) and picked it up. She decided to put you down nicely by saying she wasn't available... you made the mistake of telling her you were going to call back specifically on Tuesday... and then, she of course didn't pick up. Since you posted this on a Thursday, I can only assume that she never called you back and that you already deleted her number.

Does that sound about right?

I didn't call her after she didn't answer on Tuesday, she knows my number from the previous call. So yes she never called back and I deleted her number.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be very strict with this and delete numbers after 2 strikes.

Now I'm thinking differently.

A few girls that did that to me, 6 months to a year later showed up and acted like girls with high IL, apologising for their earlier behaviours (saying that it's family / health / job etc.) One I'm going out with next week and she almost seems scared that I'm not taking her seriously. Another is coming back to the country next month and keeps emailing me saying how she can't wait to be here.

The important thing is that although I did mentally cut them off, I never made any parting shot. I simply withdrew. I also did not take what they did seriously. I know at the time, it's very easy to get pissed off at women when they flake on you. When those girls did that to me though, I had others on the line so it didn't bother me much.

Having said that, I didn't take them seriously then, I wouldn't take them seriously now either. It will be P&D. ;)

cedd

Don Juan
Reaction score
next.
Interested women would always reply, by any means.